Become a Patron!

Bonza RDA Question's

Sorry in advance if I didn't make this thread in the correct area but I need some help. I'm still kinda new to rebuildables. I have the Smoke Alien 220w with the Bonza RDA on it. I have (2) Fused Clapton Coils in it at .3ohms on 60 watts. The ramp up time is really slow, but i've heard all claptons are. I don't feel like Im getting much flavor out of it. It chucks the clouds, but the flavor is lacking. The juice Im using is S.E.X by Savage Sauce. Any tips or tricks would help. Thanks.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
More info needed. What are the gauges of the core wires and the wrap wire in your fused claptons?

General rule of thumb is the wrap wire being at least 10 gauges smaller than your core wire, i.e. 26 gauge core/36 gauge wrap. The thinner the wrap wire the faster the ramp up/down. My typical build is 2x26/38 fused claptons.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Watch some Bonza build videos as well. Pay careful attention to coil placement. Be sure they’re parked right in the middle of the airflow between the air inlet holes and the bottom of the drip tip opening.

clemson27

Member For 2 Years
More info needed. What are the gauges of the core wires and the wrap wire in your fused claptons?

General rule of thumb is the wrap wire being at least 10 gauges smaller than your core wire, i.e. 26 gauge core/36 gauge wrap. The thinner the wrap wire the faster the ramp up/down. My typical build is 2x26/38 fused claptons.

I did 2x28/32 kanthal 7 wrap. I think I got it dialed in better now. Now if I made it with stainless steel, would I have to switch to temp mode?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any major pros/cons with either mode or does it even make a difference?
TC requires a lot of fiddling and a good chip to get a consistent vape. Power mode is simple, set it to your preferred wattage and you’re done.

VU Sponsors