gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Wow!
@bx10r sent me a link to this thread, I had never seen it before today.
Now I feel bad even making a deal with this guy.
Even though the deal was completed today I would have never dealt with him had I seen this first.
I do have another deal open with him in a trade, I have sent him a couple of clones in trade for a clone Purge he had listed.
He is supposed to ship on Monday but after all this that probably won't happen and if it doesn't it serves me right.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So an incident that involved Steve, then. I can see how a Steve incident was born from that.

giphy.gif

Such professionalism from the Staff....................

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow!
Even though the deal was completed today I would have never dealt with him had I seen this first.
I do have another deal open with him in a trade, I have sent him a couple of clones in trade for a clone Purge here had listed.
He is supposed to ship on Monday but after all this that probably won't happen and if it doesn't it serves me right.
Fingers crosses..cause any1 that can screw u over...is a dirtbag

Sent from a very cloudy room

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wow!
I do have another deal open with him in a trade, I have sent him a couple of clones in trade for a clone Purge here had listed.
No worries Gadget. You're a deal man... noone can fault you for that! ;)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow!
If you didn’t make a deal with him as Brophmantooth, you probably wouldn’t have known. No one knew until yesterday. He really did seem on the up and up.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW! I just got home and see this thanks to @debinnv tagging me. He bought a bunch of the stuff I'd had up for sale and other than the first incident Deb related the "magically" appeared everything thing else went smooth. Payed quick. OF course there was never anything traded just sold outright.

I guess I'm too trusting and very naive and I thought he was a genuinely good dude.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's one thing about trades. People come in, have to start, somehow, to gather positive feedback, and someone bravely steps in to help them out with that, or just didn't pay attention. But all of us take that chance somewhere. Granted, we've all become really familiar with each other, or someone vouches for another, so it can be tricky.

Now this guy, here he comes in just drooling and seething over the hardware area, and is crazy enough to give people the same damn info he gave as before. Not everyone dealt with him, so those people got seriously lucky they received their stuff, this go 'round. But did he really think that people wouldn't remember??

I do hope that outstanding exchanges get settled, so good luck to you @gadget! and anyone else.

giphy.gif

Such professionalism from the Staff....................
Nice nail polish, Steve.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WOW! I just got home and see this thanks to @debinnv tagging me. He bought a bunch of the stuff I'd had up for sale and other than the first incident Deb related the "magically" appeared everything thing else went smooth. Payed quick. OF course there was never anything traded just sold outright.

I guess I'm too trusting and very naive and I thought he was a genuinely good dude.
You weren’t the only one.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow!
I disagree, it does NOT serve you right at all my friend. You are probably one of the most trusting and generous people I know. And God love you for that. You don't deserve to be screwed over. Well, none of us do but ya. you know what I mean. Doesn't serve you right. I hope I am making sense when I say that :)

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@DonBaldy I guess my gut feeling was correct all along. Wolves are tricky and sneaky critters. Fortunately we have enough Sheepdogs amongst us to hopefully catch the majority of them. @wildgypsy70 welcome to the world of the dogs. :) Next time I will continue to search when my gut tells me something is off. Sneaky little bastard started playing good. Threw me off. Back when the so called missing packages happened I did start searching as you know, but really didn't find much. Sometimes you hit and sometimes you don't. Luck of the draw.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Guys, and I hope I don't get screamed at as I know a lot of us do not like the "other" place but he is over there and just posted a few minutes ago. Do you think any of the mods over there should be alerted? There are still decent people there yes? I would hate to see them get taken in by this POS??

Looks like he just became a member today. oh ya, it's him. Posting pictures of the same mod he was using today or yesterday

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Guys, and I hope I don't get screamed at as I know a lot of us do not like the "other" place but he is over there and just posted a few minutes ago. Do you think any of the mods over there should be alerted? There are still decent people there yes? I would hate to see them get taken in by this POS??

Looks like he just became a member today. oh ya, it's him. Posting pictures of the same mod he was using today or yesterday

You have to do whatever it is you feel is best form your own moral perspective.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No, I'm not going to try and alert them as I got into a pissing match years ago with one of the mods. They are not going to listen to anything I say :) I just wanted to bring it to light is all. If in the event anyone here has friends there and see's a possible scam starting, they can choose if they want to alert that person.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
No, I'm not going to try and alert them as I got into a pissing match years ago with one of the mods. They are not going to listen to anything I say :) I just wanted to bring it to light is all. If in the event anyone here has friends there and see's a possible scam starting, they can choose if they want to alert that person.

He'll never make it through their application process to be able to post or even look at their classies, lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I could link over there from here I would. I have no standing there to be the one to bring this up. Unless he starts something. Then I would feel like I had to.

Not saying any of you guys should either. Just thought it was interesting.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I could link over here from there I would. I have no standing there to be the one to bring this up. Unless he starts something. Then I would feel like I had to.

Not saying any of you guys should either. Just thought it was interesting.
You can link here, but our name, hell Joe's name is blocked their.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I tried everything the other day for a different reason and they have a hard block on anything VU, including urls. I found that out by trying to lift a timestamp link from here.
That's mature. Type in "vapor Joe" and watch what happens

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I disagree, it does NOT serve you right at all my friend. You are probably one of the most trusting and generous people I know. And God love you for that. You don't deserve to be screwed over. Well, none of us do but ya. you know what I mean. Doesn't serve you right. I hope I am making sense when I say that :)
It's weird because all of my dealings with him were nice and smooth. Always paid quickly and except for that first time. I'd like to think that it was a simple mistake, but it could have also him being called out.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's weird because all of my dealings with him were nice and smooth. Always paid quickly and except for that first time. I'd like to think that it was a simple mistake, but it could have also him being called out.
Try not to feel bad, there was a pattern and it started to surface again, quickly. Believe me @wildgypsy70 made damn sure, and it was verified with several people. We don't often ban people, and we're never, ever quick to do so.

It's not just about removing someone with bad patterns, but also about protecting our membership when we know something bad is going down. No, we don't normally interfere when it comes to the Trading Post, but this was necessary. I can really only ever recall that happening one time, besides this guy.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try not to feel bad, there was a pattern and it started to surface again, quickly. Believe me @wildgypsy70 made damn sure, and it was verified with several people. We don't often ban people, and we're never, ever quick to do so.

It's not just about removing someone with bad patterns, but also about protecting our membership when we know something bad is going down. No, we don't normally interfere when it comes to the Trading Post, but this was necessary. I can really only ever recall that happening one time, besides this guy.
Believe me I'm not questioning the decisions that were made.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
He must have wanted a bunch in one fell swoop when he tried to get a PIF box going [which would have disappeared in the mail] under the first nic.
Ya hafta watch out for those wild gypsies. They're all fun and stuff till you try to screw ppl over.:ejuice::cloud:
Well done ~

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He'll never make it through their application process to be able to post or even look at their classies, lol
I agree, no one is handling the classies there now. The only people that can get into the classified section is older members that were approved long ago. Heard a lot of people wanted in but mods said sorry as no one is taking care of it anymore. Years ago when I was a newb there I got scolded at the mention of wanting to sell something not actually selling it, they deleted my post on the grounds that it was not allowed. So unless they got lax everyone should be safe from Mechanical Man.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I’m pretty pissed he lied about being in the military. My brother is a former marine and was deployed twice. He came back home so screwed up and a completely different person. I was in the army but never got deployed. I thought he was for real. I should’ve asked more questions about his status, but I wasn’t here during his time as the other name. I’m still new here.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree, no one is handling the classies there now. The only people that can get into the classified section is older members that were approved long ago. Heard a lot of people wanted in but mods said sorry as no one is taking care of it anymore. Years ago when I was a newb there I got scolded at the mention of wanting to sell something not actually selling it, they deleted my post on the grounds that it was not allowed. So unless they got lax everyone should be safe from Mechanical Man.
The lack of classified access is pathetic over there, I waited over a year after they took my $1 to get approval and never did have access up until when I was banned for telling Asswife off. It doesn't mean I didn't make a number of deals over there though. It started with a PM from a long time member when I mentioned a mod I was looking for that was no longer made. I made about 10 deals on that forum through pm, lol

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Luckily he only got me for about $15 in clone stuff. Won't be doing deals with any newbies again for sure.

Sent from the Death Star
Don't let this stop you from teading with new members. We were all new once. Having never been a member at any other vape forum I couldn't simply tell people to verify who I was elsewhere.

But you can protect yourself.
New member? Sorry but you need to ship first.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m pretty pissed he lied about being in the military. My brother is a former marine and was deployed twice. He came back home so screwed up and a completely different person. I was in the army but never got deployed. I thought he was for real. I should’ve asked more questions about his status, but I wasn’t here during his time as the other name. I’m still new here.
We don’t know for sure he did. That may have actually been true but because of his past bullshit, it may be a lie.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
We don’t know for sure he did. That may have actually been true but because of his past bullshit, it may be a lie.
What makes me question it, is his actual mugshot he posted. The military won’t accept you for jail time. They accept minor offenses as long as you are able to obtain a waiver.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What makes me question it, is his actual mugshot he posted. The military won’t accept you for jail time. They accept minor offenses as long as you are able to obtain a waiver.
Ohhhh. Ok. I did not know that. I guess we don’t know when the mugshot happened. Could have been after his service.

VU Sponsors