Become a Patron!

Box gettin hot!

Accidentfreak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay I'm rockin and belief I stick 50 watt with a mutation vx 4 okay I'm rockin and you leaf I stick 50 watt with a mutation x v4 I got some 22 gauge Kanthal, wrapped two coils put them into the deck.. clipped the leads no wires were touching. But when I went to fire it to squeeze the coils together, my box was heating up a lot! Help me what am i doing wrong am I using the wrong gauge wire does that make a difference why is this box heating up any other tank or RDA is working just fine! Someone please help me

Accidentfreak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay I'm rockin and belief I stick 50 watt with a mutation vx 4 okay I'm rockin and you leaf I stick 50 watt with a mutation x v4 I got some 22 gauge Kanthal, wrapped two coils put them into the deck.. clipped the leads no wires were touching. But when I went to fire it to squeeze the coils together, my box was heating up a lot! Help me what am i doing wrong am I using the wrong gauge wire does that make a difference why is this box heating up any other tank or RDA is working just fine! Someone please help me
Eleaf

Accidentfreak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Eleaf Istick 50 watt with mutation XV 4. Whenever I try to fire the coils the whole box heats up, no leads are touching nothings touching the deck what is wrong? I'm using 22 gauge Kanthal am I using too large of a gauge of wire? Please help this newbie who needs his cloud fix, tired of spending money to get my coil rebuilt

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's always best to build & test your coils on an ohms checker but if the mod is saying 0.2 then I guess we will go with that.

That is right at the mods limit which could get the battery warmer than normal but it shouldn't get to where it's hot.
It could be that your atomizer is getting hot (it will with a 0.2 build @ 50w) and the heat is transfering to the small mod that probably doesn't take much heat soak to get hot. Box looks aluminum that transfers heat a lot faster than steel.

Try a 0.4 build, if the temps drop, its just your aty heating things up. If it's still getting hot there may be an issue with the lipo or in the wiring.

Maybe someone with experience with that mod will chime in.

Accidentfreak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you very much for the information, I'm thinking I'm just using too large of a gauge of wire, so I'm going to jump down to 24 or 26 gauge and try to build a point four.. the only reason I don't think it's the wiring in any way is because when I screw my bottom feed tank on there's no issues it works just fine. Thanks again if anybody else has any info send it my way

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just guessing, is the bottom feed tank is a higher resistance?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm with fq06 on this one, a .2 build will generate quite a bit of heat at 50 watts. I use a screw on heat sink on my drippers when I build low. They are cheap and work amazingly well. Get the copper one for best current transfer.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010809/1973502-kepler-510-finned-heat-sink-for-atomizers

1973502-3.jpg

Accidentfreak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep absolutely the ohms on the bottom feed tank 1.8.. the original build at the store I bought this from gave me in my eds was a point four .. which didn't give me any issues and I'm pretty sure that used 24 gauge wire.. so I believe we found my issue, I just need to learn to build a point 4 instead of a point 2 . I will look into this heat sink I'm not sure what that is. As I'm fairly new if you didn't realize lol maybe I should have followed in my dad's footsteps and become an electrician instead of an exterminator

VU Sponsors