Bourbon/Tobacco Blend

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I need a recipe for some sort of bourbon and tobacco blend juice for a friend of mine in Canada. He vapes to stay away from the cigs, but still enjoys his occasional cigar with a glass of bourbon. So I asked if he would like me to make up some juice for him.

I can come up with something on my own and/or use the ELR website, but I thought I'd ask the fine folks here at VU first for your recommendations.

Here's a link to my Flavor Stash on the ELR website: MY FLAVOR STASH

Thanks in advance for any help,
CC

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know how tobacco and Bourbon mix.
Tobacco and vanilla bourbon on the other hand mix quite nicely.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bourbon and tobacco go well and Van. bourbon goes with both of em too! I love Vanilla bourbon...I don't have near as many tobaccos as you do @CrazyChef , You probably would know where to go more with the cigar portion... I did a mix with waffle, bourbon, and tobacco and it came out quite nice. The sweetness and butter aspects of the waffle helped contradict the harsher edges of the bourbon and tobacco. I would suggest adding something to sweeten a bit like Apple pie or another bakery that goes well with it, maybe not too heavy so it doesn't take away from the two since he does like them particularly. Definitely gotta use that oak wood too! That is on my next order but here's that recipe although mine is more dessert-like but pairs well all together
http://tjek.nu/r/7k0n?token=0f465ff3e16ac7c

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oak is a great addition to tobacco and by oak I mean TFA Red Oak (not FA Oakwood).

M-type? And I thought I'm the only one that still have some, since they stopped making it.
Dang I didnt know M-type was that old lol I like how potent and true tobacco-like it is...err was... but have always tried to find a replacement and pretty much every tobacco ended in failure... Some are ok and most are either too potent or not even tobacco tasting. Is it red oak I meant, not oak wood to add the barrel flavor? Sorry I dont have it yet may have jotted it down wrong

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Potent indeed, wouldn't use more then 0.5% in any recipe..
I would try TFA Mild Black

I use Red Oak a lot and in various non tobacco recipes too, tried Oakwood as replacement and didn't like it one bit.

Last edited:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Potent indeed, wouldn't use more then 0.5% in any recipd Oakwood as replacement and didn't like it one bit.
Thanks for the Red Oak tip, I picked the Tpa mild black up but havent tried it yet. Never had one I liked by itself too much. Mlb was effective. Hanseng seemed promising but so many tobaccos I purchased to try to make a few recipes for friends. SO many wasted tobaccos I bought and will likely not use once I find one that fits well. I lost interest in tobacco taste a few months after quitting but dont mind a smoother vaping one sometimes. I just dont test with them often anymore though...
Potent indeed, wouldn't use more then 0.5% in any recipe..
I would try TFA Mild Black

I use Red Oak a lot and in various non tobacco recipes too, tried Oakwood as replacement and didn't like it one bit.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The way I see it tobacco flavors that try to imitate cigar/pipe tobacco are more likely to be good, since cigarette tobacco and flavor are crap to begin with.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the great ideas! Adding a little waffle and/or vanilla in the background sounds good. I also have a few of the NETs from @Vash , but still haven't tried them yet. I was even thinking of just a hint of some sort of chocolate to give it a bit of robustness to the background. My friend is a trained chef and BBQ aficionado. I also have a few of the NETs from @Vash , but still haven't tried them yet.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the great ideas! Adding a little waffle and/or vanilla in the background sounds good. I also have a few of the NETs from @Vash , but still haven't tried them yet. I was even thinking of just a hint of some sort of chocolate to give it a bit of robustness to the background. My friend is a trained chef and BBQ aficionado. I also have a few of the NETs from @Vash , but still haven't tried them yet.
Chocolate also goes REALLY well with tobaccos! Good idea too!

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that dont work youll have to get him a smok pipe, like the sherlock Holmes type, for the FULL effect haha

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also have a few I don'tof the NETs from @Vash , but still haven't tried them yet.

I vape more cigar juice than any 2 other mixes combined. There are many decent cigar flavors that taste like cigars, but for me, unless there is a good NET included in the final mix, I just don't get the taste of real cigars. I suggest working with the NET you have. Unfortunately, I have no experience with the NET you mentioned and accordingly can't suggest an exact recipe. (I make my own NET)

What cigar juice recipe you put together depends on what kind of cigar taste you want. A fresh, unlit cigar? One the is fired up and the first or second puff taste? Smoked down more like...

cigar.jpg

...? :eek:

I suggest getting some IWN (Wera Garden) Tobacco Absolute Cuban Cigar (3.5-4%) as a base to work with the NET you have. (NOT INW e-aromat Cuban Cigar) You may consider also getting some INW Dark Tobacco and/or INW DNB for adjustments.(1-2%..perhaps more) The inclusion of some FLV Cured Tobacco can also provide additional rich tobacco taste.

FA Oakwood is a good flavor; maybe just not the best for the juice desired in this thread. Think ....licking a fresh oak 2x4 that was recently delivered to your local lumber yard.;)

Since FA Whiskey is more Scotch like and INW's is just plain foul, I would go for TFA's Kentucky Bourbon. Stand alone, it's not something I enjoy, but it did provide the perfect flavor notes in a whiskey caramel pudding juice I made.

The Bourbon in Vanilla Bourbon flavors of course have nothing at all to do with "Kentucky ground water". (see: http://www.amadeusvanillabeans.com/madagascar/map.php )

Just my 2 cents

Ron
---
"Perception is largely an emotional response. How we feel affects the way we see the world. "-Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks @RonJS - that's extremely helpful! :cheers:

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since FA Whiskey is more Scotch like and INW's is just plain foul, I would go for TFA's Kentucky Bourbon. Stand alone, it's not something I enjoy, but it did provide the perfect flavor notes in a whiskey caramel pudding juice I made.

I have Fw Bourbon, anyone have a comparison on the Tpa one?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors