Become a Patron!

Blaq Origins clone

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My take on Blaq Origins, one of my favorite commercial juices. Like a strawberry shortcake with a graham cracker crust & sweet cream on top. Getting harder to find these days, but that's ok if I have this mix.

I don't like to use the word "clone" often, but this one is really, really close! This is V3. I made my first attempt back in July of 2017 with terrible results (almost gave up), V2 (in 2018), was much better but was still lacking. This is THE one.

This one will be one of my favorite recipes for a long time.

2.5% TFA Bavarian Cream
2.25% CAP Graham Cracker
2.5% FA Juicy Strawberry
.5% CAP Super Sweet
2% CAP Sweet Cream
6% CAP Sweet Strawberry
4% CAP Vanilla Custard

BLAQ_Origins_by_BLAQ__06704.1498074089.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And another goes on the list! You’re killing it, Howard! :blowkiss:

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
get me all excited for a strawberry recipe and then you gotta go and use FA lol
Yea, I know their older strawberry (Red Touch) is not always well received (and deservedly so), I have to say that I really like the Juicy Strawberry, especially when teamed up with CAP's.:D

And another goes on the list! You’re killing it, Howard! :blowkiss:
Without trying to sound cocky, I am proud of how this one turned out. Only took 2 1/2 years! :giggle:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea, I know their older strawberry (Red Touch) is not always well received (and deservedly so), I have to say that I really like the Juicy Strawberry, especially when teamed up with CAP's.:D

Without trying to sound cocky, I am proud of how this one turned out. Only took 2 1/2 years! :giggle:
Hahaha! You definitely don’t sound cocky. And I understand working on something for so long and it finally getting it to where you want it. So satisfying.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

2.5 YEARS steep time
GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

best i get going on this one right away lol lol lol

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My take on Blaq Origins, one of my favorite commercial juices. Like a strawberry shortcake with a graham cracker crust & sweet cream on top. Getting harder to find these day, but that's ok if I have this mix.

I don't like to use the word "clone" often, but this one is really, really close! This is V3. I made my first attempt back in July of 2017 with terrible results (almost gave up), V2 (in 2018), was much better but was still lacking. This is THE one.

This one will be one of my favorite recipes for a long time.

2.5% TFA Bavarian Cream
2.25% CAP Graham Cracker
2.5% FA Juicy Strawberry
.5% CAP Super Sweet
2% CAP Sweet Cream
6% CAP Sweet Strawberry
4% CAP Vanilla Custard

View attachment 149253
Sounds great, @Howard Hughes. I need to order the FA Juicy Strawberry unless you think one of these might work:
upload_2019-11-6_11-2-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-6_11-0-55.png
    upload_2019-11-6_11-0-55.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 6

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds great, @Howard Hughes. I need to order the FA Juicy Strawberry unless you think one of these might work:
View attachment 149260
I have the Shisha but it's a little candy-like to me where the Juicy Strawberry is a more realistic, ripe, off-the-vine flavor. It equals out against some of the sweetness the CAP Sweet Strawberry brings to the recipe. Now you could also go with the Ripe at 3% (that combo/ratio is popular in a lot of recipes- including some of my own), but I think if I HAD to sub one of the ones you've listed for the FA Juicy Strawberry, then it would be Shisha at 2.5%. I just can't guarantee it will be as good as with this here with the FA. If you do it, let us know how it turned out, but I'd advise you to get yourself some that FA Juicy Strawberry.

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just to show how people's tastes vary, I much prefer the FA red touch strawberry/TFA ripe strawberry combination over the FA juicy/CAP sweet sb. I bought some juicy sb a couple of years ago and didn't care for it. At the time, I couldn't stand the CAP and wasn't wild about the juicy sb as it tasted just like the CAP to me. Now, I use the CAP in small amounts but it's still not my favorite.

I'd love to make this recipe and I'll be using CAP sweet sb with maybe 0.25% of the INW shisha sb as a booster and FW graham cracker since that's what I have on hand. I'll order another 10ml of the juicy next time and see how it suits me now as my taste is changing.

One question Howard, are you using this juice in a tank or dripper? I need a new juice for my Zeus X rta I just got and I'm wondering whether to mix it max vg or 80/20.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Shisha but it's a little candy-like to me where the Juicy Strawberry is a more realistic, ripe, off-the-vine flavor. It equals out against some of the sweetness the CAP Sweet Strawberry brings to the recipe. Now you could also go with the Ripe at 3% (that combo/ratio is popular in a lot of recipes- including some of my own), but I think if I HAD to sub one of the ones you've listed for the FA Juicy Strawberry, then it would be Shisha at 2.5%. I just can't guarantee it will be as good as with this here with the FA. If you do it, let us know how it turned out, but I'd advise you to get yourself some that FA Juicy Strawberry.
Thanks. Your suggestion carries weight for me, ordering some Juicy.

BTW, how long are you steeping this?

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. Your suggestion carries weight for me, ordering some Juicy.

BTW, how long are you steeping this?
It is actually pretty good after 4 days, but is totally done changing at 3 weeks. I was very surprised because looking at the ingredients I would think a month before it would be ready to vape at all. That's why in the early stages of each recipe, even if I think I know how long it will take, I sample a half tank once a week for 6-8 weeks straight- for ones like this.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to show how people's tastes vary, I much prefer the FA red touch strawberry/TFA ripe strawberry combination over the FA juicy/CAP sweet sb. I bought some juicy sb a couple of years ago and didn't care for it. At the time, I couldn't stand the CAP and wasn't wild about the juicy sb as it tasted just like the CAP to me. Now, I use the CAP in small amounts but it's still not my favorite.

I'd love to make this recipe and I'll be using CAP sweet sb with maybe 0.25% of the INW shisha sb as a booster and FW graham cracker since that's what I have on hand. I'll order another 10ml of the juicy next time and see how it suits me now as my taste is changing.

One question Howard, are you using this juice in a tank or dripper? I need a new juice for my Zeus X rta I just got and I'm wondering whether to mix it max vg or 80/20.
Isn't it something how subjective taste can be? It never ceases to amaze me! You do what works for you, but since you are ordering the FA JS in the future, break it in on this recipe & compare to how it worked out with your INW. I believe you'll be fine with the FW Graham Cracker, but if it was me, I'd bump that to 4-4.5%, as it is much weaker than the CAP version.

To answer your question, I'm using this in an original Crown tank & I always mix max-VG, so hopefully that info helps you in terms of possibly adjusting your percentages. :D

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I just can't taste the FA's. It does sound good. Maybe a refreshing break from unicorn milk which is hit or miss for me. It's weird.

Anyway I'll just sub out the FA. :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors