Become a Patron!

Black things on batteries.

So I had been using batteries on the right with able clone for two weeks, and this is how they look. Bought authentic able three days ago and a new HE4 battery, but despite that, I already see those black things on new battery and new pin. Please, guys, help. I know those things increase risk to hurt yourself when using, but I REALLY DON'T KNOW how to stop them appear or at least how to clean them.
P.S Copper one is clone. Saying just in case.

Attachments

• IMG_4484.JPG
    IMG_4484.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4485.JPG
    IMG_4485.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4486.JPG
    IMG_4486.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4487.JPG
    IMG_4487.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4489.JPG
    IMG_4489.JPG
    803.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4490.JPG
    IMG_4490.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4484.JPG
    IMG_4484.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4485.JPG
    IMG_4485.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4486.JPG
    IMG_4486.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4487.JPG
    IMG_4487.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I were you I'd get some new batteries because the positive posts are crushed in from excessive tightening. And those black thing come from arcs created due to the contacts not being flush and is quite normal. It happens on all of my batteries on all mods. Unless you can get the contacts to sit flush it will happen but please stop tightening those batteries so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I second getting some new batteries- you have the mod set up so the positive pin of the RDA is pressing much to hard into the batteries, and also I suspect the switch has bad conductivity as even the bottom is dented on them, making me think you are pressing VERY hard to make it fire.

Also, the LG is in need of a rewrap really, it's best not to just patch with electrical tape for safety reasons, especially in a mechanical mod.

The poor connection is a likely reason you are having to make everything so tight, and press fire so hard, which is also resulting in the Arcing. Give the mod a good clean, paying attention to the contact on the fire button and the threads, and get the mod working without having to push so hard you crush or dent your batteries.

Stay safe, and all the best, Conan.

I second getting some new batteries- you have the mod set up so the positive pin of the RDA is pressing much to hard into the batteries, and also I suspect the switch has bad conductivity as even the bottom is dented on them, making me think you are pressing VERY hard to make it fire.

Also, the LG is in need of a rewrap really, it's best not to just patch with electrical tape for safety reasons, especially in a mechanical mod.

The poor connection is a likely reason you are having to make everything so tight, and press fire so hard, which is also resulting in the Arcing. Give the mod a good clean, paying attention to the contact on the fire button and the threads, and get the mod working without having to push so hard you crush or dent your batteries.

Stay safe, and all the best, Conan.
Thank you guys for your reply. As I understood, you can't get rid of this things, right? Now I use only the HE4 (the new one) and I put it positive down, because a guy at a local vapeshop tells everyone batteries explode from the positive contact, so I have holes on the button...

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you guys for your reply. As I understood, you can't get rid of this things, right? Now I use only the HE4 (the new one) and I put it positive down, because a guy at a local vapeshop tells everyone batteries explode from the positive contact, so I have holes on the button...

Am I drunk or did you just type that you put the battery positive down? And why would you do that? Who advised you to do so? I hope you know what you are doing. From what I gather the protruding pin on an atty is the positive post. In this case you've switched it but I don't see any reason it should be safe. Wouldn't you be creating one hell of a hard short if you had even the slightest tear on the Wrap ?? Anyway, stay safe. I wouldn't do that if I were you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They are safer upside down, if the bottom of the tube is vented. The atty doesn't care which way the power flows through it.

But get some new batts and clean all your contacts. The black marks are from arcing. Bad. Bad. Bad.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be wrong but since they are dented both at the top and bottom, it seems they are being squeezed too tight within the tube, maybe loosen the atty 510 if it's a hybrid, or adjust the mech 510 or button assembly to allow a bit more space in the tube.

VU Sponsors