Become a Patron!

Burned coil in less than 36 hours?!?!?

I am not new to vaping, I've had the same tank and mod for approx a year, always using the same coils. I do NOT know what I am doing, but enough that this is strange to me. The ONLY think that changed, is that I quit smoking 14 days ago, so when I did change my coil, I switched to zero nic juice, same brand, same flavor, just no nicotine. I have a Smoant mod with the UWell Valyrian tank, .15 ohm coils, almost always at the recommended 95 watts. What the hell did I do wrong??

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably running the coils too high. The recommended is usually too high of a wattage. Start low with a new coil and raise the watts until it's enjoyable for you. You can run coils lower than recommended

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You said that you quit smoking and also switched to zero nicotine. Are you chain vaping/vaping more than usual? That could produce a dry hit, or a burnt coil.

You said that you quit smoking and also switched to zero nicotine. Are you chain vaping/vaping more than usual? That could produce a dry hit, or a burnt coil.
No, to be honest, I haven't vaped in 2 weeks either, but we are road tripping today and my husband is still vaping sooooooooooo I thought I might be tempted.

Probably running the coils too high. The recommended is usually too high of a wattage. Start low with a new coil and raise the watts until it's enjoyable for you. You can run coils lower than recommended
This is what I was hoping. A friend told me that the wattage was likely too high with a zero nic juice, so I will try that, thank you!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Destroying a coil in a fast amount of time usually boils down to.............

1. Not priming properly
2 Too High a Wattage
3. Not starting low and working your way up in wattage
4. Overly sweetened e-Liquids

Hopefully this will help and good luck~! :vino:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thought I would scribble something but then my train of thought went rushing by. I better go chase after it, need to ride my train somewhere.

VU Sponsors