Become a Patron!

Bloody sled

Toniee3

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So here's the story, I just woke up and looked at my setup which was Variant with the troll. And I was thinking about charging up the batteries in it because I have a sled component so instead of having to use a LiPo I can use 2 18650 batteries. So I grab the mod, slide the back door off and when I go to pull off the batteries I see a small ark of fire and there's sizzling and a small pop so I quickly disconnect the sled wire and pull the entire sled out of the mod. I'm wondering wtf happened and I'm just lost. Sooo I try pulling the battery out again and once more it does it. So I grab the sled and shake the batteries out. One comes of and the other stays hitched. I notice the batteries slightly elevated so in my mind I'm thing this thing warped and it's stuck forever but I look and nope, looks fine but not the tearing. So yeah I eventually push the battery down take the battery off and yeah. Now I have 2 Samsung 25Rs with tore too sorta and yeah decided to post this almost instantly. Batteries don't seem to be venting or warming up and when I put them on the charger it began to charge so I think they're fine besides the tearing in the insulation near the positive side. Aaaand the sled contact points on both slightly melted. The sled is made by Keystone Electronics so y'all be careful with those!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for sharing!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So here's the story, I just woke up and looked at my setup which was Variant with the troll. And I was thinking about charging up the batteries in it because I have a sled component so instead of having to use a LiPo I can use 2 18650 batteries. So I grab the mod, slide the back door off and when I go to pull off the batteries I see a small ark of fire and there's sizzling and a small pop so I quickly disconnect the sled wire and pull the entire sled out of the mod. I'm wondering wtf happened and I'm just lost. Sooo I try pulling the battery out again and once more it does it. So I grab the sled and shake the batteries out. One comes of and the other stays hitched. I notice the batteries slightly elevated so in my mind I'm thing this thing warped and it's stuck forever but I look and nope, looks fine but not the tearing. So yeah I eventually push the battery down take the battery off and yeah. Now I have 2 Samsung 25Rs with tore too sorta and yeah decided to post this almost instantly. Batteries don't seem to be venting or warming up and when I put them on the charger it began to charge so I think they're fine besides the tearing in the insulation near the positive side. Aaaand the sled contact points on both slightly melted. The sled is made by Keystone Electronics so y'all be careful with those!
Keystone sleds are the battery destroyers if the terminals are not properly bent..... That's why people started using custom 3D custom sleds, they just got tired of re-wrapping batteries.........

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors