Become a Patron!

BS Health Studies

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vaping studies or studies in general... by the time the news gets to you, it's usually wildly exaggerated or straight-up wrong.

Last Week Tonight broke it down really well. This hits all the major points in 15 minutes. And it's entertaining. Definitely worth watching, especially if you don't already know how ridiculous reporting can be on studies and research.

Background:
I was a copy editor at a national news juggernaut for 10 years. This stupidity is real, and fighting it was pretty much a losing battle. I could give you more behind-the-scenes detail, but it would probably sound whiny. Just know that if you ever hear about a study, you're in for a shock if you can get your hands on the original publication.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like John Oliver. He is no Johnny Carson but as far as my humbled opinion goes, he comes close.

From an understanding gleaned by various associations in living, I comprehend that the network CNN used to be under watch of Army signal corps.. That from further knowledge lets me trace CNN to being fed stories by the ever mysterious No Such Agency. Recently, comprehended that the government lifted a stipulation on media. Media can indeed now lie to folks, legally, legitimately.

I often comb through bits of history. It is funny at times knowing bits of odd facts here and there, reconciling against what is presented. For example the fact the Japanese ambassador tried to meet with F.D.R three times prior to Pearl Harbor. The ambassador wanted to have talks, to avoid war, to let America know Japan would steer clear of engaging. Yes, I'm sure Japan had stipulations. Point being, F.D.R on the record denied meetings which may have let Japan remain out of the war, three times.

So, yes, I can see how you would say seeing original stories would be shocking.

VU Sponsors