Become a Patron!

Bitterness

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys i hope your all well, I recently got two vape flavors and their brand new. Directly after mixing I taste a bit of a tart aftertaste, the flavors are Gimmix and Admiral berry crunch from mount bake vapor, both of the flavors are super high rated so I don't think its that (probably me), this is my first time mixing, for a 30 ml I put in about 5 ml of flavor. Is there a reason that it tastes this way? Thanks

Base: 3 mg nic/ 80/20 vgpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi guys i hope your all well, I recently got two vape flavors and their brand new. Directly after mixing I taste a bit of a tart aftertaste, the flavors are Gimmix and Admiral berry crunch from mount bake vapor, both of the flavors are super high rated so I don't think its that (probably me), this is my first time mixing, for a 30 ml I put in about 5 ml of flavor. Is there a reason that it tastes this way? Thanks

Base: 3 mg nic/ 80/20 vgpg
That's a lot of flavoring, have you tried it using less?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never used their flavors, but from what I've read many need a lot of steeping. In addition, just because it has 'rave' reviews doesn't mean it's any good LOL (That's how I came to get into DIY after trying too much 'amazing' juice that I found awful:gaah:

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never used their flavors, but from what I've read many need a lot of steeping. In addition, just because it has 'rave' reviews doesn't mean it's any good LOL (That's how I came to get into DIY after trying too much 'amazing' juice that I found awful:gaah:
Alright ill let it sit, I agree I thought that was one of the issues. I don't think its how much it is, because The other juice from the same brand doesn't have that and I put more in another batch.

surf472

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would it be ok to add another flavor thats less bitter?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mfg. recommendations are usually way off when going higher than 10% even.
Even 1ml flavoring in 15ml mix is kinda high for most.
Try 5% and steep for a week because some of the MBV stuff, (and others) need some time to settle in.
You may need to dilute your mix by half, at least, and maybe add something else.
Do you have any Vanilla or Cream flavors?
Or Sweetener, or EM?

VU Sponsors