Become a Patron!

Blue Raspberry Flavor Round-up Results

I am a huge fan of blue raspberry slush puppies and many other blue raspberry flavored ingestibles. I have vaped a few different blue raspberry flavors with expected results and have attempted to create my own BR e-juice. I'm putting this out there in case anyone finds similar results or has ideas. This took me several weeks to complete.

I used 3 different setups which typically yield a great flavor experience:

Aspire Cleito: .4 coil @ 30-50W
Sense Blazer Pro: .3 coil 60-90W
Smok TFV8: Q4 .15 @ 80-90W

The mixes were at VG/PG: 60/40, 70/30, 80/20
Steep time was 2-3 days for each trial
After initially vaping, a small amount of sucralose was added to see if any flavor enhancement could be gained.

The following flavors were tested at 2%, 5%, 7.5%, 10%, 15%(recommended by many for 2 of these flavors):

Liquid Barn Blue Raspberry
OSDIY Blue Raspberry
Capella Blue Raspberry
TFA Blue Raspberry

Results are very common for most of the flavors...this seemed odd actually.

Liquid Barn Blue Raspberry:
Raw taste test-
straight from the bottle is not a good taste(what flavor ever is?), but I could see how it could dilute to a blue raspberry.
Vaped-
2% = No perceptible taste
5% = Barely perceptible taste reminiscent of blue raspberry, but just barely noticable and not a very good flavor.
7.5% = same as 5%, but barely comes through at all.
10% = There is an existence of flavor but not enough to tell what the flavor is.
15% = Fully muted. No perceptible taste.

OSDIY Blue Raspberry:
The results were identical to Liquid Barn. In fact the raw flavors are very similar.

Capella Blue Raspberry:
Capella's BR is not very close to any blue raspberry flavorings I've tasted. It is a little stronger than the first 2 flavors but still weaker than what might be considered average. It came through best when I mixed half of the 2% solution and half of the 5% solution. It is not a bad flavor, just not very close to the classic blue raspberry.

TFA Blue Raspberry:
First I have to say I am a regular TFA user and most of their flavors are pretty decent to very good. This is not the case here though. Not sure what happened at TFA. This is not a good flavor. Sorry TFA, definitely a miss here. I disqualified it after the first few tests as it does not taste like a blue raspberry and is somewhat unpleasant.

Summary:
So here's the thing. I abstained from all things blue raspberry during the testing and my regular vape was a completely different flavor to prevent any kind of olfactory fatigue. The first 3 flavors were recommended several times in forums and all got great reviews on most of the sites that sold them. Is this propaganda? Maybe. What I think might be happening though is that these flavors are indeed very weak, but also are unusually temperature sensitive. When vaping them at this higher end of the spectrum they tend to nearly disappear. I have vaped several premixed blue raspberry flavors at these wattages without a problem...not sure what the deal is yet.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Nice tests dude, yeah most blue raspberry tend to be shit. I usually do my own blue raz, using some blueberry candy and FA raspberry, it's usually fine. I first realized I wanted a good blue raz when I tried TFA. No matter what I did, it made me want to vomit.

Nice tests dude, yeah most blue raspberry tend to be shit. I usually do my own blue raz, using some blueberry candy and FA raspberry, it's usually fine. I first realized I wanted a good blue raz when I tried TFA. No matter what I did, it made me want to vomit.
Thanks HP! So far the the closest premix that I've found is Keep-It 100 Blue Slushie, but I am at a loss at how the achieve this flavor. Someone had recommended Krankberry to me once but this is obviously not a BR...more of a watermelony something or other.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Thanks HP! So far the the closest premix that I've found is Keep-It 100 Blue Slushie, but I am at a loss at how the achieve this flavor. Someone had recommended Krankberry to me once but this is obviously not a BR...more of a watermelony something or other.

Never had that flavor, umm maybe try:
2% TFA blueberry candy
1% FA raspberry
.5% FA polar blast
.5% FA lemon Sicily

That's what I use, taste is subjective but I like it fine. Steep it for like 4 days though. I'm assuming you don't mind it being a cold vape

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Keep it 100 blue slushy is one of my favorite juices! Hope this threads finds a diy equivalent at some point!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used the Liquid Barn Blue Raspberry as a Standalone and went with 15%.

I use it to make Tank Mixes for adding with other flavors but have vaped it as a standalone.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Another great pre mix is vape the nostalgia blue razz sour belts. I don't buy it anymore because I always burn through 60ml in 2 days 3 if I'm using other flavors.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors