Become a Patron!

Builds for Hobo or Mutation

Krashking405

Member For 4 Years
So I have a Hobo V2 and a Mutation X V2, which would be better for a flavor build (28 kanthal) on a single 18650 tube mech? Running the Hobo at .4 ohm right now, get a different flavor profile than my girlfriend's Aspire. Her's taste more sweet with the same juice (Cyclops brand Poseidon).

hackerjs19

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have a Hobo V2 and a Mutation X V2, which would be better for a flavor build (28 kanthal) on a single 18650 tube mech? Running the Hobo at .4 ohm right now, get a different flavor profile than my girlfriend's Aspire. Her's taste more sweet with the same juice (Cyclops brand Poseidon).
Did you use a regulated or mechanical mod with your girlfriends tank addy?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

hackerjs19

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I personally like the mutation x better because it gives you a lot more control over your air flow, it has 18 total air holes. I think you're flavor is going to be mostly decided on the coil build you decide upon and your wicking technique.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like the mutation. I would highly recommend that you try the tidal coil! The flat kanthal makes the build really sing! I use a twisted messes black and gold. The flavor is great and great clouds! I use 28 gauge with flat kanthal and wrap it 6 times with an id of 2.4mms. I've tried all the coils out there and none perform like dual tidal coils! I just got a tfv4 tank and it made me put my rdas up. I'm getting a new mod so ill use one for tanks and one for rdas. Give the tidal coil a look. It's worth it!

tomdon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the mutation. I would highly recommend that you try the tidal coil! The flat kanthal makes the build really sing! I use a twisted messes black and gold. The flavor is great and great clouds! I use 28 gauge with flat kanthal and wrap it 6 times with an id of 2.4mms. I've tried all the coils out there and none perform like dual tidal coils! I just got a tfv4 tank and it made me put my rdas up. I'm getting a new mod so ill use one for tanks and one for rdas. Give the tidal coil a look. It's worth it!
I gotta agree. The tidal is an amazing coil. Ive used one that was 32g with 0.5 ribbon and one that was 28g with 0.8 ribbon. Both had superb flavor and awesome vapor production

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep mine is 28 gauge with the .8 ribbon. I tried it with 26 gauge and it took a good bit of time to ramp up. Didn't like it! My second favorite is spiral kanthal. It's twisted kanthal that you smooth down the humps so it eventually turns into a piece round kanthal with a bunch of grooves making a channel for the juice to soak up. Puts out great flavor! Check it out.

tomdon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep mine is 28 gauge with the .8 ribbon. I tried it with 26 gauge and it took a good bit of time to ramp up. Didn't like it! My second favorite is spiral kanthal. It's twisted kanthal that you smooth down the humps so it eventually turns into a piece round kanthal with a bunch of grooves making a channel for the juice to soak up. Puts out great flavor! Check it out.
will do

VU Sponsors