Bringing an old nemesis mod back to life

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using a twist battery and pyrex tank for a good while now, but its time to upgrade. I was given a nemesis tube, battery charger and some 3mg red liquorice (100% vg). I ordered an efest 1600mah battery and 100 ft of 26g kanthal on eBay. I wasn't able to afford any atty's, but someone here is helping me out with that. They're sending me a couple clone rda's and a kayfun lite plus, which is more than I feel I need but I am very grateful and will try to make use of everything or pif what I don't end up using. I don't have an ohm checker yet, but I'm going to a local shop for some help learning how to build, and they said they would read my coils. I figure I should be able to build enough while I'm there to last me a little while till I can afford an ohm reader.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp as a guideline. However, since you don't have an Ohm meter, it's kind of risky, 'cause the Ohm meter doesn't just tell you the resistance of your build, but it also lets you know, if there's a short, which can be a major problem on the Nemesis (worse case, battery blowing up).

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the link. I do have a multimeter. It's a cheapo so its not accurate enough to read ohms but it can check continuity, so I will know if there is a short or not. I will check my atty's for continuity regularly. Thanks for the tip about that.

VU Sponsors