Become a Patron!

Building time

Thetopdog0

Member For 1 Year
Hi I'm low on wire so I'm limited I got kanthal A1 by vandyvapes and some as 316l I'm not gonna big myself up / down build wise but I'm looking for suggestions. Build is for a original goon 24mm and my limitless mech looking for flavour over clouds

Thetopdog0

Member For 1 Year
Lmao forgot to add that information thanks,

A1 kanthal 24g
26 g as 316l

Sony vtc4's 30amps
Samsung 20amps

Happy to take suggestions on my wire shopping list aswell

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The VTC4 isn't a true 30amp cdr battery. Mooch gives it a 23amp cdr and I would stay within that. Have you used steam engine before? I could reccomend some coils to make but if we are talking simple round wire coils with the wire you have you should be able to figure that stuff out on your own if you are using a mech mod.

Some suggestions for your shopping list N80 24g and 26g. If you aren't using a regulated mod or a series mech I personally wouldn't mess with Kanthal because it has atrocious ramp up on a single battery.

Don't use the Samsung in your mech unless you are building 0.21 ohm or higher. I strongly reccomend getting some Sony VTC5a if you use a mech.

Thetopdog0

Member For 1 Year
Vtc4 : I've been getting that vibe from this forum I don't push them hard as they are old! might have to post for replacement suggestions they have done me this far.

I've never got on with it I've built loads but still haven't found my favourite and my drive is slowing and I'm finding myself in a dull if you know that feeling.

Round or flat ni80 ?

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nichrome80 26g, parallel, 8 wrap, 3mm id. I got .22 ohm out of them. Build them on a regulated mod for ohm reading, at first they will read .16ish ohm, you need to finesse and tweek them. Power off the regulated mod and back on, they should read out .21-.22ohm.

Thetopdog0

Member For 1 Year
I'm doing my wire shop what's the "mm" for the suggested 24g and 26g n80 wire as there is like 3 26g type with different resistance?

Last edited:

Thetopdog0

Member For 1 Year
nichrome80 26g, parallel, 8 wrap, 3mm id. I got .22 ohm out of them. Build them on a regulated mod for ohm reading, at first they will read .16ish ohm, you need to finesse and tweek them. Power off the regulated mod and back on, they should read out .21-.22ohm.
I got that result for a 24g not a 26g could you please screenshot your calculations

Thetopdog0

Member For 1 Year
2b1cgy.png

What is wrong with my calculations why am I getting different?
When I stick .16 target I get 4 X 7 wraps

Last edited:

VU Sponsors