Become a Patron!

Burley's Coconut Custard

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy, VU! Got one I'd like to throw out there. Coconut always has been a flat-out favorite of mine, and for everything I enjoy using it with, I missed the boat on the custard craze. So, to lump onto the assumed million-recipe pile, my take on a smooth, creamy, coco-nutty custard.

5% LB Coconut Milk
3.5% INW Custard
1.5% TFA Vanilla Swirl
1% FA Coconut
0.5% FA Fresh Cream -or- FVH Cream
2 drops per 10ml FA Cardamom

And there you have it. Heavy on the LiquidBarn Coconut Milk, I know, I know. It's so tasty, and it needs to get pumped up or else it'll get lost in the sauce. Even with the FA Coconut being in there. I feel the two compliment each other, building up together etc.

VBIC and Custard v1 & 2, I'm sure, can swap out for the INW and the Vanilla. No doubt it'll taste fine.

Things I've done differently with this recipe:

I've added single, two or three drops of Vanilin 10% solution from TFA, that's pretty good in amping up the vanilla notes.

I've swapped out the Vanilla Swirl with FA Vanilla Bourbon (it's what was in to start, actually), meh. Too heavy, competes with stuff in there. FA Vanilla Tahiti is a little too sweet and sharp for it. Wish I could find a killer, all-around-all-star Vanilla, Swirl has worked consistently the best for me.

It's alright without the Cardamom, but that ratio-combo is fairly staple in my world. (again, better mixers (HiC) than me are like the best teachers)

I've added FA Almond, didn't care for it. Same with FW Hazelnut.

I've tried INW Banana, that was a fat ol' "meh" and close to a Pina Colada, and much as I may enjoy dancing in the rain, I don't dig Pina Coladas. Weird, right? (TFA Banana Cream DX isn't fantastically different or better, by the by)

Uhhhhh...... I think that's all I've played around with so far, with this one. Got a bottle in the steep drawer waiting for a chance to shine, maybe next week.

Also, got a Coconut-y Tobacco recipe coming up next time, almost posted it about a hundred times but I didn't feel the time was right. Well, since I've taken leave a while back, I've been a busy burley beaver. Got notes and notes and notes of recipes, and I plan on sharing them all. Have a great one, and remember: recipes are just guides!

VU Sponsors