Become a Patron!

Build up on Magnets

Whats the buildup on my Nzonic mod magnets? Its black and and causes my mod to not fire properly everytime. How can I fix this? And could the battery be a problem?

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does your button get hot at all? Because it could be arching from the the battery every time you fire it. I would suggest to over the black areas with 1000 grit sand paper to get rid of the build up

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whats the buildup on my Nzonic mod magnets? Its black and and causes my mod to not fire properly everytime. How can I fix this? And could the battery be a problem?
If this is tarnish... don't sand nickel plated magnets. Depending on the quality (this a clone?), the plating can be very thin and overly aggressive use of even a fine 1000 grit can remove it. Instead, use a pencil eraser... or ink eraser if the tarnish is heavy.

If the battery is old or of low quality, there may be enough internal resistance where, when used with sub-ohm builds, you have heat (joule or resistive heating) being produced.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah sorry for that suggestion..I don't know to much about magnets and I did that to my friends Magneto and it turned out fine. His happened because he had a short in this atty and it was causing the button to get hot.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Catsup or some very severe words to remove the tarnish?

VU Sponsors