Become a Patron!

Bull City Vapor

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I didn't order anything this sale, but I'm always happy with bcf, in fact so much that it's my first go to store when I need flavors.

I'm not trying to kiss someone's ass here lol, but I live in CA and if I place my order before noon (ct is in nc? Still learning these damn time zones lol) they ship it out same day. The next day if I place my order in the afternoon or evenings.

i know bcf can't influence the post office, but somehow they manage to ship my order that quickly, it arrives 2 days later.

comparing this to vendors from my own state (only a 4 or 8 hr drive away) I always wait 5-11 days (time it ships till it arrives, using the same snail mail service) on top of that, I pay triple the shipping cost if I can't make the minimum for free shipping.

with bcf I pay barely any shipping and last time I had a issue with my bottle, Jessica (hope it's ok to say the name?) nearly bend backwards to help me out. It was quick, professional but still very friendly. Not some scripted answer lol. She was even willing to send me a 10ml replacement bottle, shipping would have been more expensive than that whole bottle lol. I took the store credit because I'm not an a**hole, no need for that hassle, especially if she was that nice.

but I'm sure you all know that, however I thought I give some credit/shout out since we don't do that often enough, when finding vendors that actually care about their customers.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
with bcf I pay barely any shipping and last time I had a issue with my bottle, Jessica (hope it's ok to say the name?) nearly bend backwards to help me out. It was quick, professional but still very friendly. Not some scripted answer lol. She was even willing to send me a 10ml replacement bottle, shipping would have been more expensive than that whole bottle lol. I took the store credit because I'm not an a**hole, no need for that hassle, especially if she was that nice.

but I'm sure you all know that, however I thought I give some credit/shout out since we don't do that often enough, when finding vendors that actually care about their customers.

I will tell her and it will absolutely make her day :D Jessica AKA Mama J ( my wifey the girl in the picture with me <3 ) runs customer service for BCF and does her best to keep everyone happy within reason :p

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I will tell her and it will absolutely make her day :D Jessica AKA Mama J ( my wifey the girl in the picture with me <3 ) runs customer service for BCF and does her best to keep everyone happy within reason :p
Now it makes sense Lol blonde moment again.
i would say she's accomplishing that just fine, maybe you guys in the warehouse need to stop breaking the tips, she would have more time for some coffee and chatting with us ;)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Now it makes sense Lol blonde moment again.
i would say she's accomplishing that just fine, maybe you guys in the warehouse need to stop breaking the tips, she would have more time for some coffee and chatting with us ;)
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: I'll make a note and bring it up in the next meeting :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a question too, @Roundhouse : I just tried to buy some Flavorah Clove flavoring, and it says you're out of stock -- any idea when it will be back in stock? I really need to order some INW Shisha strawberry but I'd really rather order it all at the same time, to save shipping costs.

Thx!
Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No answer yet from BCF? C'mon @Roundhouse , if you aren't gonna stock the Flavorah Clove anytime soon I can go ahead and get the shisha strawberry and look elsewhere for the clove flavor.

Andria

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
No answer yet from BCF? C'mon @Roundhouse , if you aren't gonna stock the Flavorah Clove anytime soon I can go ahead and get the shisha strawberry and look elsewhere for the clove flavor.

Andria
Hi,
It wont be soon, I can let you know when it does but I wouldnt wait on it if you need your shisha :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi,
It wont be soon, I can let you know when it does but I wouldnt wait on it if you need your shisha :)

Okay thx much!! I was wondering what happened to the "notify me" button; I've used that link occasionally when something is OOS, and it's really helpful.

Thx!
Andria

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Oh no, @AndriaD I'm sorry I missed all of these posts! Thanks @wllmc for jumping in, we do have clove on order but I don't believe they've shipped it yet.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh no, @AndriaD I'm sorry I missed all of these posts! Thanks @wllmc for jumping in, we do have clove on order but I don't believe they've shipped it yet.

Dat's cool; I already got my shisha strawberry and TFA cubano I ordered, and as usual, it got here LICKETYSPLIT! (ordered Thurs, got here Saturday! DAYUM! :D) I think my Clove flavoring should be here today, unless USPS dropped the ball as they're so damned prone to do.

I'm going to be mixing up a "clove cigar" type of thing for my son, to try and get him off those damn things, so I may end up having to order other tobacco flavors, depending on how he feels about the Cubano+clove.... It'll take a while, since tobacco flavors need such a long time steeping. *sigh* But he assured me that the tobacco flavor in those is nothing at all like a cigarette, so the "Desert Ship" I already have (which got him off Camel cigarettes!) just won't do. *sigh*

Andria

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just got notification that my order from late Saturday has shipped today. WTF @Roundhouse??? Is BCF making your folks work on the holiday? Just kidding, you probably saw the mass of orders coming in and let everyone who wanted to come in and get some overtime...:giggle::cheers:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just to follow-up about the cubano+clove -- I think I need to add more clove to the recipe; my starting percentages were 5% cubano (because I know that a lot of TFA flavors aren't terribly strong), and 1% clove, because 1) clove is a strong flavor in itself, and 2) I think I read somewhere that FLV flavors tend to be strong? Not sure. But he said it's not "clove enough". I took a good sniff of it after a 2 week steep, and the cubano smells pretty good actually, considering it's meant to be like a tobacco cigar... but yeah, the clove aspect has dimmed considerably from when I first mixed it. so I'm thinking maybe 4.5% cubano, and 2% clove.

Andria

Roundhouse

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
VU Challenge Sponsor
Member For 5 Years
Just got notification that my order from late Saturday has shipped today. WTF @Roundhouse??? Is BCF making your folks work on the holiday? Just kidding, you probably saw the mass of orders coming in and let everyone who wanted to come in and get some overtime...:giggle::cheers:
What.. it was a holiday? I just figured "labor" day meant "work" day :giggle:

@AndriaD I'm not a clove guy so I've never messed with FLVs clove but I'm surprised I would have guessed even a half of a percent would've been super strong!

Thanks, @Letitia9 !!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD I'm not a clove guy so I've never messed with FLVs clove but I'm surprised I would have guessed even a half of a percent would've been super strong!

It really was, when I first mixed it; I thought it smelled almost identical to those clove cigars he smokes. But tobacco flavors develop so much body after steeping, the cubano simply overpowered it after a 2 wk steep. Now, you can *faintly* smell the clove, but mostly just the tobacco. He says it's not bad, but not what he's after; apparently it was the taste of the cloves he really missed, though he'd been off regular cigarettes for months when he started back smoking those clove cigars, and he says he still feels no desire to smoke cigarettes, since now he finds the smell really offensive. So, I'll keep after it, and hopefully get him away from setting fire to ANY tobacco. He's had bronchitis since he was a child, probably my own fault for smoking around him, then he goes and starts smoking himself when he was 19. :facepalm: So ANY smoking is worse for him that it would be for a lot of others.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
It really was, when I first mixed it; I thought it smelled almost identical to those clove cigars he smokes. But tobacco flavors develop so much body after steeping, the cubano simply overpowered it after a 2 wk steep. Now, you can *faintly* smell the clove, but mostly just the tobacco. He says it's not bad, but not what he's after; apparently it was the taste of the cloves he really missed, though he'd been off regular cigarettes for months when he started back smoking those clove cigars, and he says he still feels no desire to smoke cigarettes, since now he finds the smell really offensive. So, I'll keep after it, and hopefully get him away from setting fire to ANY tobacco. He's had bronchitis since he was a child, probably my own fault for smoking around him, then he goes and starts smoking himself when he was 19. :facepalm: So ANY smoking is worse for him that it would be for a lot of others.

Andria
Off topic...K and D asked me send you a "Hello".

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD maybe wait to add the clove a day or two before your son is going to vape that bottle. Let the tobacco do it's steep thing first...:question:

Hmmm.. I might work on that, if my next mix doesn't suit him. :thanks: The steeping thing just adds so much uncertainty to the whole endeavor, which is mainly why I started using the "high flavor mixing" technique with my own strawberry & cream... but it doesn't work, for tobacco flavors. They HAVE TO be steeped, to taste good, or even taste like anything at all.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
K and D?

Andria
Kat & DP. Kat started a thread about the people we miss on the forums and you name came up. Mentioned you were still over here still rocking the Achilles and they sent their hellos.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hmmm.. I might work on that, if my next mix doesn't suit him. :thanks: The steeping thing just adds so much uncertainty to the whole endeavor, which is mainly why I started using the "high flavor mixing" technique with my own strawberry & cream... but it doesn't work, for tobacco flavors. They HAVE TO be steeped, to taste good, or even taste like anything at all.

Andria
Purilum Sweet Tobacco is a quick steeper.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kat & DP. Kat started a thread about the people we miss on the forums and you name came up. Mentioned you were still over here still rocking the Achilles and they sent their hellos.

If the place wasn't so infested with nazi asshole moderators, I'd go say hello. I miss 'em. :(

But I might -- BIG MAYBE -- have found an alternative to the Achilles; @Cosmic gave me a link to a new RDA called the Caiman v4; it's constructed along VERY similar lines to the Achilles, but has this interesting feature: replaceable inner air-hole "nozzles" -- which, along with the adjustable airflow on the side, just might give me the very tight and flavorful vape that I get from the Achilles. Definitely gonna try one of those, when we get a bit closer to payday and I know how our $$$ situation looks.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If the place wasn't so infested with nazi asshole moderators, I'd go say hello. I miss 'em. :(

But I might -- BIG MAYBE -- have found an alternative to the Achilles; @Cosmic gave me a link to a new RDA called the Caiman v4; it's constructed along VERY similar lines to the Achilles, but has this interesting feature: replaceable inner air-hole "nozzles" -- which, along with the adjustable airflow on the side, just might give me the very tight and flavorful vape that I get from the Achilles. Definitely gonna try one of those, when we get a bit closer to payday and I know how our $$$ situation looks.

Andria
I'll send along a hello for you. I do get why some don't like it over there.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Purilum Sweet Tobacco is a quick steeper.

I'll keep it in mind, but I think he's fairly content with the tobacco flavor of the Cubano; it just needs to be "clovier". :giggle:

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Never could smoke or vape clove myself.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never could smoke or vape clove myself.

Yeah it gives me a powerful and very stressful reminiscence of the dentist -- definitely not stress relieving, which a "smoke" (or vape) really ought to be. :D

Andria

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
First of all I know taste is subjective. Having said that ... clove? :facepalm:

But to the OP ... I use Bull City and Nicotine River. I absolutely love Inawera Shishas. I like strong flavors though. Takes very little Orange Shisha and just a tad of WS-23 to make a shake and vape Cold Orange Zest. That reminds me. I need to order some cream to experiment with along those lines.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
First of all I know taste is subjective. Having said that ... clove? :facepalm:

But to the OP ... I use Bull City and Nicotine River. I absolutely love Inawera Shishas. I like strong flavors though. Takes very little Orange Shisha and just a tad of WS-23 to make a shake and vape Cold Orange Zest. That reminds me. I need to order some cream to experiment with along those lines.
WF tahitian vanilla cream is delightful with orange mixes. I like it steeped around the 2 week mark. But is good at 3 days, I just like much better after it settles. Good mouthfeel too and the vanilla doesn’t overwhelm.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
WF tahitian vanilla cream is delightful with orange mixes. I like it steeped around the 2 week mark. But is good at 3 days, I just like much better after it settles. Good mouthfeel too and the vanilla doesn’t overwhelm.

I am pretty new to diy. I haven't used WF yet. I do a LOT of reading though. So far I've used TFA, FW, Capella, Inawera and FA. Read about Jungle Flavors just today. I'm kinda on the fence about cream or biscuit. Thanks. I might check them out.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I am pretty new to diy. I haven't used WF yet. I do a LOT of reading though. So far I've used TFA, FW, Capella, Inawera and FA. Read about Jungle Flavors just today. I'm kinda on the fence about cream or biscuit. Thanks. I might check them out.
I've enjoyed the WF I've used. Their roasted pecan & cream and hazelnut & cream are both very good and can be used as a one shot or mixer. JF has some winners in their line as well.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I've enjoyed the WF I've used. Their roasted pecan & cream and hazelnut & cream are both very good and can be used as a one shot or mixer. JF has some winners in their line as well.

The review on different bavarian creams I read this morning said that JF is better than TFA and Capella. Taste is definitely subjective though. That's what their opinion is. I've also heard that the aging time for bavarian cream should be minimum 30 days.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've also heard that the aging time for bavarian cream should be minimum 30 days.

Definitely subjective. I use DX Bavarian rather than TFA's original bavarian, but it's the 2nd ingredient in my strawberry & cream... and until I started reducing the overall flavoring, I NEVER steeped it. That was why I used such a whopping amount of flavoring, because it's difficult to know if you've got a good mix if you have to wait some ungodly amount of time just to taste it. My original recipe (before I started reducing flavoring) called for 6% DX Bavarian, and you could taste it right away. Now if you use some chintzy amount of flavoring, then yeah, you may need to steep it just to be able to taste it at all. Which is fine if you already know you like a given recipe, but when first trying out a new recipe, that's just dumb.

Andria

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Definitely subjective. I use DX Bavarian rather than TFA's original bavarian, but it's the 2nd ingredient in my strawberry & cream... and until I started reducing the overall flavoring, I NEVER steeped it. That was why I used such a whopping amount of flavoring, because it's difficult to know if you've got a good mix if you have to wait some ungodly amount of time just to taste it. My original recipe (before I started reducing flavoring) called for 6% DX Bavarian, and you could taste it right away. Now if you use some chintzy amount of flavoring, then yeah, you may need to steep it just to be able to taste it at all. Which is fine if you already know you like a given recipe, but when first trying out a new recipe, that's just dumb.

Andria

Yeah, I followed that theory with Inawera Shishas and found those to an exception to the rule. WOW. Super strong flavoring. I'll have to try your suggestion with the bavarian cream.

I have, in Inawera Shishas, vanilla, strawberry, coconut, and orange. I'm thinking that any of those would be good with bavarian cream.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I followed that theory with Inawera Shishas and found those to an exception to the rule. WOW. Super strong flavoring. I'll have to try your suggestion with the bavarian cream.

I have, in Inawera Shishas, vanilla, strawberry, coconut, and orange. I'm thinking that any of those would be good with bavarian cream.

My S&C recipe is on my blog page, the link is given at the bottom of my sig. Very few would want to try out my original recipe, at 31.5%, but the current recipe is around 24%, much closer to "the norm". I think I need to update it again though, since I'm now personally using it at 23.5%. Since it's my regular all the time vape, I give it about a week/10 days steep time, and that 23.5% is very good.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
The review on different bavarian creams I read this morning said that JF is better than TFA and Capella. Taste is definitely subjective though. That's what their opinion is. I've also heard that the aging time for bavarian cream should be minimum 30 days.
Bavarian or any custard type of cream I can't help with. It's not the taste, it's the way it coats your mouth and teeth I don't care for. Mouthfeel is good for me with creams in the medium range. INW creme brulee is popular.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
23.5-30%? Woooo!! In my short diy time so far I've never gone over 15. And that wound up tasting like paint thinner. :blech:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
23.5-30%? Woooo!! In my short diy time so far I've never gone over 15. And that wound up tasting like paint thinner. :blech:
You'll find mixers of all extremes here. Some that use ultra super concentrates will have 8 flavors in a mix yet not reach 3% flavoring. It's good that you're reading, take notes on average mixing % for flavors. Or you could be lazy like me and save others notes.

Pony Tail

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You'll find mixers of all extremes here. Some that use ultra super concentrates will have 8 flavors in a mix yet not reach 3% flavoring. It's good that you're reading, take notes on average mixing % for flavors. Or you could be lazy like me and save others notes.

I write all my personal mixes down. Some, I have to admit, I doctor up a bit. I messed one up so bad on one occasion that it wound up tasting like pickles. I hate pickles. I don't like tobacco either. Although I must say that once is a while I catch a really faint hint of tobacco on the back end of a particular store bought custard I like .

It's gonna take time and patience but I'll get better at it. The hardest part for me is keeping my hands off of my mixes long enough for them to age right.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah 2 of the flavors are TFA, which tend to be on the weaker side. I use that much strawberry because I want to taste my vape, not just smell it, and this S&C of mine is the only vape flavor I've ever been able to TASTE. But 20%-25% is about what commercial ejuice uses.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I write all my personal mixes down. Some, I have to admit, I doctor up a bit. I messed one up so bad on one occasion that it wound up tasting like pickles. I hate pickles. I don't like tobacco either. Although I must say that once is a while I catch a really faint hint of tobacco on the back end of a particular store bought custard I like .

It's gonna take time and patience but I'll get better at it. The hardest part for me is keeping my hands off of my mixes long enough for them to age right.

ROFL, I got that pickle taste when I tried Hangsen pineapple with koolada. :giggle:

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

That just makes you a true mixer.

VU Sponsors