Bottle suggestions

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Looking for tried and true large bottle options that meet my needs – and don’t want to buy one more bottle that doesn’t quite cut it, lol

First, am looking for a good 100 ml unicorn type bottle like the ones Fasttech sells, but need a higher quality, as about one in ten of these fails – as in the removable spout pops off while squeezing the bottle at exactly the wrong time, lol. Its shown second to the left.

Tried a different one (far left) and the opening is as small as those little 30ml bottles and just as bothersome – I need something that you can stick a regular size funnel in for mixing or easy filling from an even bigger bottle, which leads to my second quest: a 300 ml or (or even larger) that has a good twist top that doesn’t leak (far right) and can take a regular cap for long-term storage (second from the right)

I know you mixing pros have an answer – I can find many types all over the web, but am looking for a good recommendation from you experienced users

Bottle dilemna .jpg

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5138SO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Incase the link doesn't show up here is title on Amazon:
Vestil BTL-RC-8 Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) Round Squeeze Dispensing Bottle with Removable Red Cap, 8 oz Capacity, Clear

Those are what I use for my working PG/VG bottles. They have a standard cap size so finding a regular cap shouldn't be a problem and actually the caps from 4oz flavoring bottles fit. I have been using these bottles for 3 years without a single failure. The same manufacturer also sells a 16oz (480ml) size as well.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5138SO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Incase the link doesn't show up here is title on Amazon:
Vestil BTL-RC-8 Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) Round Squeeze Dispensing Bottle with Removable Red Cap, 8 oz Capacity, Clear

Those are what I use for my working PG/VG bottles. They have a standard cap size so finding a regular cap shouldn't be a problem and actually the caps from 4oz flavoring bottles fit. I have been using these bottles for 3 years without a single failure. The same manufacturer also sells a 16oz (480ml) size as well.

Looks like it would fit the bill, except for the dispenser

Knew I'd need to spend more than FT prices to get a better quality - but at $5 each, I'm hoping to not have to replace the dispensing cap :eek:

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@wllmc, BCF have anything meeting the above description?
They sell 60ml LDPE Chubby Gorilla bottles that are great.... I loved the 30mls and the 60 ml rock.
I get my big glass bottles (100ml+) from GlassBottleOutlet on Amazon. I like glass for long storage.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They sell 60ml LDPE Chubby Gorilla bottles that are great.... I loved the 30mls and the 60 ml rock.

They are nice but the neck opening is too narrow for my needs :)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hope this helps, Lucy. It should serve your long term storage needs. I bookmarked them for future reference:
Nalgene HDPE Wide Mouth Square - 2oz to 32oz Frosted Containers
https://www.amazon.com/Nalgene-Square-Storage-Bottle-8-Ounce/dp/B00266CZAE

Inside diameter of openings:
64 oz rectangular 1-7/8 inches
32 oz rectangular 1-5/8
16 oz rectangular just shy of 1-1/2
8 oz square 1-1/4
8 oz rectangular 1-1/8
6 oz square 1-1/8
4 oz rectangular 13/16
  • Constructed using high density polyethylene (HDPE)
  • Sturdy and durable for use inside or outside
  • Economical and made from BPA free materials
  • Great for liquids, pills, powders and small items like needle and thread, buttons or small repair items that you may need on a trip
  • Great look and innovative carrying solutions for your liquids
You should be able to find some decent round bottles suiting your requirements. :cloud:

Attachments

• Nalgene Wide Mouth Square Storage Bottles.jpg
    Nalgene Wide Mouth Square Storage Bottles.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hope this helps, Lucy. It should serve your long term storage needs. I bookmarked them for future reference:

32 oz rectangular 1-5/8
8 oz square 1-1/4
8 oz rectangular 1-1/8
6 oz square 1-1/8
4 oz rectangular 13/16
  • Great for liquids, pills, powders and small items like needle and thread, buttons or small repair items that you may need on a trip
You should be able to find some decent round bottles suiting your requirements. :cloud:

No Alaska shipping :facepalm:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
On the 60 ml???

The chubbys do have more neck room, but they are also half the size minimally needed - I have dozens of 60 ml bottles and I'm just tired of doubling up

Ideally, I need 120ml and 300 ml

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

32 oz rectangular 1-5/8
8 oz square 1-1/4
8 oz rectangular 1-1/8
6 oz square 1-1/8
4 oz rectangular 13/16

I like how the description calls a plain old plastic bottle an innovative carrying solution. Why do they even write that kind of crap? Is there someone out there comparing plastic bottles that gets swayed into buying this one because it is described as innovative?

VU Sponsors