Become a Patron!

burning in throat

I really need somebody to help me with this burning I keep getting in my throat every time I hit my vape. I have a kangertech subbox nano and an aspire triton tank. ive wasted 2 new atomizers trying to fix this and nothings working. I really really need help and anything would be appreciated

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lower ur nicotine
Lower ur wattage
Change ur juice
Change ur tank

Vape On

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
very true did that mistake myself. higher mg nic is for mtl. bout burnt my throat first time i used a subtank with 18mg nic.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah about 8-10 watts would be max for 24 mg juice.
And even at that a direct lunger would be very rough.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would never advise anyone to start at 24.
I was a 2 pad smoker and on an ego was at 18mg. 24mg was to much for me there

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
true me too. 18mg was more then enough for me. got rid of couple 24mg was just too much.

Kinser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I would never advise anyone to start at 24.
I was a 2 pad smoker and on an ego was at 18mg. 24mg was to much for me there

Some people need 24mg. When I started vaping I would have gone back to smoking my pipe had it not had that high nicotine. But then again back in those days (early 2013) sub-ohm didn't exist and top of the line was ego twist with a T-3. I did step down after two weeks, but some people actually need that high test juice. Actually I stepped down from 24mg to 21mg first and then to 18. I started manipulating juice early being that I'm a chef and I'm comfortable playing with flavoring agents and so on.

@OP

I would say that 24mg @45w is far too much nicotine. I sometimes get throat burn vaping 6mg at 25w. I'm not sure as to the science behind it but it seems the more power you hit your juice with the easier the nicotine is absorbed into your system. Also it could be any other factors. PG sensitivity, dehydration (that is a biggy right there, the first step to curing sore throats in a vapor is to drink a liter of water ime), filthy coils/wicks (I find I need to change my cotton frequently in my rdas and rtas, I can only get a nautilus or Atlantis/Triton coils to last me about a week or two, beyond that it is toast maybe three if I'm just vaping menthol), or the particular flavor you're vaping. For example I have problems with some flavors, but not others that are related.

VU Sponsors