Become a Patron!

Billow RTA by Eciggity and EHpro

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Came home today to a package from Eciggity lol that I had forgot I ordered. Got the Freakshow RDA, and a collab between Eciggity and EHpro tank called Billow. Well Freakshow RDA is really nice, but this is going to be about the Billow. I just happen to pick it up because I liked the way it was built. It was between it or the Orchid by Infinite. The Billows had all Infinite had done with the Orchid and a bunch more changes and upgrades. Like they combined everything one thing you like about the Russian 91%, Kayfun, Orchid and even a Nautilus on how the tank seals all into one. And I think it IS the best RTA I have used to date.

First lets start with the presentation. Comes in a nice box with all the goodies you get from everyone else. Two sided screw driver like comes with Kayfun and Russian and a bag of all replacement screws and O rings. And yeah thats a solid glass tank.

Uq88cK2.jpg

Then to the Billows itself and look. It says 5ml juice capacity, but I put 3 ml in it to start and I still had what looked like another 3 or more ml left to fill.

tEiBdgU.jpg

Dual air flow control!

btPBIXp.jpg

I never thought I'd see a tank with a wide enough bore I could drip into.

Qf8V2fV.jpg

KHxrBjP.jpg

Now for inside and the build deck. Slightly bigger then the Orchids deck. Also easier to use screws then those dreaded grub screws. Who knows how many hours I have spent finding that hex key tool when I need to rebuild my Orchid.

2UsQRcc.jpg

xMtuzBN.jpg

Little hole going down is the juice fill hole.

ab6eJjq.jpg

Wide intake hold for better flavor production.

i1kds1o.jpg

Now for a quick build. I Built it like I would normally build an Orchid but added one more wrap to my coil making it a 7 wrap dual 24 gauge coils.

pksAI31.jpg

bF9n9Gt.jpg

Ok all said and done it's together how does it vape? Best vaping experience I have got from an RTA system. No... let me say that another way, I mean it's Slap you in the face flavor. I used the same juice I used it my Orchid all day today at work. When I took that first hit every note was smoother, cleaner, and richer then the tank I had vaped all day. I may not pick up my Russian 91% again. >.>

The Only negative I can give it is that it has a one piece chimney and like the Orchid I would like to see it made into a two piece like the Kayfun and Russian 91%, but it does have a conical top to it's chimney which is a big plus.

Link.

Billows

Last edited:

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love this RTA. It replaced my orchid. With that said, I felt the deck was slightly smaller than my orchid but will have to compare them side by side when they are both empty. Do you know how it wicks with ticker juices? My orchid doesn't wick well with 80/20 and I started this off with 50/50.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With the build I was using there I used 80/20 vg/pg and never had one issue with wicking. Every hit up until I ran the tank out had not one dry hit.

I have heard of some people having problems using 28 gauge and lighter wire. Said the post screws were cutting that light wire. So I recommend 26 gauge or under. My normal build on this style tank is 24 gauge dual coil 6/7 wraps.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also do not put any cotton in the juice channels, but I do use a lot of cotton as you can see so some does tend to get in the threads, but not much.

Best working RTA I have bought.

Also I thought the deck seemed slightly larger, but the chimney is shorter and conical.

Last edited:

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That looks badass, been looking for a glass RTA and will check this out. Thanks for the review.

Came home today to a package from Eciggity lol that I had forgot I ordered. Got the Freakshow RDA, and a collab between Eciggity and EHpro tank called Billow. Well Freakshow RDA is really nice, but this is going to be about the Billow. I just happen to pick it up because I liked the way it was built. It was between it or the Orchid by Infinite. The Billows had all Infinite had done with the Orchid and a bunch more changes and upgrades. Like they combined everything one thing you like about the Russian 91%, Kayfun, Orchid and even a Nautilus on how the tank seals all into one. And I think it IS the best RTA I have used to date.

First lets start with the presentation. Comes in a nice box with all the goodies you get from everyone else. Two sided screw driver like comes with Kayfun and Russian and a bag of all replacement screws and O rings. And yeah thats a solid glass tank.

Uq88cK2.jpg

Then to the Billows itself and look. It says 5ml juice capacity, but I put 3 ml in it to start and I still had what looked like another 3 or more ml left to fill.

tEiBdgU.jpg

Dual air flow control!

btPBIXp.jpg

I never thought I'd see a tank with a wide enough bore I could drip into.

Qf8V2fV.jpg

KHxrBjP.jpg

Now for inside and the build deck. Slightly bigger then the Orchids deck. Also easier to use screws then those dreaded grub screws. Who knows how many hours I have spent finding that hex key tool when I need to rebuild my Orchid.

2UsQRcc.jpg

xMtuzBN.jpg

Little hole going down is the juice fill hole.

ab6eJjq.jpg

Wide intake hold for better flavor production.

i1kds1o.jpg

Now for a quick build. I Built it like I would normally build an Orchid but added one more wrap to my coil making it a 7 wrap dual 24 gauge coils.

pksAI31.jpg

bF9n9Gt.jpg

Ok all said and done it's together how does it vape? Best vaping experience I have got from an RTA system. No... let me say that another way, I mean it's Slap you in the face flavor. I used the same juice I used it my Orchid all day today at work. When I took that first hit every note was smoother, cleaner, and richer then the tank I had vaped all day. I may not pick up my Russian 91% again. >.>

The Only negative I can give it is that it has a one piece chimney and like the Orchid I would like to see it made into a two piece like the Kayfun and Russian 91%, but it does have a conical top to it's chimney which is a big plus.

Link.

Billows
Resnik, I just got one too but being somewhat a newbie if you could answer a few questions I would appreciate it.
what diameter coil did you build? If you used a 1/16 you're at a .23 ohm, right? You're right btw about the .26 wire being cut by the screws.
When I did my build and put juice in the tank (from the top) it leaked from the air intake holes and the air baffle screws on the bottom. Had to screw them in quite far to stop/lessen the leak. Did I do something wrong?
I did two coils, .26 wire 1/8 7 wraps and organic cotton on top of a mech 18650 battery, didn't seem to produce much of a hit. Put it on top of a iTaste MVP V2 at 8 then 11 watts and again not much vape compared to a tank/cardo. The hits did seem to be a little harsh too.
Could you guess what my problem(s) are stemming from? Do I need to get like a PV2 50 watt box and try that. I do have .24 and .32 wire coming.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Resnik, I just got one too but being somewhat a newbie if you could answer a few questions I would appreciate it.
what diameter coil did you build? If you used a 1/16 you're at a .23 ohm, right? You're right btw about the .26 wire being cut by the screws.
When I did my build and put juice in the tank (from the top) it leaked from the air intake holes and the air baffle screws on the bottom. Had to screw them in quite far to stop/lessen the leak. Did I do something wrong?
I did two coils, .26 wire 1/8 7 wraps and organic cotton on top of a mech 18650 battery, didn't seem to produce much of a hit. Put it on top of a iTaste MVP V2 at 8 then 11 watts and again not much vape compared to a tank/cardo. The hits did seem to be a little harsh too.
Could you guess what my problem(s) are stemming from? Do I need to get like a PV2 50 watt box and try that. I do have .24 and .32 wire coming.

I apologize I missed this post. The coils are 2.4mm, and if you look back up I have the tank base sitting on a coil jig. The post I had on the jig was the post I used to wrap the coil. I hope you have sorted your issue out by now, but something sounds off. I have built the coils as big as 3.0mm and as small as 1.5mm and every time I get excellent flavor and vapor production. I always make the same amount of wraps since 6/7 is just about the exact length of the air intake hole right under the coil. I do that to try and maximize the air flow around the coil.

It sounds a lot like you are not getting enough juice to your coil to me. I know on my build of the Billow I put no cotton down in the juice channels. Yes, I use a lot of cotton and some does get caught in the threads as I put the chimney back on, but I do not intentionally place any cotton into the channel itself.

Now this as well, how low of a build can an I-Taste handle? I know a lot of your veritable voltage products can not handle much under 1.0 ohms and with the build you are describing you should be @ 0.5/0.6 ohm maybbee a 0.7. From what I am reading the Itaste is 1.0-1.2 ohm and up, so they can't handle anything sub ohmed. Now the IPV V2 can handle 0.2-3.0 ohms and should be fine for the type of build you are using. It should even be able to handle the same build at 24 gauge since it should put you at 0.25-0.35 ohms. I did read one place that the I-taste has no protection and can short out at to low of a build so be careful. I also read that one guy had a 0.8 ohm build in his I-Taste and although it worked he said it was not hitting like it should and when put on a mechanical mod hit much better.

Last thought, each and every time I build any tank I wet the cotton well and then do a only chimney drag off the build before putting the tank section on. I do this to check for shorts, function, and vapor production.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think this is a pretty interesting product. I definitely want one. I went to eciggity and they are out of stock. They are hoping to get some in next week, according to the site.

I'll keep checking and when they are in stock, I'll be buying one.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been putting an Aqua V2 through it's paces for the last couple of days and the Billow out performs it still as a tank. I also got a Atlantis sub tank in for review and although it's not quite the air flow of that pre built coil tank the Billow still beats it in flavor and vapor density.

If they would just give it a 2 piece chimney like a kayfun/russin 91% it would be the best tank on the market. I've hit eciggity up a few times to get them to add a 2 piece chimney to the mix.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been putting an Aqua V2 through it's paces for the last couple of days and the Billow out performs it still as a tank. I also got a Atlantis sub tank in for review and although it's not quite the air flow of that pre built coil tank the Billow still beats it in flavor and vapor density.

If they would just give it a 2 piece chimney like a kayfun/russin 91% it would be the best tank on the market. I've hit eciggity up a few times to get them to add a 2 piece chimney to the mix.

What will a 2 piece chimney do for it?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a winner. Looks nice too.

I like my Orchid v4 (with phillips screws and a KF tank), Fogger v4 and even my old Aquas. Just got an Erlkönigin RBA that I need to build, where would this atty fit in that mix?

FWIW; I'm not a lung-hitter or much of a sub-ohmer, usually vaping tobacco 14-18mg 20/80 PG/VG juice around 1.0-1.3 ohm or higher. Dislike super-airy draws too...I vape pretty much like I smoked. :)

BTW, you can buy a spare Orchid deck for parts from FT for a few bucks, including the proper screws. ;)

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well my first tank system was a authentic Russian 91%, it's is a close match to a Kayfun tank. They have a two piece chimney.

Russian 91% chimney. It has two parts, a top cap and bottom section. The benefit of this is when you are putting it together you can take the cap off an adjust your cotton after threading the base on.

WE8F7hH.jpg

The Billow was based off of the Orchid design so it has a single piece chimney.

z2burdQ.png

All that being said yes the chimney design of the Russian 91% I feel is a bit better, the Billows and other Orchid based tanks have twice or more air flow and allow for easy two coil builds. I have found where a company made an after market chimney for the Orchid, but what I want is EHpro and Eciggity to make one for their Billow.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Billow changes the chimney of the Orchid to a conical top for better flavor and also adds threading to the top of the stem. The threading at the stem is to thread the top cap on the tank to hold the glass section in.

If you love your Orchids and have wanted a 2 piece chimney this is for you. It allows you to use a kayfun top cap with a base that threads onto a Orchid. I have ordered a few for my "take to work" Orchids.

http://www.avidvaper.com/orchid-two-piece-chimney/

This 2 piece chimney section will not work for a Billows because it does not have a threaded top to the stem that the billows would need to hold the top cap and outer glass tank.

Last edited:

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a winner. Looks nice too.

I like my Orchid v4 (with phillips screws and a KF tank), Fogger v4 and even my old Aquas. Just got an Erlkönigin RBA that I need to build, where would this atty fit in that mix?

FWIW; I'm not a lung-hitter or much of a sub-ohmer, usually vaping tobacco 14-18mg 20/80 PG/VG juice around 1.0-1.3 ohm or higher. Dislike super-airy draws too...I vape pretty much like I smoked. :)

BTW, you can buy a spare Orchid deck for parts from FT for a few bucks, including the proper screws. ;)

The only one in their I have not got any experience on is the Erl. As far as all the rest it out performs all of them. I have not got a Fogger V5 in yet, but from what I have seen the Billow should do slightly better then it in both ease of build and air flow. As far as air flow with the Billow it matches one of my Orchid V2's after I drilled out the air holes to the next size drill bit, but the chimney stem on the Billow is still twice as big as any Orchid stem so it has much more air flow there.

I apologize I missed this post. The coils are 2.4mm, and if you look back up I have the tank base sitting on a coil jig. The post I had on the jig was the post I used to wrap the coil. I hope you have sorted your issue out by now, but something sounds off. I have built the coils as big as 3.0mm and as small as 1.5mm and every time I get excellent flavor and vapor production. I always make the same amount of wraps since 6/7 is just about the exact length of the air intake hole right under the coil. I do that to try and maximize the air flow around the coil.

It sounds a lot like you are not getting enough juice to your coil to me. I know on my build of the Billow I put no cotton down in the juice channels. Yes, I use a lot of cotton and some does get caught in the threads as I put the chimney back on, but I do not intentionally place any cotton into the channel itself.

Now this as well, how low of a build can an I-Taste handle? I know a lot of your veritable voltage products can not handle much under 1.0 ohms and with the build you are describing you should be @ 0.5/0.6 ohm maybbee a 0.7. From what I am reading they are the Itaste is 1.0-1.2 ohm and up, so they can't handle anything sub ohmed. Now the IPV V2 can handle 0.2-3.0 ohms and should be fine for the type of build you are using. It should even be able to handle the same build at 24 gauge since it should put you at 0.25-0.35 ohms. I did read one place that the I-taste has no protection and can short out at to low of a build so be careful. I also read that one guy had a 0.8 ohm build in his I-Taste and although it worked he said it was not hitting like it should and when put on a mechanical mod hit much better.

Last thought, each and every time I build any tank I wet the cotton well and then do a only chimney drag off the build before putting the tank section on. I do this to check for shorts, function, and vapor production.
Thank you so much for all this info. I did go to a shop and posted my experience on this RTA after an experienced build and tank fill lol. Turns out it really is a great device, except for the screws cutting the wires which I hope they come out with a fix for soon.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cute wire generally comes from sharp ended screws that have not been smoothed at the point it makes contact with the wire. Best thing I have found to do was to lock the head of the screw into a pair of vice grips or large pair of hemostats then take a piece of sand paper fold it over the end of the screw and turn it back and forth smoothing out the sharp threads at the tip of the screw.

VU Sponsors