Become a Patron!

Both SMOK & Geekvape make some hardy stuff!

NotNew2VapingNow

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drive concrete mixer for a living & this morning, while up on my ladder, rinsing down my fins, my Aegis Legend with SMOK TFV12 Prince tank fell out of my pocket & dropped about 10 feet to the asphalt below :headbang:

As I was descending my ladder, all I could think of was:
1) I'm glad I've got spare tanks, 'cause that one's definitely toast :cry:
2) Geekvape claims their Aegis line can withstand "about" a 3 foot drop..SHIT! I hope the other one I ordered gets here soon, 'cause the mod is probably shit, too :cuss2:

I retrieved my vape off the ground & began inspecting it; fully expecting that the mod would be bent/broken & the tank..well, busted glass, shattered drip tip, busted top/bottom..all that went through my mind.

I noticed the drip tip on the tank was broken, but the glass was still intact & it appeared as though the drip tip was the only damage to the tank....but what aobut the mod?

I could not tell that there was any cosmetic/structural damage to the mod & the only thing off was the fact that when I attempted to fire the mod, I got the "no atomizer detected" error message.

Because I carry 2 mods & tanks at work, I powered off the Aegis (my SMOK mag grip was not powered on, so that didn't need to be powered off), and proceeded to swap tanks...powered on both mods & the Aegis (with the undamaged tank) performed flawlessly.....I then figured, what the hell...& tried to fire the Smok Mag kit (which now had the damaged tank on it)..the coil was recognized & the tank, with the exception of the damaged drip tip) still worked...although the busted drip tip is not the most comfortable to use :p

People hate on SMOK probably more than any other brand, but after this unintended torture test, I"m a believer in their products!

IMG_1101.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Smoant Cylon survived a 15+ foot drop with only a couple of scratches and that was (6) months ago.... The Falcon resin tank broke into 137 pieces.

f5ab36f0ab4180bbec7845f9bd188a96.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I drive concrete mixer for a living & this morning, while up on my ladder, rinsing down my fins, my Aegis Legend with SMOK TFV12 Prince tank fell out of my pocket & dropped about 10 feet to the asphalt below :headbang:

As I was descending my ladder, all I could think of was:
1) I'm glad I've got spare tanks, 'cause that one's definitely toast :cry:
2) Geekvape claims their Aegis line can withstand "about" a 3 foot drop..SHIT! I hope the other one I ordered gets here soon, 'cause the mod is probably shit, too :cuss2:

I retrieved my vape off the ground & began inspecting it; fully expecting that the mod would be bent/broken & the tank..well, busted glass, shattered drip tip, busted top/bottom..all that went through my mind.

I noticed the drip tip on the tank was broken, but the glass was still intact & it appeared as though the drip tip was the only damage to the tank....but what aobut the mod?

I could not tell that there was any cosmetic/structural damage to the mod & the only thing off was the fact that when I attempted to fire the mod, I got the "no atomizer detected" error message.

Because I carry 2 mods & tanks at work, I powered off the Aegis (my SMOK mag grip was not powered on, so that didn't need to be powered off), and proceeded to swap tanks...powered on both mods & the Aegis (with the undamaged tank) performed flawlessly.....I then figured, what the hell...& tried to fire the Smok Mag kit (which now had the damaged tank on it)..the coil was recognized & the tank, with the exception of the damaged drip tip) still worked...although the busted drip tip is not the most comfortable to use :p

People hate on SMOK probably more than any other brand, but after this unintended torture test, I"m a believer in their products!

View attachment 127091
Pretty cool. I like to hear about these kinds of stories. I'm always dropping stuff haha. The only complaint I have with Prince tanks are the painted finish. Here's my red one that gets beat up at work and being carried every day.
1209181422.jpg
The red stuff gets flakey and peels right off after time. Their black, rainbow, gold, and stainless (of couse), seem to be better. They also have some that are actually painted with solid colors. Those chip too tho.

The Resa Prince is awseome. The color wont come off. But like Manny said, or your drip tip suggests, resin can shatter when dropped.

People like to say the same programed resposes about Smok. "They have bad QC", "Their coils are inconsistent", "These Smok coils dont last", "Smok is garbage". I actually use their stuff daily and can say, the Prince coils perform well. They make a huge variety to choose from for the Prince. I've tried almost every coil they make for it, if not all of them. I haven't had a dud yet, and they last. Some of the early ones I used leaked durring the first fill. But after that, they worked well. I just cleaned up the seepage, reassembled, and vaped.

VU Sponsors