Become a Patron!

Breath Shortness

Hilfiger

Member For 4 Years
Well after many years of smoking I decided to vape. Today it's 16 days since my last cigarette. And I don't looking back after those disgusting cigarettes.

I vape 80%VG. For the first couple days it was perfect. But the last 3 days I need to clearing my throat. Yesterday and today I was walking on a bridge like I always did. When I was half way on the bridge I got breath Shortness. Also coughing and clearing throat. My legs was also tired. I just felt tired.

When I smoked I never had this.

Do you guys also have these side effects?

I vape 80%VG because I can't tolerate PG. If I go higher in PG I got something like flu and back pain.

I really hope this will go away. I don't want to get back to cigarettes.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That sounds like your lungs clearing out from your years of smoking or due to it being spring and seasonal allergies. But the best course of action is for you to see a Doctor and have yourself checked out by a professional and not rely on the Internet for a Diagnosis.

Good Luck and congratulations on quitting the Killer Sticks

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VG is thick vapor. Especially for converters. I added 20% distilled water to 100% VG. I learned this from Flavourart. They call it Velvet Cloud e liquid. It's much easier on the lungs.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DETOX BRO..
That normal
Adjust, listen to ur body
You should be good to go,
There's nobody stopping you if you smoke again, that's up to u bro,
You have us here if you any question
Don't let up
And drink a lot of WATER
SOUNDS LIKE YOU DEHYDRATED
And try lowering ur NICOTINE...
Nicotine is a VASOCONSTRICTOR..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hilfiger

Member For 4 Years
It's 6mg nicotine. 0.5ohm running on 20w mouth to lounge.

Is it OK or am I messing around?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you've only been off cigs for 16 days, lowering your nic isn't really a great idea. I would say it's the extreme amount of VG, but if you can't handle PG, then that leaves only thinning the VG with either distilled water or pure grain alcohol (golden grain or everclear). The water will keep the vape smooth; the alcohol will accentuate the throat-hit tingle.

And yeah, it has a LOT to do with detoxing from cigarettes -- there is a LOT of poison in those things, and now that you aren't smoking, your body is throwing it off -- it might even start feeling a bit like having the flu -- body aches, headache, general irritability. This sort of thing may go on for quite a while, maybe up to 90 days... it's just a stage in the process of getting free of coffin nails. Vaping doesn't *remove* it, it just makes it easier to stick to the commitment to quit.

Hang tough! And yeah, consulting a doc isn't a bad idea at all -- smoking masks a lot of problems, which now might be revealed.

Andria

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you've only been off cigs for 16 days, lowering your nic isn't really a great idea. I would say it's the extreme amount of VG, but if you can't handle PG, then that leaves only thinning the VG with either distilled water or pure grain alcohol (golden grain or everclear). The water will keep the vape smooth; the alcohol will accentuate the throat-hit tingle.

And yeah, it has a LOT to do with detoxing from cigarettes -- there is a LOT of poison in those things, and now that you aren't smoking, your body is throwing it off -- it might even start feeling a bit like having the flu -- body aches, headache, general irritability. This sort of thing may go on for quite a while, maybe up to 90 days... it's just a stage in the process of getting free of coffin nails. Vaping doesn't *remove* it, it just makes it easier to stick to the commitment to quit.

Hang tough! And yeah, consulting a doc isn't a bad idea at all -- smoking masks a lot of problems, which now might be revealed.

Andria
I'm assuming since he started 6mg
Op wasn't a pack or 2 a day smoker

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm assuming since he started 6mg
Op wasn't a pack or 2 a day smoker

Bad to assume that -- I was a pk-or-more a day smoker, and started at 6mg, because 12mg made me nauseous as hell. I vape 5mg now, but when I first started, not sure I could have kept at it, using less than 6mg.

But the most important thing to realize is that just because thus-and-such didn't happen when you smoked, DOESN'T mean that vaping is causing it... it's more likely the LACK OF SMOKING causing it! Once you're not taking in those toxins anymore, your body throws a party and says woohoo now I can get rid of this shit! Which causes its own problems.

Andria

Hilfiger

Member For 4 Years
When I was a smoker I smoked 8 to 10 cigarettes a day. Regular Camel with filter. For 3 months ago my doctor send me to a lung function test. It came back normal (thank God) .

Actually I started with 3mg nicotine. That was not enough for me. 6mg is fine. And I vape around 4ml a day. So I don't think I am overdosing my body with nicotine.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was a smoker I smoked 8 to 10 cigarettes a day. Regular Camel with filter. For 3 months ago my doctor send me to a lung function test. It came back normal (thank God) .

Actually I started with 3mg nicotine. That was not enough for me. 6mg is fine. And I vape around 4ml a day. So I don't think I am overdosing my body with nicotine.

Sounds like you're doing well, then -- I was a pk-ish (sometimes less, usually more) per day smoker, started at 6mg because of the nausea -- because i was vaping CONSTANTLY at first -- probably 8-10ml a day, even with the piddly lil devices I used then.

But yeah, the VG is really thick, so it leaves a thick coating on your airway walls -- analogy: thick paint vs. thin paint -- thin paint dries really fast; thick paint takes forever -- thin ejuice, high-PG, the body can get rid of quickly, so you don't feel any "residue" in your lungs. Thick ejuice, high-VG, leaves that thick coating, and the lungs have a hard time getting rid of it -- especially when you're so recent a quitter and your lungs still have cigarette tar they're trying to get rid of. Try thinning the ejuice with 5% distilled water; if it's still a problem, try 10%. If you really want throat-hit (the tingle), the pure grain alcohol might be a better choice.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you were getting too much Nicotine you would know it as one of the signs is a headache or upset stomach. When I quit my PAD Marlboro Red habot I was using Cig-A-Likes at 18MG to 24MG and when I went to a MOD I was using mainly 6MG with an occasional blast of 18MG. Once I started DIY I immediately cut that to 3MG and have stuck there with still an occasional spike of higher nicotine in my tank but that is getting to be so rare it isn't a consideration any longer. Maybe next round of DIY I should mix a batch of high octane in case I need a kick in the ass one day or I will be forced to buy some e-Liquid! LMAO

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bad to assume that -- I was a pk-or-more a day smoker, and started at 6mg, because 12mg made me nauseous as hell. I vape 5mg now, but when I first started, not sure I could have kept at it, using less than 6mg.

But the most important thing to realize is that just because thus-and-such didn't happen when you smoked, DOESN'T mean that vaping is causing it... it's more likely the LACK OF SMOKING causing it! Once you're not taking in those toxins anymore, your body throws a party and says woohoo now I can get rid of this shit! Which causes its own problems.

Andria
Well I went and look at THE OPS
History
And I conclude he's
FULL OF SHIT!!!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't waste ur time commenting on this thread, OP is FOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Save it

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's difficult to tell apart symptoms, during the initial period: they may be related to not smoking and/or to vaping, and there's no easy way to tell which is which.
Out of personal experience I'd say your symptoms should belong to the 'quit smoking' category, your body reacting and adjusting to a new situation, but I'm not an MD.
I also suspect you currently might be low on nicotine, compared to smoking, hence the increased fatigue.
Try with 9mg/ml... don't buy a gallon of it, just a small bottle to see if that helps some.
Last attempt: try further reducing PG in your mix, like 80/10/10 (VG/PG/water), or even removing PG altogether (90VG/10 water, or even 80/20)
If all the above fails, please see a doctor.. they're the only ones able to properly assess what's going on with you.

I quit smoking and started vaping BLUCIGS a year and a half ago. I have been experiencing an increasing shortness of breath. My doctor ran a CT scan and diagnosed me with emphysema. Will my symptoms ease up if I quit vaping?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I quit smoking and started vaping BLUCIGS a year and a half ago. I have been experiencing an increasing shortness of breath. My doctor ran a CT scan and diagnosed me with emphysema. Will my symptoms ease up if I quit vaping?

Possibly. Or you might try vaping with a high percentage of PG, rather than a moderate PG/Vg mix -- my asthmatic shortness of breath prevents me from vaping anything with more than 15% VG, and I do better with even less -- lately I've been mixing/vaping about 87% PG. If I vape any more VG than that, it feels like I have a hairball in my chest that I can't cough up no matter how hard I try.

Another possibility might be, vaping with a higher nicotine level, so that you vape less frequently to stay satisfied. Anytime my asthma seems to get out of hand, I know it's probably because I'm vaping too often -- I try to stick to 5ml or less per day; if I vape any more than that, my breathing gets a lot worse.

Andria

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have emphysema and copd. I had go to 50/50 at 12mg and that works for me. You are going to cough up alot of junk for a while. Good luck.

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Same situation here....had CT scan last week with same results.....

VU Sponsors