Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay guys, totally not Billet related, but this group is full of my most trusted enablers.

Looking for something somewhat specific.
Carbon fiber, regulated, dual 18650. I enjoy my NCII-22 but fear that it's going to go wonky on me soon.

Suggestions?
cc511b1eb0531e8b8d67785bbdbb9a59.jpg

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why not get another? Or they discontinued ?

I still have a pair of 25’s sitting in the drawer

Thinking of pairing one of them with a Taifun GT4+Nano kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not get another? Or they discontinued ?

I still have a pair of 25’s sitting in the drawer

Thinking of pairing one of them with a Taifun GT4+Nano kit

I was hoping for something with a nicer fit and finish, I guess. The battery door on this one leaves a gap, atties won't screw down completely flush, etc.
Funny, the 25 I had seemed to be a bit nicer.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was hoping for something with a nicer fit and finish, I guess. The battery door on this one leaves a gap, atties won't screw down completely flush, etc.
Funny, the 25 I had seemed to be a bit nicer.

Sent from the Death Star

That is odd... my 25's sit every atty I ever owned fully flush... and door had no play.

upload_2019-4-16_17-4-24.png

Warlock Z

Triple I know ;)

upload_2019-4-16_17-5-45.png

Triade

upload_2019-4-16_17-6-20.png
upload_2019-4-16_17-6-49.png
Paranormal

Could probably pick up a nice used VT133 and add a CF wrap

upload_2019-4-16_17-9-41.png

Dovpo Trigger

upload_2019-4-16_17-11-37.png

Not dual, but 18650/20700/21700 would go a long way with a 40T battery

upload_2019-4-16_17-13-39.png

upload_2019-4-16_17-14-46.png

again not dual, but 21700 ;)

But if you were to want what I think would work

upload_2019-4-16_17-15-50.png

and I gave mine away to some poor sap here on VU that ghosted soon after

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got it! You're looking for a mod, but today was a long week for me so I couldn't figure out the NC 2 part...noisy cricket....slow but I get there. Your best bet would more than likely be to post a want add in the hardware.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still have a Vapor Shark Flask DNA 133 in the box, use the second one as a daily with a Dvarw topper. If memory serves (doubtful, but let's roll with it) I think I still have a Triade in the box....

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is odd... my 25's sit every atty I ever owned fully flush... and door had no play.

View attachment 136280

Warlock Z

Triple I know ;)

View attachment 136281

Triade

View attachment 136282
View attachment 136283
Paranormal

Could probably pick up a nice used VT133 and add a CF wrap

View attachment 136284

Dovpo Trigger

View attachment 136285

Not dual, but 18650/20700/21700 would go a long way with a 40T battery

View attachment 136286

View attachment 136287

again not dual, but 21700 ;)

But if you were to want what I think would work

View attachment 136288

and I gave mine away to some poor sap here on VU that ghosted soon after
The Sigelei would be really nice and I like the look of that Warlock Z. I considered a VS rDNA 60 but the single batt thing seems pretty redundant for me between my mechs and other regulated mods.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A Vapor Flask DNA you saaaaaaaaaay?
ef34127ec406587f55a11c18c95ff972.jpg

Sent from the Death Star
Yup! I have a couple of the Vapor Flask (Wismec-ish ones) also but they're crappy compared to the VaporShark even though the non slip skin/finish on the daily looks rather thrashed now, it is still solid. Took a few drops on concrete too....

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Surprising as it is... If I were to buy another mod to use for the home... I'd probably buy a Triade DNA250C and slap a Taifun GT4 on it lol

Sure its a beast... sure it will be heavy... but its a mod I won't carry but around the house then sit on the table.

Could only imagine triple 18650s at 14w and how long that would last for at 97% efficiency

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup! I have a couple of the Vapor Flask (Wismec-ish ones) also but they're crappy compared to the VaporShark even though the non slip skin/finish on the daily looks rather thrashed now, it is still solid. Took a few drops on concrete too....
Well you let me know if you ever want to unload your extra DNA version

(I wouldn't if I were you haha!)

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well you let me know if you ever want to unload your extra DNA version

(I wouldn't if I were you haha!)

Sent from the Death Star
I'd really hate to part with it, I bought both of them when they first came out, I really love the format. I even have a squonk one that got juice inside and the DNA 40(?) board is fried but I'm hoping to eventually get some time and try and fit a DNA 60 in it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@~Don~ and @R3alJim Shady, any you tube vids on how to sharpen blades ( you know, step by step for the kid lickin' windows in the back of the short yellow bus). I understand the going to increasingly finer grits but all that stropping stuff....:eek::wave:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@~Don~ and @R3alJim Shady, any you tube vids on how to sharpen blades ( you know, step by step for the kid lickin' windows in the back of the short yellow bus). I understand the going to increasingly finer grits but all that stropping stuff....:eek::wave:
So as far as sharpening goes, I have some bad habits (learned in kitchens) . I put my finger where the edge of the knife meets the stone so I can feel that it's at the correct angle. No pressure on the knife into the stone. Let the grit of the stone do the work.

I don't strop my knives so I can't help you there. However, I do with my straight razors though and if it's somewhat similar you should be able to feel it and hear it when your edge is being properly stropped.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So as far as sharpening goes, I have some bad habits (learned in kitchens) . I put my finger where the edge of the knife meets the stone so I can feel that it's at the correct angle. No pressure on the knife into the stone. Let the grit of the stone do the work.

I don't strop my knives so I can't help you there. However, I do with my straight razors though and if it's somewhat similar you should be able to feel it and hear it when your edge is being properly stropped.

Sent from the Death Star
I remember my grandfather stropping his straight razors, I never had the nerve to use one.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The funny thing is... once he gets the Wicked Edge and finds out just how easy guided sharpeners are... Brew will be looking to sharpen everything he can get his hands on...

I got my KME and broke in the stones on all my kitchen knives ;)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The funny thing is... once he gets the Wicked Edge and finds out just how easy guided sharpeners are... Brew will be looking to sharpen everything he can get his hands on...

I've never used one, but I imagine it would make it A LOT easier.

Sent from the Death Star

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Just watched a YT video on a guy sharpening with the wicked edge, he's doing 200 strokes with each grit:eek::slowclap: Estan muy loco!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I will more than likely join their forum, I haven't seen anyone do a demo on sharpening a hawkbill blade. Never mind, just found one using the WE

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from the Death Star
What does stropping actually do?

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A month has passed...

Sebenza still at the mother ship...

Probably get it back near my birthday next month...

6711b8c09eec17d356b57ba4c9b24c12.jpg

After I mailed it in to be serviced is when I went ahead and bought the Inkosi

3c62f4beacc49ea80554acb5ec09efde.jpg

Might have to buy a small Inkosi plain Jane while I wait for the sebenza

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well shit

d5090c360d7e28c42480c8be642a0e58.jpg

Speak of the devil...mother ship called knife will be here by the weekend

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you got them... Kershaw was one of the first pocket knives that started it all for me... decent lil booger and designed by Rick Hinderer... which he makes some decent knives...

Please be careful with the Vtoku...its sharp

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One thing about the Wicked Edge systems... you can actually make a living with them. After some time and practice over an assortment of knives, you can actually start charging people for sharpening...

One guy charges $25 a knife, and he probably gets 10-20 a week... owners pay shipping and insurance both ways...and it takes about 15-20 mins to fully sharpen one.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing about the Wicked Edge systems... you can actually make a living with them. After some time and practice over an assortment of knives, you can actually start charging people for sharpening...

One guy charges $25 a knife, and he probably gets 10-20 a week... owners pay shipping and insurance both ways...and it takes about 15-20 mins to fully sharpen one.
I can just see me in a swap-meet sharpening knives.....NOOOOT!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yay the lil beater VT75 Nano arrived... paired it with the other Dvarw and it will be the out and about errand mod ;)

Only issue with it is the battery door...what a total pain in the ass screwing that on... might slap one of the new P26As in it permanently and just USB charge it lol

39ba195dfff12a906df73b162cb6ff07.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors