1. THE VAPORJOES NETWORK IS GIVING AWAY A PLAYSTATION 4 PRO
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO

Build Stations

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by mikekscholz, Oct 8, 2017.

1. mikekscholz

mikekscholz New Member

Blog Posts:
    This isn't quite a post your builds type post so thought I would make a new thread. Made on a CNC router table out of 3/8 & 1/4 hdpe and clear polycarbonate for a riser to make my coil jig run level and square with my spinLT. Also modded my spinLT by removing a bearing and making a new triangle out of a paper clip to make it a little more forgiving and smoother turning.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Synphul, KarmicRage, EMusic and 2 others like this.
  2. strigamort

strigamort Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Good lord tell me those materials were free! I got a nice big piece of UHMW that might be something I could use.

I'm just starting and keeping it portable. I like to make stuff wherever I lay my head. ;) [​IMG]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

KarmicRage and EMusic like this.
  3. mikekscholz

mikekscholz New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yea it was all scrap material from my work that would have gone in the trash... I wanted a surface that i could hard mount my spinner to that i can pick up and move to wherever I want to build. Its 15x30 and I can spin up to about a 24 inch strand at a time... Just enough to make a decore for 2-3 alien coils theres also 1/4" foam adhered to the bottom of the board and a piece on the drill rest to cut down on vibration and noise transfer from the drill motor

KarmicRage likes this.
  4. Skullzz

Skullzz Blonde disaster VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I have a “girl cave” in our house. I have my station set up down there. I like having an area dedicated to just coil building and making juice!
    [​IMG]

Sent from a pay phone

5. mikekscholz

mikekscholz New Member

Blog Posts:
    This was super weird... Id never even heard of UHMW until you mentioned it, So I looked it up to see what it was... And at work today a sheet came in that I had to run parts out of on the router... Coincidence much? lol

6. KarmicRage

KarmicRage Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    That's a tidy looking work area that la, mine's a total mess compared :/ gets the job done though

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

7. strigamort

strigamort Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    It's a pretty common material in food processing plants. Stands for Ultra High Molecular Weight I believe. Self lubricating and tough. I've seen it wear out, but only after very heavy use for a few years. You can use thick sheets of it in place of conveyor rollers if necessary and it'll last as long with no maintenance other than cleaning.

Funny. My gf and I were talking about coincidence yesterday. Seriously. Coincidence?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

8. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Looks like a helluva nice build table. I would hate to use that much of the stuff but so long as it was free scrap, why not right? Awesome setup. Mine at the moment looks more like something scrapped together from the wastelands, a short piece of 2x3 just long enough to get a clamp over and a vertical piece of 2x3 tall enough to use my drill upright. I screwed two screws along the inside of a keyring angled to hold tension on it and mounted the keyring flat to the 2x3 so I'd have an attachment point for the swivels.

Not much to be said about it other than it works. Only thing that I'm not happy with, I need a slight angled platform for my drill. When it sits flat on the battery pack the chuck isn't completely horizontal, it angles up a few degrees so I have to watch the tension I put on the core wires. I just needed something to anchor the swivels and spent literally 5min throwing it together lol (and it looks it).

Eventually I might make something a bit better, still in the process of getting a workbench together for my utility shed. I could probably fit something to the bench although no power wired to the shed at the moment and lighting isn't the best. Not for this sort of up close work anyway.

9. sychosis

sychosis Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have tons of uhmw from 3/8 to 1.5 in and a 25lb 2 in piece of teflom that black is something I can't seem to get . Would you want part with a piece ? Would make a beauty of a drip.tip stand

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

10. mikekscholz

mikekscholz New Member

Blog Posts:
    I normally work on my computer desk, and I used to use a small board with a screw in it that I hung my swivels on that I would clamp to my desk, then I upgraded to clamping the spin lt to the desk.... After about 8 months or so I got sick of having a clamp hanging off my desk between my keyboards and mouse and I didn't want to screw it into the top of my desk.... That's when I started designing lol

SkoldVape likes this.
  11. SkoldVape

SkoldVape Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Love your little station :) that's a hell of a tool kit! Makes my coil master kit hang it's head in shame. You'll be a pro in no time!

12. SkoldVape

SkoldVape Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I don't use jigs though, I made dual alien coils with just a screwdriver other day. I was quite impressed. I just love doing wraps rather than using a jig, I find it really relaxing

13. Jriley

Jriley Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Well my messy ass corner[​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

KarmicRage likes this.
  14. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Look at that fucking guy....:giggle::teehee:

My errr... uh Station

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

KarmicRage and Jriley like this.
  15. Jriley

Jriley Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I really want a wood top table like that just wish it was open underneath, you feel that way ray? Shit I don't know now I think about it... You get that one from harbor freight?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

16. mikekscholz

mikekscholz New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm thinking I need a pegboard now for my wire spools. As for the wood top,it was the main reason I went with a black surface cus my wires were disappearing against the wood grain when I was trying to tie together multi cores.

17. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I got it off ebay for $180 and built it myself but you can "not install" the drawers and leave it open...I rest my fee on the bottom part

The weight of the bench and how solid it is is why I wanted it...traffic shakes my house and I use the bench to shoot on because it minimizes rattling and shaking, I could drop a sledgehammer on the top and nothing on the bench would move...thats something I couldnt see any other bench doing for me.

Jriley likes this.