Become a Patron!

Boogieman Cotton - Is it any good?

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've used Cotton Bacon almost exclusively for the last 2 years. I love CB and have no complaints, but was intrigued by Boogieman when I saw it today for the first time at a local shop. It's about time for me to buy more Cotton Bacon, but I thought about trying this instead. What are your thoughts on Boogieman? How does it compare to CB?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I'm reading, it's a rayon/cotton blend, not just cotton. Mixed reviews anywhere I've looked, people seem to either love it or hate it. I'm reading there is a significant break-in time and a "synthetic taste," and a couple reviewers stated that it turned to "mush" in their RDAs. It seems cheap enough though, if you really wanted to try it. $5.00 for a bag containing 36", or maybe the local shop would let you try a sample.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yea, looks like you read the same reviews I read. From what I found online I wasn't too enthused to try it, but wanted to ask here as I trust the forum members more than random people online. I knew there was only a slim chance that it was actually any good, but if ya don't ask ya don't know

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one I ordered awhile back - and from whom, I don't remember - called Slawick. It doesn't claim to be a "blend" of any sort, but you can tell by the texture that it isn't strictly cotton. It does have a rayon-ish feel to it. I like it, very little break-in, and it does last a bit longer than cotton. But those who are opposed to rayon wouldn't like it.

VU Sponsors