Become a Patron!

Boy was i wrong! Crown II SS Coils

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a very long time I could not get the SS Coils in the Crown II to work. I finally got the TCR right. The production and flavor is 5x NI200! This is like a RBA for real. Have to let it sit to prime or rotten taste at first. Other than that, no looking back now! It is odd I was sure they were very sub par and now that I figured it out it is off the chain., Does not get nearly as hot either. I have the latest coils with the Yellow band. Let's see how long they last now. Otherwise not looking back. Glad to be rid of NI200 due to health concerns getting it red hot.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This makes me wanna try SS. Might make a stop at the vape shop because of this, LOL

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, Apparently my former sentiment holds true. Used it an hour last night. The production and flavor after it broke in were super. I went to sleep after i posted this. I just picked it up for the first time today. Nothing but funk taste and 1/4 of the production last night. I do not think it is SS. I think Uwell coils suck! To get it going real nice I had it at 80W and 540F. It did not burn the cotton, just Funk. That is up to 12V though. So I may have blown the coil. The thing is less than that it sucks. So these coils are fun for an hour. I am pretty sure these coils just suck. This shop says they have SS coils for the TFV8 I can try. AFAIK there are no SS coils for the TFV8. If there are I am expecting it to be a lot better. Otherwise I need some other tank. I do not know which one to get? No one is making NI200 coils anymore. They were great for me. Getting them red hot is very bad for my health though. So I would like to use SS. I do not know which tank to get. So you guy's understand me, I want RBA level performance. Tanks today can do it. The Crown II does it with the NI200 coils but not with the SS. Stumped? Please help guy's!

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
12 Volts?! Dude I vape around 4-4.5, and then it starts to get intense.

That's gotta be your problem man.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are no Crown II Ni coils, you want Ni for the Crown II, go to Uwell's site and order Ni Rafael .1 Ni coils, change out the bottom connector with the newer Crown II coils.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapin4joy, that is exactly what i do! I wanted to get away from NI200 since i get it red hot and that can be a serious health hazard. I do not get this SS coil. It works when cold then quickly does not work. The thing is if I put less temp and watts i get nothing out of it anyways. With this high volts I get a great vape for like a few minutes than have to wait an hour. Yes, i am sure putting 12 volts into it is my problem. However at like 4 volts it is like an ego stick. I just do not understand this. Realistically, yes it should be on like 4 volts say 30 watts and 450F. The problem is it does not work then! This is absurd. I know I am doing something wrong but I do not know what. I also know this works fine for many people. So it is me screwing up but I just do not understand what the heck I am doing wrong. This is nuts. I put that coil in at 12 volts and of course I was like a Dragon. I bet I blew the coil. I have tried a new coil at 30 watts and 450f and no production or taste. BTW, I love that picture of AE.

Changed Typo letter in Albert Einstein from AI, to AE LOL.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See Uwell's coils just suck. This is a known fact. I just need a recommendation for a different Sub Ohm tank. I get 5ML of crap taste(maybe poison) followed by 5ML great vape, Then dead coil.

Edit: perhaps I had a dud coil. I am doing good on a new one. See how long it lasts. The last one finally failed with burnt Cotton. The problem is I have to run these way too high to get any Flavor/Production. I should be at like 40W and 450F. I am in fact at 80W and 540F. that is sure to prematurely killthese coils.they are .25 not the .1 NI200.

BTW, the stock NIU200 base has more airflow than the Bullet bottom. The Bullet directs airflow not increases it. I found the NI200 is best left as is. Still, I want to get away from it due to healthy concerns. Which is obviously why no one is offering it on new tanks. Strange China cares about our health though.

Last edited:

Stringplucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was under the impression that Crown coils, even the Crown II variety, were still using Nickel legs...which would be causing the problem.

When I bought my Crown II, I went to their website and bought the RBA head for it, which is an improvement over the RBA head for the first variation. I build it with SS and have absolutely no issue with flavor or vape. Wicking takes a little to get used to, but it's doable. I haven't rewicked mine in months, and only use it while I'm out and about town, running errands.

My daughter uses the stock coils in her VW mod at no more than 50W, and can get a couple of weeks use, depending on her vape needs at the time.

VU Sponsors