Become a Patron!

Blue moon ice cream

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those of you who got your free real flavours samples that included blue moon ice cream, here’s a recipe I put together. I’ve never had blue moon ice cream so I don’t know how to describe it except to say it’s sweet, blue, a bit citrusy and creamy.

RF blue moon ice cream - 5%
FA fresh cream - 1%
Hangsen ice cream - 0.5%
TPA vanilla bean ice cream - 3%
Cap vanilla custard v1 - 1.5%
TPA Vienna cream - 2%

Enjoy

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For those of you who got your free real flavours samples that included blue moon ice cream, here’s a recipe I put together. I’ve never had blue moon ice cream so I don’t know how to describe it except to say it’s sweet, blue, a bit citrusy and creamy.

FA fresh cream - 1%
Hangsen ice cream - 0.5%
TPA Vienna cream - 2%

Enjoy
Thanks! I just got it and haven’t worked with it yet. A starting point!

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I just got it and haven’t worked with it yet. A starting point!
I didn’t try it stand alone first. I altered a recipe I found on elr to my tastes. I think this keeps the flavour of the RF flavour and adds cream, and thickness like ice cream. I’m vaping it now for the first time and like it quite a bit. Would love to know what you think and will try what you put together too.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I didn’t try it stand alone first. I altered a recipe I found on elr to my tastes. I think this keeps the flavour of the RF flavour and adds cream, and thickness like ice cream. I’m vaping it now for the first time and like it quite a bit. Would love to know what you think and will try what you put together too.
Awesome! I will def mix this up. I’ll let you know when I try it!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys... just joined up to Underground and just started my DIY experience 2 days ago. A sample starter flavor pack would be awesome to play around with... where does one go for this?
The blue moon ice cream was from a sale a few weeks ago by Real Flavors, no longer available.* If you would like to put together your own "starter pack," I highly recommend going to www.wizardlabs.us and loading up on some of their 8ml bottles of flavoring. They have various vendors - FlavourArt, The Flavor Apprentice, Capella, Inawera, and quite a few others to choose from. Prices start as low as $1.49 per 8ml bottle and go on up. It's the ideal way to choose flavors that best fit your needs and profile without getting stuck with all that may come in a traditional pre-set starter pack from other places. This way you can customize your own starter pack. ;)
And welcome to VU! :wave:

*Please allow me to clarify that the sale which offered Blue Moon Ice Cream is no longer available. Real Flavors and their Blue Moon Ice Cream are amply available and ready on their website.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey guys... just joined up to Underground and just started my DIY experience 2 days ago. A sample starter flavor pack would be awesome to play around with... where does one go for this?
Like @Teresa P said, starter packs usually are not the best way to go. You'll get a lot of stuff you'll never use. I recommend you choose several recipes that sound good to you and just buy the flavoring you need to make those recipes. That way you will have something vapable plus you can use those flavors in other recipes or your own concoctions.

Some other places you can check out are:
www.ecigexpress.com They have flavors, PG, VG, and nic. Use code UNDERGROUND10 to get 10% off your order.

www.bullcityflavors.com They have flavors, PG, and VG. They don't sell nic due to NC taxes being absolutely ridiculous. Check out their Community Recipe Packs. One click and you get all the flavors you need to make that recipe at a discount. Also, they have a code VU6 to get 6% off your order.

www.nicotineriver.com They have everything you need. I don't know of a permanent discount code for them.

Welcome to VU!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like @Teresa P said, starter packs usually are not the best way to go. You'll get a lot of stuff you'll never use. I recommend you choose several recipes that sound good to you and just buy the flavoring you need to make those recipes. That way you will have something vapable plus you can use those flavors in other recipes or your own concoctions.

Some other places you can check out are:
www.ecigexpress.com They have flavors, PG, VG, and nic. Use code UNDERGROUND10 to get 10% off your order.

www.bullcityflavors.com They have flavors, PG, and VG. They don't sell nic due to NC taxes being absolutely ridiculous. Check out their Community Recipe Packs. One click and you get all the flavors you need to make that recipe at a discount. Also, they have a code VU6 to get 6% off your order.

www.nicotineriver.com They have everything you need. I don't know of a permanent discount code for them.

Welcome to VU!
I forgot, we do have a code for WizardLabs now - Wis10 = 10% off Site wide

Midnightar

Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Ya I looked at Wizards... the only problem is I'm a Canuk... so anything I ship up from the states has such a huge shipping cost... I end up spending more on shipping than I do on product LOL. I will take your advice though and get a 5 to 10 recipe list I think i might like and get the flavors for those specifically to start.

The only kick in the pants I found being Canadian getting into DIY up here was the insane mark up on Nic.... everything else is pretty on par with US costs. Use Wizards as an example... a 100mg/ml 120ml bottle of nic is 16$ for you guys... up here... the same would cost me $60+ :sad:

Ill shop around and see where the best place to buy low quantity flavors is up here though.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Ya I looked at Wizards... the only problem is I'm a Canuk... so anything I ship up from the states has such a huge shipping cost... I end up spending more on shipping than I do on product LOL. I will take your advice though and get a 5 to 10 recipe list I think i might like and get the flavors for those specifically to start.

The only kick in the pants I found being Canadian getting into DIY up here was the insane mark up on Nic.... everything else is pretty on par with US costs. Use Wizards as an example... a 100mg/ml 120ml bottle of nic is 16$ for you guys... up here... the same would cost me $60+ :sad:

Ill shop around and see where the best place to buy low quantity flavors is up here though.
Canadian eh.:giggle: Check out this thread for sources up there in the great white north... http://vapingunderground.com/threads/diy-in-canada-where-do-i-go.151290/

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Im canadian and have been diy’ing for a while. I order from either thebrokevaper or diy-ejuice. The latter has better selection but the prices are similar. The broker vaper always has sales so you could wait for the next one

Midnightar

Member For 1 Year
Im canadian and have been diy’ing for a while. I order from either thebrokevaper or diy-ejuice. The latter has better selection but the prices are similar. The broker vaper always has sales so you could wait for the next one
If you dont mind me asking... where do you get your nic from jr779?

Midnightar

Member For 1 Year
Just checked DIYJuices... this is BANG on what I need. 3ml for testing purposes and free shipping. Awesomesauce!

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup... thats the one im on now.
Here’s a few favorites not knowing what you like - caps vanilla custard v1, Fa fresh cream, Fa juicy strawberry, flavour west blueberry, fa Madagascar vanilla, caps New York cheesecake, caps French vanilla, inawera shisha strawberry and shisha vanilla. Look up some highly rated recipes on here from the likes of HIC, wllmc, Deek’s and Squonk, and also on elr - you can put in a flavour and sort by highest rating. Then order flavours accordingly

Midnightar

Member For 1 Year
About to do my first order with DIY... im a bit confused though. When it comes to shipping it says "Free Shipping is Shipped via Canada Post" with options for advanced shipping under it. If I choose nothing... it says i need to choose a shipping method... and there is no free shipping method in the drop down list.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About to do my first order with DIY... im a bit confused though. When it comes to shipping it says "Free Shipping is Shipped via Canada Post" with options for advanced shipping under it. If I choose nothing... it says i need to choose a shipping method... and there is no free shipping method in the drop down list.
Free shipping if you spend over $100 I think

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

FA fresh cream - 1%
Hangsen ice cream - 0.5%
TPA Vienna cream - 2%

Enjoy
Oh man Blue Moon Icecream! A midwest treat! This looks gooood. Will have to give it a shot.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
a 100mg/ml 120ml bottle of nic is 16$ for you guys... up here... the same would cost me $60+ :sad:

Yeah Canada has shitty nicotine importation laws...

I get my flavors from www.diy-ejuice.com, and my base+nic from www.thebrokevaper.com both are great shop and the owners staff are active in Canadian DIY groups...

Anywhoo... Got a sample of this flavor, it was alright I guess, after some research I decided to mix it at 10% as a standalone, I liked it but my Buddy really really liked it.. Now he wants me to mix him up a whole liter of it.. Gonna add 1% EM though I think...

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah Canada has shitty nicotine importation laws...

I get my flavors from www.diy-ejuice.com, and my base+nic from www.thebrokevaper.com both are great shop and the owners staff are active in Canadian DIY groups...

Anywhoo... Got a sample of this flavor, it was alright I guess, after some research I decided to mix it at 10% as a standalone, I liked it but my Buddy really really liked it.. Now he wants me to mix him up a whole liter of it.. Gonna add 1% EM though I think...
I shop at the same two vendors - I wish they’d carry more choice of flavours

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I shop at the same two vendors - I wish they’d carry more choice of flavours
I wish TBV had bigger bottles :/ Often I order enough to make 1L of recipes so I need to order 120'mls of some flavors, usually ends up cheaper to ship it across the country than ordering a bunch of 30'mls...

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish TBV had bigger bottles :/ Often I order enough to make 1L of recipes so I need to order 120'mls of some flavors, usually ends up cheaper to ship it across the country than ordering a bunch of 30'mls...
Have you asked tbv to make a larger bottle for you? He’s pretty good at agreeing to that.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Have you asked tbv to make a larger bottle for you? He’s pretty good at agreeing to that.
sounds like a hassle to me when I can just order from someone else that also has quantity discounts.

VU Sponsors