• burn it with fire

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
texts me that i need to sterilize my house because he's blowing chunks every ten minutes. His family has the flu bug and he wasnt going to come over but I needed him to help me with something( he wasnt sick).He forgot his setup at his house so i let him use one of mine. I wiped down the mod and tank with alcohol wipes. Any advice so I can use this thing in the future? Ive quarantined it for now. Time for a new tip, coil and soak everything in alcohol? I had the flu last year and im not wanting it again.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From tamiflu.com: "The typical incubation period for influenza is 1-4 days (average: 2 days). Adults can be infectious from 1 day before onset of symptoms to 5-7 days after illness onset."
The damage has been done as far as exposure, but that's no guarantee you'll get it. I'd hit the house with a good dose of Lysol. You've wiped down the mod, but I'd take the tank apart and clean it really well, especially the drip tip. Not much else you can do at this point.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I wouldn't go overboard such as trying to sterilize the tip/tank or whatever with alcohol, it will likely hurt the seals and things. A good wash in warm water with dish detergent should do the trick. Out of habit I dry fire the coil (pulsing it) when cleaning before rewicking it. Lysol in the house may not be a bad idea. If it's a disposable coil head I'd replace the coil as a precaution.

Like Teresa P said you've already been exposed. Maybe not as directly as sharing a drip tip with them but in general. They've been in the house, breathed etc, some of it's going to be airborne and some exposure even without letting them use your vape.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're going to get sick then there isn't anything you can do about it now.
Forget about it or get well soon (depending on the outcome).

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any advice so I can use this thing in the future?

If your juice contains PG the vapourizer is probably still okay to use. Propylene glycol was registered with the U.S. FDA in 1950, "for use in hospitals as air disinfectants". Commercial sanitization sprays containing PG are still available.

See https://archive.epa.gov/pesticides/reregistration/web/pdf/propylene_glycol_red.pdf

P.S. This advice only applies to guys. Girls can have cooties and I don't know if PG works for that.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:sarcasm:
If your juice contains PG the vapourizer is probably still okay to use. Propylene glycol was registered with the U.S. FDA in 1950, "for use in hospitals as air disinfectants". Commercial sanitization sprays containing PG are still available.

See https://archive.epa.gov/pesticides/reregistration/web/pdf/propylene_glycol_red.pdf

P.S. This advice only applies to guys. Girls can have cooties and I don't know if PG works for that.

When vaping after a girl, just wiping the drip tip off with your sleeve is enough to make it sanitary again

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know this guy is clean which is why i didnt mind him using it. I have a serious fear of ever getting a cold sore and have known him since elementary school so i wasn't worried and wouldnt allow anyone else to use a mod with my tip. Just didnt know he was sick. I ordered a new tip off ebay. Im going to take the tank apart and clean it and replace the coil.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this guy is clean which is why i didnt mind him using it. I have a serious fear of ever getting a cold sore and have known him since elementary school so i wasn't worried and wouldnt allow anyone else to use a mod with my tip. Just didnt know he was sick. I ordered a new tip off ebay. Im going to take the tank apart and clean it and replace the coil.
Fwiw..... if you are human.. you probably already carry the virus that causes cold soars.....

If you haven't gotten one yet you probably never will.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fwiw..... if you are human.. you probably already carry the virus that causes cold soars.....

If you haven't gotten one yet you probably never will.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
i hope not. I have a friend who gets cold sores and if he makes a cocktail he always tries to get everyone to try them
gross_no_thank_you_supernatural.gif

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't rely on it, but copper will naturally kill micro bugs though it takes some time (one of the reasons I like copper drippers). I believe PG has some antibacterial properties as well, but again, I wouldn't rely on it.

I'd feel good just wiping everything down with alcohol and rewick.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't rely on it, but copper will naturally kill micro bugs (one of the reasons I like copper drippers). I believe PG has some antibacterial properties as well, but again, I wouldn't rely on it.

I'd feel good just wiping everything down with alcohol and rewick.

PG is anti-bacterial, flu is a virus

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
yeah, just giving general info, my response to the OP is the second part.

Yeah, if it were me, I'd just wash the dt in warm, soapy water and wipe down the mod and outside of the atty with vodka and call it good

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What dat???:teehee::teehee:

Don't get sore - this is the internet after all. And I hope his buddy wasn't really smoking his setup - that would really be dangerous :eek:

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When vaping after a girl, just wiping the drip tip off with your sleeve is enough to make it sanitary again

That only works for guys. If a strange girl touches your stuff it is best to just let them have it and flee the area. I heard cooties can cause gonads to turn to dust like the vampires do in the "Blade" documentaries. It is not a pretty sight even though I have not witnessed it personally.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That only works for guys. If a strange girl touches your stuff it is best to just let them have it and flee the area. I heard cooties can cause gonads to turn to dust like the vampires do in the "Blade" documentaries. It is not a pretty sight even though I have not witnessed it personally.

That's because you have to have to actually have gonads and the ability to get close to girls to find out if it is true :devil:

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't get sore - this is the internet after all. And I hope his buddy wasn't really smoking his setup - that would really be dangerous :eek:
sorry, only a little into 2 months of vaping. Im still use to using smoking terms.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for everyone concerned I threw away the tip, installed a new prebuilt coil, replaced the glass, and ran alcohol wipes all around the metal. Maybe im ocd but i hate the flu and will take any possible steps to prevent it. The cleaning service came and cleaned my house today as well (they were already coming) . So hopefully all is safe.
357331_full.jpg

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for everyone concerned I threw away the tip, installed a new prebuilt coil, replaced the glass, and ran alcohol wipes all around the metal.

It is not enough to clean the vaping gear. You should also run a few ounces of vodka through the vaper.

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bourbon tastes better, but gunks up your coil. :drunk:

Bourbon works, gakudzu, and so does rum but most vaping manufacturers recommend vodka. What amazes me is the number of people that carefully clean their gear and then contaminate the whole thing with a dirty vaper. It is amazing they have not all died from cooties or something by now.

VU Sponsors