Become a Patron!

Broadside clone, first mech, questions!

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So I just tossed in a cheap battery that I had laying around and built a 0.02ohm build.......

But seriously. I have a few questions. I ordered a broadside from fasttech, finally got it today, and instead of broadside, it says admiral on the bottom. Could I have lucked out and gotten the admiral by mistake or do you think they just grabbed one from the parts bin and threw it together?

Next question, I'm running a .25 build (single coil clapton) and a vtc5a. How can I get a warmer vape without going too low of a resistance?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
, and instead of broadside, it says admiral

lol :p

985.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
pretty sure broadside is the name of the company and admiral is the name of the mod.

edit: I was wrong. Looks like they're the same tube design but the Broadside holds an 18650 battery and the admiral holds a 20700. Did you get an extra ring that says broadside? I think they might just be including the 18650 sleeve and you throw whatever ring you want on it and it turns into the mod you want lol.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
pretty sure broadside is the name of the company and admiral is the name of the mod.

edit: I was wrong. Looks like they're the same tube design but the Broadside holds an 18650 battery and the admiral holds a 20700. Did you get an extra ring that says broadside? I think they might just be including the 18650 sleeve and you throw whatever ring you want on it and it turns into the mod you want lol.
The name of the brand is BJ Box Mods. There also exists an authentic Broadside tube mod that holds two 26650 batteries... officially it's called The 99 by Vapergate, but it's actually a collaboration between Vapergate and BJ Box Mods. See:

https://vapergate.com/index.php/new/hardware/the99.html

https://bjboxmods.com/product/the-99-by-vapergate

I bought this mod fairly soon after it came out... it's a big clunky mod alright, but I do like it, and like it A LOT.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The name of the brand is BJ Box Mods. There also exists an authentic Broadside tube mod that holds two 26650 batteries... officially it's called The 99 by Vapergate, but it's actually a collaboration between Vapergate and BJ Box Mods. See:

https://vapergate.com/index.php/new/hardware/the99.html

https://bjboxmods.com/product/the-99-by-vapergate

I bought this mod fairly soon after it came out... it's a big clunky mod alright, but I do like it, and like it A LOT.

I'm still a little confused lol. But the research I did led me to discover how cheap a broadside is. Might have to grab an authentic some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I just tossed in a cheap battery that I had laying around and built a 0.02ohm build.......

But seriously. I have a few questions. I ordered a broadside from fasttech, finally got it today, and instead of broadside, it says admiral on the bottom. Could I have lucked out and gotten the admiral by mistake or do you think they just grabbed one from the parts bin and threw it together?

Next question, I'm running a .25 build (single coil clapton) and a vtc5a. How can I get a warmer vape without going too low of a resistance?

Dos the delrin inside pull out? If so you have lucked out and got a admiral....even the clones are decent...loved the brass clone so much I bought every clone and then 3 authentic...still use them every day for over a year now....love them

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Delrin sleeve does pull out, and it seems to be more of an adapter due to the extra length and metal nipple on the bottom.

So I might could look into a couple of 20700 batteries to dedicate to this beauty?
2ee2da84232ba5901185d49be2f5b6ed.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Delrin sleeve does pull out, and it seems to be more of an adapter due to the extra length and metal nipple on the bottom.

So I might could look into a couple of 20700 batteries to dedicate to this beauty?
2ee2da84232ba5901185d49be2f5b6ed.jpg

Its a Admiral then, the tube comes out so you can use 20700, and use the sleeve for 18650s.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up the Broadside clone from Fasttech, and Ray is right, It's a great little tube. Looking to get the Admiral clone next.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My clone came with a ring that says admiral and one that says broadside. My 18650 sleeve is hollow. It doesnt have the pin on the bottom like yours does. I love it though. Probably the hardest hitting mech i have. Most of the other are arcing and pissing me off

Evileclipse

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I purchased the broadside clone from fasttech, and got it 3 weeks ago. If yours is the infinite made version, it is indeed the admiral with delrin sleeve for 18650/20700 batteries. I have quite a few tubes and this thing is the best quality construction of all of them. The finish is incredibly smooth and resistant to fingerprints/patina build up. I still have mods that I prefer the hit off of, but nothing comes close to the fit and finish. Even better than all of my authentic mods. I hope you enjoy it!

VU Sponsors