Become a Patron!

Building parallel

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm new to mechanical and want to learn. I have a good head on my shoulders and know how to build and know the knowledge needed to be safe while doing so.

I really like the geekvape mech pro. Infact I fucking love how it looks. Problem I'm having, is that I like chunky coils and warm vape. Is the ramp up on parallel mods slow as fuck. I hate ramp up times. I have a single kbox mini and the ramp up sucks penis.

Please enlighten me VUsers. Mech heads needed. How is the ramp up on .2 and .1 builds. I very rarely build higher than .3.

Can the mech pro handle coils like Staples? Multi core fused Claptons?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it can handle staples and claptons. I've never used the geekvape mech but it looks like it may not be a true mech in the sense that it wont fire whatever build you put on it. A true mech will fire anything, even if it's going to blow your face off. It says it fires from .1 - 3 ohms. Maybe there's some safety features?

Anyways, ramp up time has more to do with what kind of coil it is, wraps, I.D., size of wire. I could build a .2 ohm coil with very slow ramp up using 22g, 8 wrap, 3mm. At the same time I could build a fused clapton at .2 ohms with smaller wires and it'll fire up instantly. The mod has very little to do with ramp up time.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will be able to handle pretty much anything over 0.1. There is a big difference though between say using some big, beefy dual coils at 0.2 with a lot of mass vs something at the same resistance using a thinner wire.
The big coils will have a slower ramp up time than the coils with less mass.

This is what I enjoy when I use mech mods though, trying out many different builds to get a vape I like. Steam engine is still a great tool to use, especially with the heat flux tool under coil wrapping. I usually find I prefer using 26-28G parallel coils over a larger gauge single wire. Ramps up fast and cools quick too.

With the parallel battery setup you have extra headroom amp wise as well, and a parallel mods voltage doesn't sag as much as a single tube, so will 'hit harder'. I don't own the GV mech pro myself, so can't comment on it's performance but it doesn't seem it is a true mech as @Mykreign mentioned.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It says for down to .1 for safety. It's all mechanical no chip no mosfet. It is not like a tube mech but it is completely mechanical.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
on a parallel box the voltage is limited, so you need to balance your coils fairly precisely to get a good vape. its easy to make a build that sucks on parallel imo. you can compensate for the lack of output power by building lower resistance wire, but lower resistance wire usually has more mass (per inch), so you are kind of fighting yourself at an extent doing that. i prefer to make slightly smaller coils for ~4v mechs. i find that either going from 3mm to 2.5mm, or taking a wrap off, is often enough of a reduction in mass/resistance to get a poorly performing coil to work better...but its a matter of preference. the more familiar you get with building and coil properties, the better you will be able to design a wire at the 'right' mass/resistance for your style of vaping. just be prepared to be wrong a few times lol :cheers:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've been leaving hard on the noisy cricket. Man this week had put me through the ringer. It's been hard. I love the look of the geekvape. Nice ass 510. The wismec had a history of shitty connections.

Does anyone know if the wismec noisy cricket 2 is the same press fit 510 like every other hunk a junk Rx had??

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've been leaving hard on the noisy cricket. Man this week had put me through the ringer. It's been hard. I love the look of the geekvape. Nice ass 510. The wismec had a history of shitty connections.

Does anyone know if the wismec noisy cricket 2 is the same press fit 510 like every other hunk a junk Rx had??

You mean Noisy Cricket 2- 25 right?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I personally never had problems with wismec mods but maybe see if any of the tech reviews like djlsb have posted a review on it

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
on a parallel box the voltage is limited, so you need to balance your coils fairly precisely to get a good vape. its easy to make a build that sucks on parallel imo. you can compensate for the lack of output power by building lower resistance wire, but lower resistance wire usually has more mass (per inch), so you are kind of fighting yourself at an extent doing that. i prefer to make slightly smaller coils for ~4v mechs. i find that either going from 3mm to 2.5mm, or taking a wrap off, is often enough of a reduction in mass/resistance to get a poorly performing coil to work better...but its a matter of preference. the more familiar you get with building and coil properties, the better you will be able to design a wire at the 'right' mass/resistance for your style of vaping. just be prepared to be wrong a few times lol :cheers:
Learning...

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The mech pro is a great mod for the price, and true mechanical. I build slightly above .1 and only use SS or nichrome for faster ramp (kanthal sucks on mechs IMO) too much mass to achieve lower ohms. Ramp up on a set of .13 SS 2x26g/38 fused claptons is fast and hits hard. Great battery life on this mod. I’ve beat mine to death dropping on a garage floor multiple times (my daily work vape) will be buying a couple more to put in the vapepolocypse stash.
I love parallel boxes because I love tube mods, I use thesame build for both just longer battery life on the box.

If you go with a series box definitely be up on ohms law and be careful with your builds,with a parallel box you have double the amps as a single battery, series only the amps of a single battery and voltage is double.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So happy right now. I got myself a noisy cricket. In a matter of an hour I fully understand that parallel doesn't hit like series, but I like my .13 @ not regulated parallel. I don't see myself using series much. I like how low you can build using parallel. Super nice. And I love this mod because you can switch it up. That series hits fucking hard as shit.

Now, if I regulate the series it will last longer correct? Being I'm not just pulling shit loads of power
b9a7d0dae4cf46ce1ee37df2334efe5e.jpg

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So happy right now. I got myself a noisy cricket. In a matter of an hour I fully understand that parallel doesn't hit like series, but I like my .13 @ not regulated parallel. I don't see myself using series much. I like how low you can build using parallel. Super nice. And I love this mod because you can switch it up. That series hits fucking hard as shit.

Now, if I regulate the series it will last longer correct? Being I'm not just pulling shit loads of power
b9a7d0dae4cf46ce1ee37df2334efe5e.jpg

My friend at the vape shop adores this mod. He seems to be reaching for it a lot but he has like 5 mods with him at all times. I can't comment on parallel vs series though as never tried it!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's that atty btw. The 3 airflow rings are cool. All my RDA'S just have one on each side!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What's that atty btw. The 3 airflow rings are cool. All my RDA'S just have one on each side!
Hey buddy, it's the wismec jaybo indestructible RDA. I'm it's the RDA I reach for the most. I think it functions better than my tsunami. I really really like it. I want a goon so badly. They look similar but the goon is so well built.

I recommend the indestructible RDA. It's a little bit of A bitch to build on but it's such a well made atty. I love it.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey buddy, it's the wismec jaybo indestructible RDA. I'm it's the RDA I reach for the most. I think it functions better than my tsunami. I really really like it. I want a goon so badly. They look similar but the goon is so well built.

I recommend the indestructible RDA. It's a little bit of A bitch to build on but it's such a well made atty. I love it.

Is that the one that comes with the mech kit they made cos my shop has that and it looks like a neat little kit.

I love my tsunami so ill definitely give it a look.
& you can't really beat the goon. Just very pricey but it's a freaking awesome RDA. you won't get anything else if you get a goon :)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Um, I think the indestructible came with the most cricket 1 the original. I believe the nuetron is in the ncii25 kit.

Kinda cool, both are great attys. The nuetron capitalizes and makes the most out of a series connection somehow.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Um, I think the indestructible came with the most cricket 1 the original. I believe the nuetron is in the ncii25 kit.

Kinda cool, both are great attys. The nuetron capitalizes and makes the most out of a series connection somehow.

I'm probably thinking of that then. Thanks for the info :)

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
try ~.4 ohms worth of 2x28ka1 fused claptons :cheers:
Hell yea, the question I've got now is if using regulated series, it's then regulated at that point like a regulated mod? So it won't kill my batteries so long as I'm not constantly full throttling it..?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell yea, the question I've got now is if using regulated series, it's then regulated at that point like a regulated mod? So it won't kill my batteries so long as I'm not constantly full throttling it..?

yeah in theory thats how it works. in regulated series mode it can only output 6v max, so its less than unregulated no matter what you set the dial at. i have barely tried it in regulated series mode though, so i cant verify. another point to argue the other direction is that at 8v unregulated, youll likely take much shorter puffs, which could end up saving more battery life than lowering the power and taking long ones.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
try ~.4 ohms worth of 2x28ka1 fused claptons :cheers:
For parallel, would you think a single 3x26 fused clapton (kanthal) at 0.2 ohms would ramp up pretty quickly? Or should I go lower

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For parallel, would you think a single 3x26 fused clapton (kanthal) at 0.2 ohms would ramp up pretty quickly? Or should I go lower
in single coil that should be fine. i do a dual coil 3x26 setup that comes to .1ish (i think its 2.5mm 4.5 wraps). in single coil mode, the build would draw half the power (from a mech), but maintain the same mass to power ratio, so it should perform similarly :cheers:

VU Sponsors