Become a Patron!

Brand New Council of Vapor Phoenix & Ceramic Coils

VapeMChance

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So Council of Vapor announced there new Phoenix tank coming in stores within the next few weeks. This thing looks pretty serious it's supposed to be designed as a high heat/ big cloud tank. They recommend 50 watts minimum to 120 watts for there new 0.5 ohm Ceramic Coil. They are planning on having a bunch of new coils coming out. (finally) Anyway I wanted to post it to see what you're guys thoughts on this new tank are...personally I love my COV products especially my Vengeance tank I went from the Aspire Atlantis V2 directly to the Vengeance and it blew me away with its vapor production and air flow. They only down side has been the coils don't last that long... the vengeance currently comes with a 0.2 ohm Parallel SS coil and it does have great vapor production, but sometimes my coil will actually only last two to three days if I'm only using that tank.

Anyway what are your thoughts? Also whats the opinions on Ceramic Coils? COV posted a video on there youtube channel about why ceramic is better, but it was clearly a selling video and I simply don't trust it; if I remember correctly the original Atlantis had ceramic coils and they stopped using them because everyone was worried about the safety aspect of them.

COV Phoenix.jpg

Random

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I couldn't find much on this tank.Not sure I like the air holes being at the top.It may work just fine.Just wondering how the airflow is directed through/around the coil.At first glance it doesn't appear that airflow even goes around the coil but rather across the top of the chimney and possibly across the very top of the coil.I hope there is more going on here than first appears.I'm going to have to wait for a review so I can see more of the internals.Tank looks nice though.

Last edited:

Random

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sold on Ceramic coils.My concern is based on,what happens when the coil breaks down?You inhale the ceramic dust. What is going to stop this from happening?With coils going from hot to cold through many cycles,they will break down.(your coffe cup is glazed so no ceramic dust)will the flavor fade first or become to gunked up to use and you change them before they break down?lots of questions need answering.Maybe someone who uses ceramics regularly has these answers already.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't trust them (COV), bought a Typhoon, great .5 coil. The only problem they could not be found after 3-4 months of introduction.

Random

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That certainly would make buying their products hard,if you can't find the coils.I'm assuming another coil won't fit?(perhaps another brand) or are they like crown coils,you buy crown coils or nothing.I hope Uwell doesn't quit making coils anytime soon.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That certainly would make buying their products hard,if you can't find the coils.I'm assuming another coil won't fit?(perhaps another brand) or are they like crown coils,you buy crown coils or nothing.I hope Uwell doesn't quit making coils anytime soon.
The Typhoon would take Nautilus coils, problem was, Typhoon .5, Nautilus only available in, I think 1.8 maybe 1.2. Defeated at the time why I bought the Typhoon. I can't answer about their new offerings, I don't do COV.

VapeMChance

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Typhoon would take Nautilus coils, problem was, Typhoon .5, Nautilus only available in, I think 1.8 maybe 1.2. Defeated at the time why I bought the Typhoon. I can't answer about their new offerings, I don't do COV.[/QU

That really is unfortunate, but it's not the first issue like that I've heard from COV...actually I called customer service because they're supposed to be sending me a new chuff cap for my royal hunter and they told me that I had to wait a few weeks before I would get it because everyone from the office went to Las Vegas for a Convention and there was no one left at the main office to send anything out!?!?!?! hahahahahah I just laughed it is what it is in this early vape industry..I just like their products and they are a good price usually.

Koki

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm giving it a shot. Bought one last night.
So far reviews are positive.

I like the idea of not having to swap out coils.

Koki

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
about 3 weeks in, same coil, no problem. vaping at 65 watts, so far so good.

This tank drinks juice though.

25940189294_ab9111432f_c.jpg

VU Sponsors