Become a Patron!

Building exotic coils

Woody213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I've done parallel and now Clapton. I'm looking for some other simple exotics outside of fused Clapton. I've got days of 28g and a good bit of 24 with some 22 laying around. I plan on grabbing a few spools in a week or two

Woody213

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll do that. I just wasn't sure which are good to start and didn't want to ask such a basic question in coils. Figured it fit better here

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll do that. I just wasn't sure which are good to start and didn't want to ask such a basic question in coils. Figured it fit better here
All questions are welcomed here :)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I've done parallel and now Clapton. I'm looking for some other simple exotics outside of fused Clapton. I've got days of 28g and a good bit of 24 with some 22 laying around. I plan on grabbing a few spools in a week or two
Aside from your imagination there's still Zipper Coils to try, pretty solid especially for how easy. Chain Link/Hive coils are not bad and again very easy. After that you jump to Fused Clapton and on to Alien/Staple/Framed Staples/and all that jazz. Then of course your own imagination :D. Some other cool thing you can do with twisted is helix, which can help ramp up times just like staging (helix will slow it down staging typically to speed it up).

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aside from your imagination there's still Zipper Coils to try, pretty solid especially for how easy. Chain Link/Hive coils are not bad and again very easy. After that you jump to Fused Clapton and on to Alien/Staple/Framed Staples/and all that jazz. Then of course your own imagination :D. Some other cool thing you can do with twisted is helix, which can help ramp up times just like staging (helix will slow it down staging typically to speed it up).

great respond.
i thought it would just be easier to bring them over to play in the sandbox with the rest of us :p

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
great respond.
i thought it would just be easier to bring them over to play in the sandbox with the rest of us :p
It'd surely be better for them :D, figured I'd just throw some things out there though since you already gave the best suggestion. The way I see it, single coils < Twisted coils < Clapton coils < Parallel Coils < Zipper coils < Fused Clapton, toss the craziness on the end and the various twists and helixes in there, but basic scale as far as my opinion goes, though of course overall builds some of those things change.

greasegizzard

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I did a Clapton 24/28 staged with 3 strand 28 and did a fused clapton today. Definitly check out the other thread and a zipper coil. Thank you for helping me get started
Pics or it didn't happen!

Sent from the future with my Flux Capacitor enabled Note 5

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I did a Clapton 24/28 staged with 3 strand 28 and did a fused clapton today. Definitly check out the other thread and a zipper coil. Thank you for helping me get started
Definitely check out the other thread :) I frequent it, it's a glorious place full of people who are on at least daily and we all love to help each other out. For sure would not have the builds down that I do without the help there.

Pop in, I'll say hi;)

We don't bite... Until we get to know you...;)

Matt

VU Sponsors