Become a Patron!

box tank and batterys getting hot

flipboi15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, I know there are probably tons of threads about this but I tried searching and I didn't seem to find an answer to put my mind at peace.

I have an Evic VTC mini updated to 2.0 and a TFV4 Mini. I have the 0.3 Clapton coils running between 50-65W. Airflows on TFV4 base and the provided mouth piece are open. The batteries I am running this on are yellow MXJO 3.7V 2500MAH 35A high drain batteries. Also, I am vaping TwelveMonkeys Kanzi 3mg nic which I think are rated 80VG/20PG.

After taking 3-4 chain vapes I notice that the tank gets hot but the mod gets warm along with the batteries. Thing is, I have a Sigelei 100W for a while running a Uwell Crown on it and never experienced this problem (the tank wouldn't heat up as fast and the battery and Sig100 box never got warm) but I do have a rubber sleeve on the Sig100W. I can imagine the tank getting hot is normal but the mod and batteries is new to me.

Could it be because I'm not used to a "Mini" box device getting warm because its pretty small outputting so much power.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably you're not used to it. I usually use a dual battery mod, but tonight I have a couple of Crowns on single battery boxes, and they're getting pretty hot at 60 watts or so.

flipboi15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Probably you're not used to it. I usually use a dual battery mod, but tonight I have a couple of Crowns on single battery boxes, and they're getting pretty hot at 60 watts or so.

Thanks for the reply. I won't chain vape on it as much as I would like to keep my hands still :p

I'll have to test it out on a dual battery mod just to be sure!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply. I won't chain vape on it as much as I would like to keep my hands still :p

I'll have to test it out on a dual battery mod just to be sure!
Its just dissipating heat its not big deal .. My DNA 200 can get warm with a few puffs at around 60w my atypical non RDA vape.. dont worry about it

flipboi15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the reply guys, greatly appreciated.

Is there a sign of warning I should look out for that there's definitely a short and not just the device getting warm?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply guys, greatly appreciated.

Is there a sign of warning I should look out for that there's definitely a short and not just the device getting warm?
If there is a short most Voltage regulated mods will detect this.. I would not worry about it much typically you would either see the Ohm's jumping around it will not fire or worse sparks but thats rare for spars I am just jesting a bit... You are good to go expect all mods to get a bit warm .. In fact if I am on one of my chain vaping runs I can use most of my mods as hand warmers :)

flipboi15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If there is a short most Voltage regulated mods will detect this.. I would not worry about it much typically you would either see the Ohm's jumping around it will not fire or worse sparks but thats rare for spars I am just jesting a bit... You are good to go expect all mods to get a bit warm .. In fact if I am on one of my chain vaping runs I can use most of my mods as hand warmers :)
Thank you man,really appreciate it, that puts me at ease. These things are great for an ex-smoker but dangerous if you don't know what you are doing :p

Like I said I would like to vape knowing I can keep my hand intact! :)

Thanks again yo!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you purchase this items on ur own or
VAPE shop push this to you?

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All sub ohm tanks gets hot especially if you chain VAPE...
Ur pushing the mod to its capacity even with an update!
Dual 18650 will split the stress/voltage , and that's why sig 150 doesn't get warm with or without the sleeve....3ohms Clapton in a tank?? Why?? I know CLAPTONS are flavor coils but why fall for that GIMMICK??
CLAPTONS coils require a lot of power to ramp up, this is one contributing factor why your tank gets hot and ur mini box gets warm.
Here's MY OWN RULE OF THUMB
If my MOD gets HOT/WARM,
NO GOOD..
Again this my own rule...!!
And that's why I don't do SUBOHM TANKS!!
IMO
MXJO those are 20 amps continuous
Unless ur using a MECH MOD u ain't gonna get 35amps from that battery...

9725a02a8fde887e2440167eaf5fc783.jpg

VAPE ON

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Evic VTC mini updated to 2.0 and a TFV4 Mini. I have the 0.3 Clapton coils running between 50-65W. Airflows on TFV4 base and the provided mouth piece are open. The batteries I am running this on are yellow MXJO 3.7V 2500MAH 35A high drain batteries. Also, I am vaping TwelveMonkeys Kanzi 3mg nic which I think are rated 80VG/20PG.

After taking 3-4 chain vapes I notice that the tank gets hot but the mod gets warm along with the batteries. Thing is, I have a Sigelei 100W for a while running a Uwell Crown on it and never experienced this problem (the tank wouldn't heat up as fast and the battery and Sig100 box never got warm) but I do have a rubber sleeve on the Sig100W. I can imagine the tank getting hot is normal but the mod and batteries is new to me.

Could it be because I'm not used to a "Mini" box device getting warm because its pretty small outputting so much power.
Comparing a Sigelei 100 to a Evic VTC mini is like comparing a Cadillac to a Mazda.Yeah they both make good cars but honestly the Caddy is almost always be the better option.

flipboi15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All sub ohm tanks gets hot especially if you chain VAPE...
Ur pushing the mod to its capacity even with an update!
Dual 18650 will split the stress/voltage , and that's why sig 150 doesn't get warm with or without the sleeve....3ohms Clapton in a tank?? Why?? I know CLAPTONS are flavor coils but why fall for that GIMMICK??
CLAPTONS coils require a lot of power to ramp up, this is one contributing factor why your tank gets hot and ur mini box gets warm.
Here's MY OWN RULE OF THUMB
If my MOD gets HOT/WARM,
NO GOOD..
Again this my own rule...!!
And that's why I don't do SUBOHM TANKS!!
IMO
MXJO those are 20 amps continuous
Unless ur using a MECH MOD u ain't gonna get 35amps from that battery...

9725a02a8fde887e2440167eaf5fc783.jpg

VAPE ON

I buy my things online on my own. I bought the Uwell Crown and everything about it was great til it crapped out, you can find that thread here. Without a working tank, I decided to buy another tank at my local vape store so I don't go back to smoking cigarettes. The TFV4 is what I chose and the clapton coilhead came with it along with a trio coil.

What batteries do you recommend I use? I am also using Intelli Charger I2.....I heard personally that these chargers sometimes don't work well.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy my things online on my own. I bought the Uwell Crown and everything about it was great til it crapped out, you can find that thread here. Without a working tank, I decided to buy another tank at my local vape store so I don't go back to smoking cigarettes. The TFV4 is what I chose and the clapton coilhead came with it along with a trio coil.

What batteries do you recommend I use? I am also using Intelli Charger I2.....I heard personally that these chargers sometimes don't work well.
Samsung 25r highly recommended (green)
Going back to ur tank/mod
Tfv4 use the sig 150
If u plan to VAPE low ohms in the future, stay away from the single battery options,
When vaping always consider ohms law,
Know ur battery, know ur mod and know ur coils, put all those into consideration...
And if ur tank gets too hot STOP!!!
Ur mod gets warm STOP and change batteries, or try a different set up...
I have the same charger, I don't have any problem!SAFETY IS A MUST..

VAPE ON

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Battery = Sony VTC4
Charger = You already have a good charger,with that being said if you want to be able to charge 4 batteries at once then get an EFEST LUC V4.

VU Sponsors