Become a Patron!

Bricked GX 350

Hello, new member and fairly new to vaping. I recently purchased the Smok GX350 and really like it. Today while I was scrolling through the menus trying to learn what was where I inadvertently hit the update firmware. It wasn't plugged into a computer or anything, but now it wont turn on.
Did I brick it? Is it really that easy to mess up?

Anything I can do to get it back? Appreciate any help.

-sanscritt

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would really like to say yes, but I wasn't that smart. Appreciate the quick reply and absence of reference to the obvious dumbass question on my part.
That fixed it.
Definitely don't look at it that way.
Many times with trouble shooting we've all looked over the path if least resistance.
Glad you're back to vaping.
Enjoy.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would really like to say yes, but I wasn't that smart. Appreciate the quick reply and absence of reference to the obvious dumbass question on my part.
That fixed it.
For the most part we are generally nicer than that, but if I may be a smartass for just a second.... Dumbass!! :teehee::teehee: Just playing with ya ;) I do it to my fiance all the time and don't mean it in a mean way at all. :teehee::teehee::teehee: you can :finger: flip me off if ya wanna :p:p

Hey all!
So my I just bricked my GX350 by trying to update with the wrong firmware (I'm not that smart either :p). I tried removing the batteries and putting them back in multiple times and still nothing happens. I know the batteries are good. If i can get it on then I can load the correct firmware this time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
-TY

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Hey all!
So my I just bricked my GX350 by trying to update with the wrong firmware (I'm not that smart either :p). I tried removing the batteries and putting them back in multiple times and still nothing happens. I know the batteries are good. If i can get it on then I can load the correct firmware this time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
-TY

Look for information on a chip reset for that mod. I know you could do it with the AL85, maybe this one as well. Good luck.

VU Sponsors