Become a Patron!

Boxer mod nylon plastic

Justice Kang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am a bit obsessed with the boxer mod being offered over at ginger vaper. It is a dual 18650 sx350j mod which would fit my vaping needs perfectly. The only hesitation I am having is whether the material it is made out of will hold up over time. From what I read it is a nylon plastic that is 3d printed. Anyone have any experience with this type of material in regards to stain or wear resistance?

Justice Kang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the input. With the material you are familiar with is the dye applied to the surface or is it in the actual layers of the material as it prints? Just wondering if it got scuffed whether it would be some base color or the same continued dyed color?

Justice Kang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the resource. I am very unfamiliar with 3d printing in general so this helps. Any other resources you think would be helpful to understand it better is much appreciated

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a boxer. It has hit the ground once and survived from hip height.

It is extremely lightweight. It feels good in hand. I like the rugged look. It is smaller than I had imagined it would be.

I got it as the kit. What a chore to fit into the box where ever square millimeter is used.

Received my boxer today. Bought it already assembled. I really like it. It is very light weight and batteries last forever. My only complaint would be the battery cover. I wish the magnets were a little stronger. It doesn't come off or anything, but seems kind of flimsy for a $250 mood. All things considered, I find it to be an excellent mod.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Justice Kang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just received mine today as well. The only issue I have, that is a bit subjective, is the fire button is really stiff. Nice click but very short throw on it that requires a lot of pressure in my opinion. Anyone else have this issue or is it just mine? I received this preassembled.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received mine today as well. The only issue I have, that is a bit subjective, is the fire button is really stiff. Nice click but very short throw on it that requires a lot of pressure in my opinion. Anyone else have this issue or is it just mine? I received this preassembled.

I love the pressure required to fire. I'd worry about misfires if it was lighter.

Justice Kang

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the pressure required to fire. I'd worry about misfires if it was lighter.
Good point. For me the perfect fire button is the sx mini. Just has the right balance of tension and clickiness.

Good point. For me the perfect fire button is the sx mini. Just has the right balance of tension and clickiness.
I like the pressure, but would like a little deeper throw. I totally agree that my sx mini fire button seems the most perfect.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ive messed with skit of different products with that material. It's sturdy and should hold up well. Ive almost pulled the trigger on that mod a few times myself knowing the material, I would say it shouldn't give you any issues at all.

VU Sponsors