Become a Patron!

Brown stains on cotton

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi all,

I have a small question regarding my cotton.
As you can see on the picture I've added, there are some marked spots that are brown. I know this could be 'cause of the liquid I use but the thing is that it only turns brown on these exact spots. It's the 3th time that the brown areas appear on the same spots after wicking it. Does anybody know what could cause this effect?

The build from the photo is less than one day old so it's odd that the cotton already starts to change colour.

Attachments

• 20190411_112939 1.jpg
    20190411_112939 1.jpg
    902.2 KB · Views: 37

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
hard to tell but i had an RDA do similar so i cleaned it up with everclear and let it sit came back and it happened again... i ended up replacing the RDA and let it sit juiced and all and it eventually rust started to be shown on the deck and a little on the top cap.

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What do you mean by replacing the RDA? Replacing the whole tank? Also, the rust you mention, isn't that a sign that your coils must be replaced?

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What do you mean by replacing the RDA? Replacing the whole tank? Also, the rust you mention, isn't that a sign that your coils must be replaced?
RDA not atomizer if it was a tank it would be RDTA and yes i got a new RDA.. in general yes i replaced weekly at that time...

in my case i had two in rotation that had to be replaced due to rust. one was NIB that i took out to replace the rusted one but it to was rusted my guess was poor metal.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Is the juice you are using sugary and dark?

Looks like the cotton is touching the side walls of the chamber there....when you vape after a while the condensation build up does turn brown ...take off your drip tip and wipe the bottom of it you’ll see what I mean

where these areas are in contact it’s just soaking up that condensation, if it’s not affecting flavour wouldn’t worry just stick to a regular re-wick, strip down and clean cycle...once a week is normally what I do

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Looks like the cotton is touching the side walls of the chamber there....when you vape after a while the condensation build up does turn brown ...take off your drip tip and wipe the bottom of it you’ll see what I mean

where these areas are in contact it’s just soaking up that condensation, if it’s not affecting flavour wouldn’t worry just stick to a regular re-wick, strip down and clean cycle...once a week is normally what I do
knew i forgot something in my response

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

That’s what I was going to say.

VU Sponsors