Become a Patron!

Brand new Smok Hpriv. Broken

Made a horrible mistake tonight by loading my batteries in wrong and hitting the fire button for literally less than a second. Now the screen won't even power up. I'm now wondering whether or not the batteries went or the whole mod went. A little disappointed in Smok if they put out a brand new model (came out less than 3 weeks ago), and didn't make it reverse protected. Does anything have any recommendations on which it could be? I put the batteries on the charger and the charging indicator appeared and said they were charged so this leads me to believe tat it may be the mod. However I don't kow much about vented batteries and if this could actually be the cause. Anyone have any ideas? It'd be greatly appreciated

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like MOSFET went out. You may want to contact Smok for customer service. They might repair or ship you a new replacement. If you've not opened the mod up & it is still warrantied. MOSFETs can go out even if you're doing it all right. Companies sometimes use the cheapest batch they can pull to save $$.

Does not sound like a venting. You would have known if it were a venting.

2016-05-06-17_57_127729.jpg

Seems these are particular to put in as far as batteries. Looks like they're running parallel. I have so far only used mods that use a single battery, or internals. That may be why too, over complicating things.

VU Sponsors