Become a Patron!

Bottom Feeder (alternate source suggestions)

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looking at bottom feeder boxes for RDA use, I have found REO and TMOD customs - any vendors in the sub $100 range?

Doing some research for now, as saturated as the market is this seems like an obvious gap...

Curious what everyone else's thoughts are ;)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can mod most RDA's to be bottom fed if you are so inclined. If you prefer to buy one already modded, there is a guy on that other forum that will mod your atty for you or you can buy one he has already modded. I believe he calls his shop Catfish Atty Mods.

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Catfish Atty Mods..... maybe we can convince him to leave the dark side LOL

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking at bottom feeder boxes for RDA use, I have found REO and TMOD customs - any vendors in the sub $100 range?

Doing some research for now, as saturated as the market is this seems like an obvious gap...

Yes the price of bottom feeders is too damn high. There is 3 getting ready to ship from China in a few weeks. They will be using sx300 chips. should be under $100. The only other option is the Svapiamo box and the NoFear box from Vapinart.com. They are out of stock right now but usually pick more up every other week, have to keep checking daily. The NoFear is $114 and the Svapiamo is around $139. Both wood mods.

http://www.vapinart.com/cart/Squonking-C158.aspx?s=OrderBy ASC, Name ASC&c=158&ps=12&p=0

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There is a gap because like Genny style atomisers.....squonking is just not for everyone.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

A company out of China (I believe) Sans Electronics has one that retails for around 40 bucks. They are also coming out with an SX300 50w regulated version.

Smog Distribution
will have both. They are currently redoing the website and should have them posted soon

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe Angel Cigs has the 40 dollar version available for sale but I've heard it has some issues.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol, not being shy but since I don't have that device and haven't experienced the issues myself, I couldn't state with any degree of certainty as to the problems. That said, supposedly there were issues with the 510 connection stripping out and the connection coming loose among other things. In other words, even though it's only 40$, it may not be worth it. :)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol, not being shy but since I don't have that device and haven't experienced the issues myself, I couldn't state with any degree of certainty as to the problems. That said, supposedly there were issues with the 510 connection stripping out and the connection coming loose among other things. In other words, even though it's only 40$, it may not be worth it. :)
Must not be talking about the same unit then. I think they just started shipping last week. I didn't see them on angelcig's website

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're probably right Robert, I'll go back and see if I can find where I heard that ... there was a group of folks who got together and did a pre-order and I thought it was that one but I very well could be mistaken.

Yeah, I was definitely wrong about it being available on Angel Cigs ... sorry about that!

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check out this guys stuff TMODCUSTOMS. he's flashing pic's in here on " vaping related but does not fit in a category" page 3 or 4 I think. Really nice boxes. Might be right up your alley. He has one that he uses a bullet shell casing for the fire button. MADE IN USA

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry i didn't notice that you had already checked him out. Please ignore my response. I'll have a drink and a vape and respond elsewhere.

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TMODCUSTOMS are excellent craftsman pieces, if I had ~$400 & I knew that I loved bottom feeders I would probably do it, but I would like to test if it is for me first..... I love dripping, so it seems like a good fit

https://instagram.com/tmodcustoms/

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
$400.00 WOW!!!!! BLUDY 'EL MATE. I really didn't know what he charged. They are great looking boxes but.............I think $400.00 is a little pricey for it. He should hire some Chinese to work his shop and maybe then charge $100.00 and still be MADE IN USA

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
$25.00 for my Cerberus. I'll keep dripping thank you

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't they realize we're in a recession. Thank's Obama

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They said the flask squonker is going to be $325

Lets see,,,, we'll cut a hole where one of the batteries is supposed to be, and charge 25 extra dollars for a 10 cent plastic bottle. They won't miss the second battery

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Until you find out you're using batteries faster then they can charge. Then it's back to the 26650 mods

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(3) VTC5 will normally last me a full day (so I carry 4)

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Less than 50 available now .. .. .. (mine is ordered)

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Forgive my ignorance, but why is it called a bottom feeder? Why bottom feeder?

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Because the juice feeds from the bottom of the RDA (via the bottle)
Also refereed to as a Squonker or Squonk box

Not my Diagram (stolen) - but generally explains the idea (top section would be a RDA)
20130919_181003_zpsf1cb2cb3.jpg

Another Example
x9lrmoh9unv3htxo90q8_s.jpg

Last edited:

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok thanks, I have seen them, the bottom feeder thing was throwing me off.

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad to help, as a long time dripper I am excited to see these entering the market in the sub $100 range
With all of the buzz and disapointment around "sub ohm" tanks I love the idea of having my favorite RDA fed by a 6ml-15ml bottle of juice

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, and I think a lot of them look nice to. Not to bulky etc..

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ended up getting a regulated and mechanical bottom feeder
The mech was ~$25 http://focalecig.com/Product/-Ships...tom-Feeder-Modwith-Terminator-logoBlack-14285

I like the finish and the weight, squonks good - chain vaping at .4 ohm with no issues Will see how it holds up long term, but so far worth the ~$25
I wasn't a huge fan of the stock BF RDA, so I modded a TOBH that was in my drawer of extra stuff
Only complaint is the stiffness of the battery spring (pretty minor) and the terminator print on the front side in white (could have left that off in my opinion) Stock RBA wicks and functions well, very tall, airflow is similar to a stock TOBH

20150529_213328_Satya_Sargas_Swollen.jpg

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, good to know!

I might have to give this a try, especially at that price.

pierces32

Member For 4 Years
I have 2 of them, first one from Focal group buy which was the Smokeless Owl version, the second was the Terminator version. I like the rubberized feel on the body of the Terminator better than the smooth plastic on the Owl. I sprayed the Owl with Plastic-Dip and now it's close to how the Terminator feels with a slightly more sticky grip. While I don't care for the height & look of the atty, I do like the performance. I did the WernVern mod on the post and drilled it where the post meets the deck so it sucks back juice and you can't over fill the juice well. Now no leaks and great performance, best buy for me this year so far. I even ordered a third to give my son for his birthday coming up. I also have the Zenith BF atty but actually prefer the Owl atty because of the window and wide bore drip tip, just wish it had a 510 bore so I could use other drip tips.

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting - I got the Focal / Terminator? Rubberized with the terminator logo - I do like the feel of the rubberized version :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw that REO clone too but I'm not sure why they didn't go with an LP version so more atties would fit it. Good price regardless.

pierces32

Member For 4 Years
Always wanted a Reo, but now that I have the Terminator I'm not sure I need one. Good price though makes it very hard to resist, will wait for some reviews me thinks.

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
20150606_220227_Sophia_Uneven_Rustic.jpg
This was a fun dremel project (Lancia)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn, that's sweet, I want one now too. And I do mean both! :D

I had no idea you could do that with the Zenith base and the glass cap for a mutationx 2. I really like the look of that squonker you built too.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, that's sweet, I want one now too. And I do mean both! :D

I had no idea you could do that with the Zenith base and the glass cap for a mutationx 2. I really like the look of that squonker you built too.

I got the Zenith on clearence real cheap on Angelcigs, but have to go Fasttech now for them, so I got that cheap, butI had to pay lot for the glass cap from Kidneypuncher. Like $14 I think. Fits the Zenith perfect. Better pic of the inside of Dimitri squonker, surprisingly it makes a good squonker, because the original 510 on that mod is sealed off from box, so I drilled through it, and slid in a bottom feeder tube from fatdaddy. The dimitri 510 has a delron pad so you can get your atty to sit fluch and tight where you want it.

http://www.kidneypuncher.com/mutation-x-v2-v3-glass-top-cap/

dbf3.jpg

EDIT I had to edit and it screwed up the post. LOL sorry

Attachments

• dbf4.jpg
    dbf4.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 29

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the link for the cap; I'm going to have to get one of those!

Did you have to cut the squonk hole in the cover too? It looks factory if you did, nice job.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dam now ..i like the dimitri squonker !!

i have the sans kui BF ,it is noticably heavier then a reo ,falls over on the side opposite the door if you don't set it down perfectly and the positive tabs leaks !! but can be replaced with a reo tab if you straighten out the little loop at the end

The Smokless owl seems to be about the cheapest bottomfeeder and people have been giving it pretty great reviews. I'd have to say for $25 very hard to complain about it.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the link for the cap; I'm going to have to get one of those!

Did you have to cut the squonk hole in the cover too? It looks factory if you did, nice job.

Oh yeah I did have to cut that hole and it sucked. LOL. Ton of filing, I could get it a little better, but I had to walk away from it for a while :) I'll try and get it a bit more square next week. I have been vaping on it hard last week.

VU Sponsors