Become a Patron!

Bottle preference

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If this is in the wrong spot, please move it. :)

I was wondering what kind of bottles everyone prefers? Boston round/dropper, unicorn, short plastic ones with nozzles? Thanks for your input!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean for DIY? I prefer LDPE boston rounds. I like the skinny dropper tip (nozzle)
Yeah, me too. I've been reusing the Boston round glass bottles I've gotten from B&M shop juices but I bought one recently that was plastic with the tip and it's 100x easier to use. No repeat dips to fill a dropper

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean for DIY? I prefer LDPE boston rounds. I like the skinny dropper tip (nozzle)

Hi, do you reuse them? I've got a bunch of glass bottles which are great because they'll amortize to almost zero eventually. However, I agree that it's a pain using the droppers.

If you do reuse them, do you clean them? If so, how?

Thanks.

kh1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All of the above and other choices people will recommend are of course good. But one source not mentioned much is mini 50ml bottles liquor comes in. I have a stash of empty Beam nip bottles that I find great for small batch DIY trials, they are sterile as is, light weight, and the thing I like is my funnels fit the opening for mixing directly by weight.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi, do you reuse them? I've got a bunch of glass bottles which are great because they'll amortize to almost zero eventually. However, I agree that it's a pain using the droppers.

If you do reuse them, do you clean them? If so, how?

Thanks.
You can wash them in a mild solution of dish detergent, rinse really well. Others have used a mild vinegar/water solution, rinse well. Or just plain old hot water. Stubborn flavors might take a few more rinses.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I prefer unicorns for carrying juice in.
I generally mix in 120's unless it's new. That goes in a 30 mil unicorn.

I have quite a few glass 30's with droppers, but rarely use them anymore.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got all sorts, 10,15,30,50,100, unicorn, wide tip, narrow tip, pipette, glass, HDPE, PE and PET.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lmao, wrong kinda bottle

That's true!
The glass should be amber!
Proper utilization of a brown paper bag must be employed to keep out light. :yes:

Ron
---
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's true!
The glass should be amber!
Proper utilization of a brown paper bag must be employed to keep out light. :yes:

Ron
---
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
Bahaha

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get 30ml plastic unicorn bottles and those brown glass bottles both from ecx.
I prefer the unicorn bottles but sometimes I get a little spillage when adding the vg I guess it's an air pressure thing it only happens of I don't stick the needle in far enough through the neck.
The brown bottles are easier to mix in but I prefer not using droppers and just dripping straight from the bottle which is why I prefer the plastic unicorns.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like the 20ml cobalt glass bottles that Element uses. I love the "j-tip" dripper they use, I haven't seen where these drippers are available.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a bunch of droppers for my Wiz Lab bottles so I dont have to keep wiping off the single dropper of the glass bottle i mix into. I thought it would save money and be a bit faster but it takes me longer because of having to clean it before adding my next flavor. BUT then i got a ecx order and realized I like their faster shipping and their flavor bottles that come in squeeze tubes with the tips so no dropper needed

VU Sponsors