Blogs Are Live! Have Your Say!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by TygerTyger, Oct 4, 2016.

1. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Vape Deals Diva Staff Member VU Owner VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership ECF Refugee VU Live Host Show Host Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Blog.png

Blogs are live!

Feel free to share your vaping-related thoughts in your own personal corner of the Vaping Underground Forum. Record your own vaping journey over time, share your ejuice recipes, host your own review corner, speak out for advocacy... whatever your vape-related message, you now have a platform to 'speak freely'!

Blogs are viewable by all, but you must be a Bronze level Forum participant to write or comment.

You can access the blog area from the top of the forum or go here:
    http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/

2. OneBadWolf

OneBadWolf VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Fantastic!! I can't seem to get it working though..

3. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Details?

4. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy We are responsible for our own actions. VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    LMAO!!!

5. CrazyChef

CrazyChef Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Bloggy no worky

6. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    No one is telling me what's not working. So will you? Please? LOL

7. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
  8. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    OK, mine has had several comments, so let's try this....

Click on Blog at the top of the forum.
    upload_2016-10-4_23-39-25.png

Then, to the right you'll see Create Blog Post.
    upload_2016-10-4_23-39-47.png

Click on it, then type, away. Post your pics, your vids, what have you... just keep it in check with the rules of the forum.

Happy blogging!

9. Paratech

Paratech I forgot VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I should have came here and read your instructions first.
    Since I didn't read your instructions it seemed to work for me.
    That being said, the process I followed to make it work just coincidentally matches identically to the instructions you posted.
    haha

Huckleberried likes this.
  10. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Whew! LOL thank you. Glad it worked out for you. I don't know what's going on for the others that aren't having luck, but I'm sure we'll run into a few glitches here and there. Brand spankin' new!

11. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:
    The create blog box does not come up for me. tried hovering, clicking, nothing.

12. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    It's new, it's certain to have at least a few glitches along the way.
    Wasn't able to upload a pic but once that is worked out I'll add it later.
    Oh by the way....
    I can't upload pics.
    When I clicked on the photo or media buttons they only provide the option for a URL, nothing local to my machine.
    If the intent is for us to store pics externally on other sources and only link to them, then forget it, that is the way it is set.
    However if the intended setup is for it to be the exact same way as the rest of the forum, I found another glitch.
    haha

13. CrazyChef

CrazyChef Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Same here. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

OneBadWolf likes this.
  14. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    I am ONLY testing from a computer.
    Used IE11
    Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143
    Stupid ass Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0
    All three provided the button for me.
    Not tried form Android or Mac

15. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    Maybe you're status is TOO HIGH.
    Could have a bit flipped and it's set as Bronze and lower....
    lol

16. CrazyChef

Blog Posts:
    I'm in Opera for Windows. I'll try Chrome.
    Here's the Opera screenshot:

[​IMG]

17. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    What about the Upload a File button?

upload_2016-10-5_0-28-20.png

18. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    OK, this might be helpful. I'm making notes elsewhere and will post that info.

19. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]
    OMG that one is horrible!!

20. CrazyChef

Blog Posts:
    It's the same in Chrome.

21. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    I don't have the button and any of the three browsers.
    Incase it ends up making a difference, I'm on Windows 10.

You're absolutely correct.
    Precisely why I don't use it.
    Felt obligated to test for others though.
    The down side is Microsoft is doing away with IE coming pretty soon.
    All is MS users will be forced to dig out our old favorite browsers from the past.

22. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    To the right of post reply in threads? You don't have Upload a File?? Oh wow!! OK, what about the "More Options" button? There's a Rich Text Editor in your preferences settings that might need to be checked, if it's not already. Let me go find the exact location of that one. BRB

TygerTyger likes this.
  23. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    @Paratech, hover over your name at the top of the forum, then click on Preferences.

upload_2016-10-5_0-39-27.png

TygerTyger likes this.
  24. OneBadWolf

Blog Posts:
    Firefox here, on Linux OS.

25. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    OK, I've made notes and posted them up for everything that was mentioned here regarding blogs. If anything else should come up, I'll add those notes, as well. Though I may not be able to answer your questions or have an immediate fix for you, I'll certainly try.

Thank you everyone for your patience. We'll get it worked out in one way, shape or form.

Whiskey, TygerTyger and OneBadWolf like this.
  26. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    I see the comments section defaults to placing the most recent comment at the top.
    I like it.

It was already checked.

Also don't have that.

27. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    That is all beyond weird. I wonder if others have that? So you've never had these buttons?

I MANY times just use a screenshot tool that you can size to anything. Super handy, especially in these instances.

28. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    I'd probably add that when I see a notification across the top of the screen and click on it;
    I'd anticipate it to take me directly to the post that caused the notification.
    However it takes me to the BLOG homepage where all of them are so there is no way to know what this new post is.
    http://vapingunderground.com/threads/blogs-are-live-have-your-say.279125/
    Since it is so new there aren't that many and it was easy to look at post counts per blog and notice one that had more than before.
    But once we are all using it and there are hundreds - thousands...... there will be no way to know what post you weren't going to get to read.
    Except for the right side of the screen (Most Recent Blog Comments) provides a snippet of the post.

29. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    In all the rest of the forum I have the ability to attach, just not in the blog section.

30. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, every time I go to anywhere, I'm seeing a blog notification. Even for a comment on someone's blog. Oy.

31. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Ohhhhhhhhhh ok. OK, lemme go look at my own, then.

32. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    Now that I know that. I'm going to set up a bot to post a new comment in the blogs every 37 seconds just so you'll go hunting for it.
    Joking.
    It was funny when I first thought it but by time I finished typing it I remembered all the hours I used to put in running a few web servers, email hosts, forums, and other things that I don't do anymore.
    haha

33. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    I like you. Don't make me kick your ass. o_O

OK...... so not even screenshots will post in the blogs section. Looking like at this time, a hosting site is the only way to go. I'll see if I can get more info on that, but I'm sure it won't be tonight, LOL.

@anavidfan this will answer the question you had for photos. (for the time being)

34. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    judging by your green faced av I'll stay hidden right over here.

35. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Happy Halloween! :D

Too soon?

Paratech likes this.
  36. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    Considering you just change my "like" count from 666 to 667, your timing is perfect.
    Even if it's an entirely different subject.
    haha

37. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Hahahahaha!!! SO glad I was able to actually help with something here.

38. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy We are responsible for our own actions. VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    There is no ability to upload files at all. Let alone videos. Teak, tweak!
    @Huckleberried Oh, I can't say anything. Just looking at your Avitar has me speechless. :blowkiss:

39. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Videos are posted the same way they are in threads. The option is there.

upload_2016-10-5_1-53-40.png

VaporJoe likes this.
  40. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Post 33 is where we talked about pics. Hosting site will need to be used at this time. I don't know if that will change, yet.

41. Spyg0at

Spyg0at Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    There is no "create new blog post" option that I can find. I am using MS Edge on a brand new Lenovo laptop.

42. Lefty

Lefty Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I'd like to be able to turn off the notifications for blog posts. I've tried my settings page and even tried unchecking everything related to blogs. At this point I can mark them read and get it to go away, until the next post, then all the posts are included in the number on the notification icon as if all were new. Hopefully this a glitch.

43. Lefty

Lefty Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Edit: since I can't edit the original. The "mark read" does seem to be taking this morning where it didn't last night. So while I do get a notification every time there is a post to blogs the number is at least accurate.

44. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    I did put this in my notes last night. Numbers increase with comments, too, not only the blog.

45. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    This was put in my notes that others were having the same issue. No new yet.

46. PreparationHero

PreparationHero I drink and I know things VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    This is a 100% first world white people problem, but its not working for me in firefox on Ubuntu. Switched to winderps and I'm having the same problem as the others with edge, chrome and the others.

47. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    There is no Create Blog Post Button showing.

48. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    You're added. :wave::hug:

Vapin4Joy likes this.
  49. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    OK, for those of you inquiring about not being able to UPLOAD pics, this was posted by one of my bosses in the comments of my test blog. (@Paratech, @anavidfan @Trixy )

"LucidiousRage Today at 11:35 AM
    I disabled the ability to post attachments because allowing it runs the risk of someone posting something with a virus. Unfortunately the blog doesn't seem to allow restrictions on what kinds of files can be attached, so it's an all or nothing deal. Can't allow all because of possible virus files, so has to be nothing. Sorry."

Ms. Trixy and Paratech like this.
  50. The Cromwell

The Cromwell VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    The reply is hosed.
    Type in text and hit the reply button and it does reply at the top of the replies but the text does not go away in the reply box.