Become a Patron!

Burning sensation while vaping?

I usually vape ejuice with a 60/40 pg/vg ratio and that is fine. However, some juices I purchase burn my throat, even though they have the same ratio. I was wondering what other factors could contribute to this and how I might be able to avoid this problem. This has happened with my Aspire ET-S tank and Joyetech eGo AIO. Thanks!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Higher nicotine would cause more burning. Also, cinnamon redhot flavors, which are actually cinnemaldehyde. Citrus flavors, too, and any alcohol that might be present in the flavor. If you have any allergy or sensitivity to any of the ingredients, that could also cause it. Have you tried higher VG ejuice? I personally like TH, and have to vape high-PG so I can breathe, but some folks really can't handle PG too well at all. And are you sure you're not getting a dry hit? Any taste of burning, anything like that?

Andria

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A lot of citrus flavors do that to me especially lemonades. Not all but some. I find turning down the wattage or temperature helps depending on how you vape.

Vape99

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know that I describe a burning sensation when my coils cotton needs changing. The build up can cause that as well. If your temp is too high, that can also affect your throat. I also have a Triton with new coils and I cant use it anymore because of a burning sensation, no matter the termperature, so i do not use that anymore.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I usually vape ejuice with a 60/40 pg/vg ratio and that is fine. However, some juices I purchase burn my throat, even though they have the same ratio. I was wondering what other factors could contribute to this and how I might be able to avoid this problem. This has happened with my Aspire ET-S tank and Joyetech eGo AIO. Thanks!
To my understanding, the Joyetech eGo AIO, doesn't have the ability to adjust the power, applied to the atomizer. Therefore, you're at a disadvantage. Out of my experience, different eJuices require different power, in order to get the most out of the eJuice and it's flavor. The inability to adjust the power, could also be the reason for getting unpleasant vaping experience.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It depends on the base of the flavorings as well. Flavorings w/ an alcohol base or alcohol in it, give me a wicked throat hit.

VU Sponsors