Become a Patron!

Bought Vision Spinner II but came as a knock off! WTH

visionz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2014-11-10 22.31.40.jpg So I bought this This vision Spinner II and it was supposed to be legit with a kangertech pro tank III but both items are knock off's. Anyone know where I could do something about this other than reporting the seller as false advertisement. It cost me 28.99 for the kit I mainly wanted the Kangertech Pro Tank BDC for my mod and the vision spinner II as a backup. I'm really disappointed with this. Hoping my Nautilus adjustable airflow tank will be legit I ordered.

visionz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any kind of info maybe of someone else having a similar problem would be awesome.

dragonpuff

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've bought knockoffs by accident before, not vape material but same deal. Idk where you got it from but if you bought from a place like ebay or amazon you should be able to return it. Tell the seller you were under the impression that these were real but they turned out to be fake and ask for a return. A lot of sellers will take them back just so you don't leave them a bad review.

Otherwise, chalk it up to a bad experience. It sucks to lose that money, but we all have to go through that sometimes. Take it as a learning experience and be more careful who you buy from next time.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Too many known vendors out there to be dealing with unknowns through eBay or amazon. Buy from a company, not some dude with a garage full of black market bullshit.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it says 'Authentic' on their page - Give us the link to the buyer and we will put him/her on blast for selling knock offs!

visionz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It was a ebay vendor I can look up the his name If that would even help because it did say (authentic vision spinner II with kangertech pro tank III). I actually just bought a Sentinal M16 mod And Tesla atty head. Still waiting on my Nautilus. I contacted the vendor of the nautilus (different vendor completely) he "assured" me that my Nautilus is not a clone. I am still skeptical until I receive my new tank. Off topic but have been using my pro tank III and pro tank mini and getting a burnt taste. I just hope my Nautilus will have a significant quality difference.

wikkid1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Generally from what I understand there's no problems with clones, except when they're advertised as the real thing (and priced as the real thing as well.) Every source I've seen that mentions ebay though warns to be extra careful when buying mods/tanks through them because you're much more likely to get a cheap clone... or even a different item alltogether, and it may be difficult to resolve the issue, not sure how ebay deals with this type of fraud.

If it makes you feel any better most of the B&M shops (at least all of the ones I been to) are also selling clones as genuine items and usually they don't even know about it, maybe a shop that's vapor only would have staff that are more educated in this type of thing but I bought my protank from a headshop and couple days later realized that it's not the real thing... it's missing all the branding on the tank itself.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My clone spinner worked just fine, till I broke it thru human error. If it's less than $20 is a clone. The clone I bought was way better than an evod twist I bought on ft that crapped completely in like a week. Never worked right straight outta the package.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a Mini Protank III and Spinner II recently. Both ended up being clones. I complained to ebay and got a refund for the pt3, now I'm waiting for a reply on the clone Spinner II that almost burned my hand.

Welcome to Ebay. You really need to read rhe fine print. I too go snagged by one of these sellers too. I claiming it we a original vision spinner 2. What showed up was a knock off and rhey are easy to spot. As they are easy to spot when they show up. The spinner part of the voltage uses a different base and the markings for Voltage are off. Within 2-3 weeks all failed. (Bought 3 - buy 2 get third free.. $10.99 each. Which wasn't a red flag, as the local vape bar (high end) carries the real deal and charge $31 for it. Considering their overhead aa business Jd that the real spinners wholesale is higher.

2 - the voltage spinner fell off and no way to put it back.

1 was scary. I went to grab it after it sitting on the table outside (65F). And it was hot enough it' could burden you. The base of the cart was hot, but the spinner/ battery were scrotching hot and that was after sitting on a table outside. Having an EE background. Thankfully, as had I chalked it up to hitting the vape too hard and at a higher voltage. 3-4 more hits and the battery would have exploded. I confirmed this by taking it apart and probing with various scopes, etc (expensive equipment). It had already failed and a matter of x amount more hits and boom or more likely fire.

I've found oddly - and I only vape or shatter (with the globe attachment.) don't smoke, tolerance is too high and these new vape companies has amazing products. Solventkess, totally clean and clear or the Terps untroduced back for the strain

So 2.5 years of vaping, starting with Eureka - only real brand at the time (junk)! Then Honey Vape arrived with THC and the first to provide direct QR code in the tube case hat links you to their SCLabs test and data for that batch. Others do as well.

But it's so funny. With rare exception, you will get carts that are DOA. Because most all companies use th cheapest cart from China that they can. This has been vastly improved in 2016. It was bad enough, removed it with a pen before I'd leave. As the failures from 2014-early 2016 were failing or DOA were in the 15-30% rate. Which is ridiculous and it was most brands from kurvana to honey vape (esp their 1G cart - bad enough most just carry the 1/2 gram, and they updated the cart tech. I've only had 1 fail this year. Kurvana is still junk cart wise. Then there are some good ines that use more than expensive carts and it shows : Bloom, Gen/x (tests @ 91%), Brass Knuckles (currently my favorite - candy apple, purple haze and one of the best blueberry I've ever vaped taste and potency wise less gen/x blueberry), heavy hitters, Apline, Moxiie/710 and lastly Rove - decent thc, etc but top notch carts. There are others but thats my go.to list of carts. Stuff like o-pen etc are just junk. Oh, one other great one - Legion. Excellent cart and great strains ... like Exodus Cheese (take some blueberry hits as well and you've got blueberry cheesecake - one of favorites.

So tangent aside. I've owned probably 25 pens so far. From Vision Spinners (real ones, knockoffs as noted above fail in less than a month. To I-stick mini, to pax, to ego with adj voltagage, to you name it. w-vapes had reps the other day and with a cart purchase at half off her s free pen. It's the size of a cig, maybe 300mah - button but not adj voltage. This and a freebie similar size but not button, hit when you draw. These cheapos have out performed on a consistency basis all the others, even the $200 pax. I think it's a combination of the cards not being 100% compliant and these pens offering the leeway. Like s cart in say a spinner - doesn't hit. Connect to one of th chespos snd hello vape.

Lastly,
REMOVED
So I'd skip Ebay, i got burned too many times. Just go find s tobacco shop or vape shop nearby and buy a spinner vision real deal - I still have my first and it works like a charm or an eGo twist. Both in the $25-$30 dollar range but "work". The influx of all these knock offs and less than honest sellers makes it not worth it. You get what you pay for basically. Or you could.just load up on the chespos - seen them as low as 4.98 each. By 6 ($30) and maybe get a year out of them if they fail every 2 months ;)

To the original poster. I'd contact the seller and get him to send you two, since they fail and you withheld they were knock offs. Or get a return. Even if only $10 bucks at least he won't get away with it. I'd also leave s review in the listing (he probably has 20 for sale) these are knock offs. All mine failed the same in that the twist bottom fell off, one alnost exploded and all stopped charging. And I have probably 14 chargers most still in the box. So it's not the chargers (they are junk too but another thread).

Anyhow, just my 2 cents (and no I'm not making change... lol). From someone who restarted removed after a hiatus from college 15 years ago..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to Ebay. adj voltagage, to you name it. w-vapes had reps the other day and with a cart purchase at half off her s free pen. It's the size of a cig, maybe 300mah - button but not adj voltage. This and a freebie similar size but not button, hit when you draw. These cheapos have out performed on a consistency basis all the others, even the $200 pax. I think it's a combination of the cards not being 100% compliant and these pens offering the leeway. Like s cart in say a spinner - doesn't hit. Connect to one of th chespos snd hello vape.

Lastly,

So I'd skip Ebay, i got burned too many times. Just go find s tobacco shop or vape shop nearby and buy a spinner vision real deal - I still have my first and it works like a charm or an eGo twist. Both in the $25-$30 dollar range but "work". The influx of all these knock offs and less than honest sellers makes it not worth it. You get what you pay for basically. Or you could.just load up on the chespos - seen them as low as 4.98 each. By 6 ($30) and maybe get a year out of them if they fail every 2 months ;)

To the original poster. I'd contact the seller and get him to send you two, since they fail and you withheld they were knock offs. Or get a return. Even if only $10 bucks at least he won't get away with it. I'd also leave s review in the listing (he probably has 20 for sale) these are knock offs. All mine failed the same in that the twist bottom fell off, one alnost exploded and all stopped charging. And I have probably 14 chargers most still in the box. So it's not the chargers (they are junk too but another thread).

Anyhow, just my 2 cents
Thanks
Welcome aboard, but the first post is over two years old......:vino:

Last edited by a moderator:

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been ripped off and scammed on ebay too. One time I bought a bluray external drive which was advertised to play both DVD's and bluray discs. It finally arrived in the mail and I put in a bluray and it didn't worth after multiple tries until I realised I had been ripped off. I sent the seller a message stating I would:

1 - Report him to ebay for scamming
2 - I would leave a negative review stating NEVER to buy from this seller.
3 - I want my money back immediately and if he wanted the drive back he would be paying the return postage.

He then gave me a sob story about how he has to feed his kids and a bunch of other bullshit. He wanted to refund half the money which was totally out of the question. He eventually refunded my money in full and I got to keep the external DVD drive.

VU Sponsors