Become a Patron!

Brick and Motor Stores - EVERYWHERE!

Luke49783

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone else noticed brick and motor vape shops popping up seemingly everywhere lately?

I live in a town of about 30k people, and work in a city of about 300k people not far away. In my town, there are at least 4 shops that I know of, one that I just noticed today. And in the city where I work, it seems like I see or read about a new one every week! As a friend just commented to me, they're becoming like mattress stores (which we suddenly have TONS of for some reason).

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see see vaping taking off in my area, but what I don't notice is that many people actually vaping. Every now and then I'll spot someone, but I just don't see how the market isn't heavily over-saturated already.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same in my town, when I started vaping, there was 1 vape shop, and that was only 18 months ago, now there is between 15-20 vape shops and a new one opening every month, there is one owner who has done really well and now has 5 shops dotted around, but when visited some of the others, never very busy and most times I am the only 1 in there.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New one's weekly where I live or it at least seems like it.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I love the shops popping up in my area!!! They originate from my friend in "Kalamazoo" michigan... :D

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There seems to be over 100 vape shops in the greater St Louis area now. 99 of them need to close.

Last edited:

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I mean truthfully... I'm happy if a new vape shop pops up in my area, I always check out the new ones... But if I enter into one and see Super High Prices, I'll buy a few little things & leave (I NEVER Go Back).... I'm ok with Vape Shops that are polite,helpful & decent prices...I HATE so called Vape Shops that are unpleasant,high prices & seem to be in it for the $$$ not helping vapers!!! It's like "oh look vaping is a "big" money maker, I'm gonna open a store & high price my stuff to make lots of $$$$", it's bullshit!!! :cool:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I mean truthfully... I'm happy if a new vape shop pops up in my area, I always check out the new ones... But if I enter into one and see Super High Prices, I'll buy a few little things & leave (I NEVER Go Back).... I'm ok with Vape Shops that are polite,helpful & decent prices...I HATE so called Vape Shops that are unpleasant,high prices & seem to be in it for the $$$ not helping vapers!!! It's like "oh look vaping is a "big" money maker, I'm gonna open a store & high price my stuff to make lots of $$$$", it's bullshit!!! :cool:
I am ridiculously loyal to 510 Vapers here in St Louis. Not only do they sell every bloody thing imagineable....but if you are new to vaping....it's like attending vape university. He has the largest store in the Midwest....in house lab (enormous)....hosts cloud comps and vape meets....has a "Vapes 4 Vets" PIF programme...and a staff that you want to take home to mum. No elitists allowed....you want authentics, he has them. Wild about clones, he has them.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I am ridiculously loyal to 510 Vapers here in St Louis. Not only do they sell every bloody thing imagineable....but if you are new to vaping....it's like attending vape university. He has the largest store in the Midwest....in house lab (enormous)....hosts cloud comps and vape meets....has a "Vapes 4 Vets" PIF programme...and a staff that you want to take home to mum. No elitists allowed....you want authentics, he has them. Wild about clones, he has them.
Hmmm.... maybe in the spring I'll have to visit there :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went back to my home town last weekend.. and literally there are 3 vape shops within walking distance.. and another 4 across the next town over.. It's crazyness.. but also a good thing.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A lot of people looking to make money while they can. This is exactly why tobacco and pharma are doing their best to kill it. They see all that money going into the pockets of small business that for the most part used to go in theirs and it galls them mightily.

Luke49783

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love the shops popping up in my area!!! They originate from my friend in "Kalamazoo" michigan... :D

Ha! Actually, I'm not that far from Kalamazoo, 45 minutes to an hour. I've stopped at the KVS location in Grand Rapids, they're one of the best shops in the area. I haven't had any of their juice, though I keep meaning to stop and get some next time I go by. I remember first hearing their ads on the radio probably 5 years ago, having no idea what vaping and e-cigs were.

Luke49783

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see shops popping up. I check some of them out. Some are great (Kalamazoo Vapor Shop, Mister-E's) with a good selection of gear for everyone from the new vapor to those who are more advanced. What I don't like are the ones that are just there for the sake of getting into the market. I stopped at one in my town back in the spring to check it out. Had my Nemesis clone with Atomic clone in hand. They only had their store brand of liquids, made for them by some place in Florida. We tried them and bought a couple of bottles. They were alright in a Mini ProTank, horrid in a dripper though. Got talking to the guy running the shop and realized that I knew way more about vaping than he did.

Upside was they had a 20% off sale going and got a good price on a Sigelei Legend for my wife, I won't go back though.

The guy said he didn't know how to build, which didn't give me much confidence in anything else he had to say.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What I love the most about Mike who owns 510 is that the majority of his profit comes from his 15 lines of premium juice, mods, rebuildables and supplies, and his enormous league of builders and cloud comp faithful......but if someone new, or someone who just prefers stick batts and clearos comes in, they get the very same amount of help and attention as the rest of us.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can't throw a stick around me without hitting a vape shop. Some good some bad. There is a store just up the road from 510 that sells used as new. Buyer beware.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You can't throw a stick around me without hitting a vape shop. Some good some bad. There is a store just up the road from 510 that sells used as new. Buyer beware.
Mike does not take in used hardware unless it is going into Stan's PIF box. Of this I am 100% certain.

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you really revive a thread that had no posts for 2 years and 3 months just to say someone is a poopy pants?

Are you sure you want to know what we think?

VU Sponsors