Blogs Are Live! Have Your Say!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by TygerTyger, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Spyg0at

Spyg0at Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    bloggy no worky.

2. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Well, first off, I'd like to say THANK YOU, ADMIN!!!! You RULE!!!

Next up... I'm using Firefox in win 8.1, and everything seems to work except drag-n-drop pics, and I read the reason for that, so no problems. I'm using Tumblr for pics, and it works perfectly.

Lastly... I made a blog post last night, but when I got here today, it wasn't there. I'm assuming that's because it was still being tested at that time, and it just went away when the thing actually went "live," but I thought I'd mention it just in case my assumption is incorrect. I made a post earlier today, and I think it's still there.

And once again... thank you so much for adding this feature, Admin, all y'all behind the Admin screens. :blowkiss:

And no, I am NOT "sucking up," I am expressing my profound gratitude that the feature is finally available.

Andria

3. Paratech

Paratech I forgot VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I caught it but thanks for looking out.
    The limitation of all or nothing is a bummer but safety and security of this entirety is much more important than the ability to post pics.
    I definitely feel the right choice was made.

Ms. Trixy and Whiskey like this.
  4. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Eclipse is coming! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    It's added :)

5. Spyg0at

Spyg0at Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    and it still doesn't work for me.

6. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Our Admin and techs are still working on the different options and tools our blogs have, and will be until it is working smoothly, please allow for this and have patience with us, We want to provide you, our members, with yet another fun area to post about all things vape related, but it does take time to make sure everything is working properly. :)

7. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    One thing I can't figger out is how to comment? I see comments from others, but I don't see a link for how to make a comment. I tried it in Chrome too, thinking maybe it was a FF problem, but I still don't see it.

Andria

8. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Still not seeing a link to make a comment or reply to a blog or comment. Also.. why are there 3 backslashes before the apostrophe in "Andria's Best Recipes?" I understand why one might be needed... but THREE???

Andria

9. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    You folks that have commented on blog posts... could you do a screen capture and show me where you see the link to comment? I don't know if it's really not there, or I'm just not looking in the right place. :headbang:

Andria

10. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Thx for sending me that screen shot,l Paratech; much appreciated. So now I know: I'm simply not getting the text-entry comment box AT ALL, on any blog screen. The only thing I can do is "create blog post" or lile, or vote; there's no way to leave a comment, since there's no text-entry comment box. This applies whether I'm in my usual FF, or Chrome, or Chrome on my phone which runs android 5.1.1.. It's not because of ABP; I turned it off for that page, to see if it had any effect, and it does not. I simply don't get a comment box at all.

Andria

11. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Well... it's 3 days later, and I still have zero ability to comment; no text-entry box appears on blog pages AT ALL, except for "Create a blog post." No comment box period.

Andria

12. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I see the comment box at the bottom of each blog using Win10 and Chrome.

13. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I can't see it in either FF or chrome using win8.1, OR, on my Android phone.

Andria

14. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    3 more days later... still no text-entry box for comments on blogs. :( With FF or Chrome in Win 8.1, or on my Android phone.

Andria

15. Skullzz

Skullzz Blonde disaster VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    it does not say "Create new blog post" on my end...I am on my laptop, not phone. How do I create a blog?

16. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    This is what I see:

[​IMG]

But still can't see a text-entry field at the bottom of blog pages, for the purpose of commenting. :(

Andria

17. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Eclipse is coming! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    This thread is the reference point that our Blog Master will follow for any tweaks he needs to make. The when and where, I do not know.

Whiskey likes this.
  18. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Well, people are still posting comments to my blog post... and I am STILL unable to comment on anybody's blog post, since there is no text-entry comment box anywhere on blog pages, using Win 8.1, either FF or Chrome, or with my Android phone using Chrome.

Andria

19. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I also just checked 2 other browsers, using my phone; the built-in browser in Android, and also the AdBlock browser; still no comment entry box, in any browser.

At this point, I'm starting to think it's not the software causing the problem, but some flag on my account either checked or not checked.

Andria

20. smacksy

smacksy Platinum Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Won't open in chrome or Tapatalk for me....I dunno what's up with that...oh well

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

21. Skullzz

Skullzz Blonde disaster VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    smacksy likes this.
  22. Skullzz

Blog Posts:
    it doesn't even give me the option to create blog post...

http://prntscr.com/cxk6l3

smacksy likes this.
  23. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    Just spend 35 minutes writing up an addition in my blog just for it to NOT save any of it and display "ERROR"
    Oh what fun.
    I knew I should have wrote it in Word and copied it over.

24. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    I was able to update my blog, I did type it in word then paste to ensure I didn't lose any work.
    I'll continue to do it this way.
    I did however notice something.
    After you post in the blogs, it does NOT display in your recent activity or postings.
    Don't know if that is by design or not but I'd prefer to see it there is it is as simple as putting a checkmark in a box or minor code change.
    Just a simple request.

25. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    Where is my blog?
    It was there this morning, now it is gone.

26. Paratech

Blog Posts:
  27. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I saw something weird earlier too -- all the many comments to firebird's blog have vanished.

I still have no text-entry box for posting comments on anyone's blog. I was all excited about blogs being added here, but given how seriously they lack, being unable to comment on anyone's blog, I find my pleasure in the blog function to be quite gone.

Andria

28. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    If I only had 15 minutes invested in it, I wouldn't care.
    However I had hours invested.
    Luckily, a portion of it I have backed up as documents because after spending 35 minutes doing an update to it once, when I hit post, it disappeared.
    THAT sucked but caused me to start writing it in Word and copying it over.
    Hopefully it can be recovered since I don't have ALL of it in Word, only the last 2 or 3.

gopher_byrd likes this.
  29. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    WTF over, this is looking like ECF with the heavy handed mods. @Paratech yours was regularly updated, they shouldn't have a problem with that and I enjoyed them. @f1r3b1rd your blogs were great info for newbs that would disappear once it left page 1 if put into the newb forum if not stickied. Come on guys this ain't ECF!

30. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Well, I just took the EXTREMELY DRASTIC step of opening VU in Internet Explorer (shudder).... and I still do not have a text-entry box for comments under any blog posts. *sigh* At this point, I can only conclude that the VU admin simply don't want me to comment on any blog posts. :confused::sad:

Andria

31. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
    Simmer folks, first...We are NOT ECF, and 2nd...The blogs still have bugs we are trying to work out, we have one admin that does all the work on them and he gets to the work as he is available to, 3rd we are also still trying to figure out why some can't start a blog, where some of the existing blogs went and a ton of other things blog related, we started them telling you all that it was a work in progress, no one is doing this on purpose, and we are doing our best to get it right, please have a little more patience with us , as I said, one admin is in charge of the tech part of things with the software. PEACE:shades:

UncleRJ, Paratech, AndriaD and 2 others like this.
  32. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Thx! We hadn't heard anything in a long time, it seemed like it was just forgotten.

Andria

Whiskey likes this.
  33. Whiskey

Blog Posts:
    NEVER

UncleRJ and AndriaD like this.
  34. Paratech

Blog Posts:
    I'm used to being a beta tester so even though I am a bit bothered by it, I do indeed understand that 1, shit happens (usually due to gremlins) 2, when something first comes out, there is bound to be at least one issue.
    Normally more but at least one.
    If this turns out to be the absolute worse thing that were to ever happen to me or any of us, we'll all survive to purchase more vape gear.
    {insert one of those odd looking smiley faces}
    NO! not that one, the other one.
    Yeah, there ya go, I like that a lot better.

AndriaD likes this.
  35. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    In my opinion the biggest issue is communication; and, the way things are communicated.

CrazyChef and AndriaD like this.
  36. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Vape Deals Diva Staff Member VU Owner VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership ECF Refugee VU Live Host Show Host Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Good news! Our Tech Wizard Department has identified and corrected a problem affecting Gold Level Contributors starting blog posts....... we expect this to solve most of the problems folks have been having who were unable to post...... so go blog about something! ;)

@VaporJoe @SMOKIE @LucidiousRage @Whiskey @Huckleberried

37. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    It may take us awhile folks but we DO eventually get there!:vino:

f1r3b1rd and CrazyChef like this.
  38. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Hey, great news! I've even got a text-entry box for comments! Woohoo!

Andria

Paratech and Whiskey like this.
  39. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    So, I started a blog the other day - and now I can't figure out how to update it

Do you edit the original post?

40. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Yes. :) And I usually insert a notation of some sort, for aspects I've updated.

Andria

41. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Great - I just assumed I was a techno-idiot and didn't know what I was doing :giggle:

AndriaD likes this.
  42. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I felt like that when they first got the blogs going, and were still stomping bugs -- I didn't have a comments/txt box for so long, in ANY browser or device, I was sure I was doing SOMETHING wrong. :giggle: But they finally got it ironed out. :)

Andria