Become a Patron!

black mark on sony vtc4?

KJSvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a sony vtc4 battery for my mod and there is a couple pretty noticable black marks on it, is this normal? I run it at 0.5 ohms at about 25-30 watts. 1442854420928.jpg

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya stumped me on this one, batteries I'm not really all that sure about, and pretty much everything I've learned has been from past posts from some very knowledgeable folks around here.

KJSvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i notice your top cap has been smashed down somewhat,,stop over tightening your battery if it is in a mec mod

the black marks are a result of dis-similar metals making contact,im thinking your mod has copper or brass positive contacts

those marks will polish off,and if you don't like the black some type of electrical grease will slow down the blackening
I have a kangertech subox mini, and im not really worried about the black marks as long as it doesnt effect the battery in any way and may harm me. But as you can see in the picture the part the battery connects to is a goldish color, different from the battery. 1442860522569.jpg

KJSvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
eventually ?? it may push the positive contact down to the point it may touch the body of the battery,,extremely bad !!!
It honestly doesnt looked pushed down in person, must just be the angle of the camera

VU Sponsors