Become a Patron!

Building for parallel mech mod ?

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What is your favorite built for parallel mech mod with Ka1 or N80 in 22mm or 24 mm attys?
It seems that I like "warmer" Vape since I am constantly finding satisfaction in 130-170Watt range when I build for series. Coils that are "snappy" and have a quick ramp up and down are even more pleasant to me. Please keep in mind that I am a amateur/beginner when it comes to wrapping coils so my limit would be Clapton/ fused clapton and alien but I can wrap them with 40G and can stage them as well. Still find twisted wire and parallels good in some attys.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use this http://www.steam-engine.org/ model some builds..... Personally I would try to mimic the coil performance of what I am used to as a starting point. Of course in this case you'll be working with 1/2 the voltage but at 2x the amps and building at lower ohm rate I assume.

What is you current favorite build?

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
24 ga kanthal with a 32 ga wrap around 3 mm mandrel at about .4 ohms. Makes me happy all day on my Noisy cricket.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i like fused 24n80... 5 or 6 wraps and you could stage it.... should ohm out to like a .1 or .15 more or less should give a a vape similar to what you got going on in the cricket.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
24ss316l/36ni80 6 wrap 3mm comes out at 0.15 ohms :)
Great vape on anything except a series mod.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Use this http://www.steam-engine.org/ model some builds..... Personally I would try to mimic the coil performance of what I am used to as a starting point. Of course in this case you'll be working with 1/2 the voltage but at 2x the amps and building at lower ohm rate I assume.

What is you current favorite build?
I end up building for parallel about 3 1/2-4x lower then for series.
Have been building same thing for a while now so I was wondering what everybody else likes .
Ka1 28/32 staged with 24G 4 wraps,2mm ID.

Last edited:

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i like fused 24n80... 5 or 6 wraps and you could stage it.... should ohm out to like a .1 or .15 more or less should give a a vape similar to what you got going on in the cricket.

I build around.3 for Cricket and .4 for MCM. I'll try that built, but will aim little lower. Not sure how I am going to fit it into Kennedy post holes. Lol. Thanks man.
24ss316l/36ni80 6 wrap 3mm comes out at 0.15 ohms :)
Great vape on anything except a series mod.
Don't have SS but I have to get some since it has better ramp up. It seems that SS is the way to go and everyone likes 24 as a core for a tube or parallel mod. Thank you man.

Last edited:

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
image.jpg image.jpg

Quickly wrapped a fused 24/36 N80 2mm ID 5 wraps, came out at .08 ohm. Did it quickly by hand so it's not pretty. Sweet Vape. Like it a lot.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use my mech all day and on the goon its definitely 26n80/40n80 or 26n/38n aliens 5 wrap 3mm. Usually ohms out at .09-.11 and is the best compromise between ease of build and flavor. They last forever too.

VU Sponsors