Blueberry/ Pomegranate blend gunks quick

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else have this problem?

My recipe is 7% TFA Blueberry (Extra)
4% TFA Pomegranate
1% TFA Sour

It kills my coils in a matter of two days and bumming me out bc it's deliciousness! The liquid is mostly clear with a very slight purplish haze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone else have this problem?

My recipe is 7% TFA Blueberry (Extra)
4% TFA Pomegranate
1% TFA Sour

It kills my coils in a matter of two days and bumming me out bc it's deliciousness! The liquid is mostly clear with a very slight purplish haze.

Haven't noticed this myself, although I've been using FA Pom., except not using that exact recipe.

I've noticed TFA Blueberry Extra is Dark Yellow, whereas TFA Blueberry Wild is clear, just seems strange to me, although I use both.

Just wondering if you've tried those flavors stand alone to see which one is the culprit, but doubtful it's the TFA Sour.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried any of the flavorings on their own, but I'm fairly certain it's not the TFA Sour as I have more experience with it.
I'm inclined to think it's the Pomegranate, but I have no scientific basis for my theory. I was hoping to avoid making individual flavoring mixes to figure it out, mostly because I'm lazy! Haha

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gunk is thw number one reason to go RBA.

Some flavorings and combinations just gunk more and faster than others. Problem could be any and all of the ingredients. The solution is easy Rewicking atomizers. Which mean rebuildable coils

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gunk is thw number one reason to go RBA.

Some flavorings and combinations just gunk more and faster than others. Problem could be any and all of the ingredients. The solution is easy Rewicking atomizers. Which mean rebuildable coils

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yeah I've been rebuilding now for about 3 years because the cost is too high and coil heads are too inconsistent on the whole. Cost is he whole reason I got into DIY as well!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, it's the sour. Doesn't hold up to heat at all.

Funny, I use it in the same amount with a strawberry watermelon mix and I don't have the same issue. Maybe it just exacerbates the issue in the blue-pom mix.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Funny, I use it in the same amount with a strawberry watermelon mix and I don't have the same issue. Maybe it just exacerbates the issue in the blue-pom mix.

Yeah, it sure did when I used to mix it with TFA Grape.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I believe TFA Blueberry extra has ethyl maltol in it so it may be that. (it may explain the yellow color compared to the Blueberry Wild as well) However, I have not been able to confirm that for 100%.
It could also be the sour, which I do not have much experience with.
Maybe try lowering the percentages of the Blueberry extra and sour. If necessary and available, you can add a different blueberry to it to bump the blueberry flavor up. I like using the wild with the Extra... or if you have Flavour Art Bilberry, it goes well with Blueberry extra as well, IMO.

VU Sponsors