Become a Patron!

BLOWOUT PRICING! - China 18650 7-30W Box Mods - Just $43.90!!

L

Lighty269

I just ordered 40 magnets for 15. These are 1/8 X 3/16, they will fit almost perfect in the box. When I get them and install them I will post. I will be giving away free 5 sets to the first people who let me know by PM here, only in US. Each set will be 4 magnets to hold the cover on tight. I ordered from K&J Magnets.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered 40 magnets for 15. These are 1/8 X 3/16, they will fit almost perfect in the box. When I get them and install them I will post. I will be giving away free 5 sets to the first people who let me know by PM here, only in US. Each set will be 4 magnets to hold the cover on tight. I ordered from K&J Magnets.

That is really generous of you, pm incoming :)

L

Lighty269

You have a pic of how you used your Magnets? I bought a couple but haven't had luck with them yet.

I plain on using a drill press and high speed bit. Drilling the box with cover using a 1/8th bit, then drill 3/8th of an inch deep. That is where I will start, should almost be perfect. Install 2 magnets attracting each other in holes. If needed I will use some epoxy when done. This will have a pull strength of 3 pounds, the cover only weighs .6 of an ounce or 20 grams.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lighty269

Looks like they shipped the magnets yesterday and I will have them on Friday. I still have 3 sets of 4 Magnets each left, please PM me if you want.

L

Lighty269

Just got back from doing the Honey DOOOOOO! list.

I went to mail those magnets in regular envelopes and they stuck to the mailbox at the post office, I will send again on Monday, need to add some type of wrap so they don't stick.

Now onto adding these magnets.

L

Lighty269

The magnet upgrade turned out far better then I thought. They seem to be stronger than 3 pounds.

L

Lighty269

Look no screws

P4sJ2Cv.jpg

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks good, but don't have anything to enlarge the holes. I'll probably go for the flat washer type mags, if I ever get around to it.

L

Lighty269

Just a tip!

If by accident you get some extra epoxy on it, all you need to do is use some nail polish remover.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can you show the inside so can see how you put the magnets in.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry! I disagree, I just installed them. Looks better than the pictures.
Yours looks neater and cleaner. Mine was quick and dirty but still works.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK now I see, your using the existing screw holes for the magnets :)

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks great Lighty269 guess i need to order some magnets like those. The ones i got are thinner and havent been able to get then to work. Thanks for the pics

bsoplinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I decided to try the N52 1/8 x 1/8 instead. But I also got 4 of the 3/16 long just in case ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

L

Lighty269

I decided to try the N52 1/8 x 1/8 instead. But I also got 4 of the 3/16 long just in case ;)

Where did you see those, they would be a little stronger.

bsoplinger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got them from the same site recommended for the 3/16 length ones. According to their site the shorter N52 are stronger than the longer N42 ones. And at like 40¢ a piece figured I'd get both types since the $5 shipping was more than the cost of all 8 magnets ;) Once they're here and I work with them, I'll report back here.

L

Lighty269

Got them from the same site recommended for the 3/16 length ones. According to their site the shorter N52 are stronger than the longer N42 ones. And at like 40¢ a piece figured I'd get both types since the $5 shipping was more than the cost of all 8 magnets ;) Once they're here and I work with them, I'll report back here.

Cool!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where did you purchase different colors at this price? I would like to get some Xmas gifts...

From focal too, actually work out cheaper than the group buy for the red and blue hanaa's, as can use coupon code 'FCVAPINGCHEAP' for 10% off and don't have to pay for tracking, I paid $43.99 shipped :D

Link to the hanaa's - http://focalecig.com/search/keyword-hanaa

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I just wanted to thank you for the magnets and I am looking forward to installing them!

L

Lighty269

I just wanted to thank you for the magnets and I am looking forward to installing them!

Glad you received them! I did post a thread in "How To" that should help. I also ordered some more of the Modz, this time I will do better pictures.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Received mine from the group buy and so far it is working like a champ. Seems well made and puts out the smoke like a steam engine. Actually the build quality is fantastic. By far the best price I have seen for a DNA 30 box mod. I liked it so much I actually just ordered another at the group buy price. Focal did a nice job on the quality control on these and I don't see another clone being made any better than the one they are offering. Also I have been charging the battery from the USB and it is working flawless as well. I just hope I can say the same about this item in six months.

Focalecig

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi JordanCrawford,

It takes 7-17 business days from China to your place once package left our warehouse by China Post.
Please let me know if i can be further assistance.

Focalecig

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Received mine from the group buy and so far it is working like a champ. Seems well made and puts out the smoke like a steam engine. Actually the build quality is fantastic. By far the best price I have seen for a DNA 30 box mod. I liked it so much I actually just ordered another at the group buy price. Focal did a nice job on the quality control on these and I don't see another clone being made any better than the one they are offering. Also I have been charging the battery from the USB and it is working flawless as well. I just hope I can say the same about this item in six months.
Thank you Wizzard, glad you like it and we hope to give our best support on your vaping!

VU Sponsors