Become a Patron!

Burning taste

Theplague99

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New to vaping so excuse my ignorance, but I get an intense burning taste when I run my mod which is a Eleaf iStick 50w with iJust 2 atomizer. It came with a 0.3 Ohm coil which I run at 50 watts. Im not sure if im putting too much wattage or if I did something else wrong. I started using it pretty much when I got it which was no more than a week ago

BigCryBaby

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New to vaping so excuse my ignorance, but I get an intense burning taste when I run my mod which is a Eleaf iStick 50w with iJust 2 atomizer. It came with a 0.3 Ohm coil which I run at 50 watts. Im not sure if im putting too much wattage or if I did something else wrong. I started using it pretty much when I got it which was no more than a week ago
Here is the review on the E-Leaf, IJust2 from Vape360. http://vaping360.com/eleaf-ijust-2-review/

30W – Not much yet in terms of clouds, but already surprisingly good flavor.
40W – I think this is what the battery should fire at that comes with the kit. Amazing flavor at 40W and lovely clouds of cool vapor.
50W –Amazing flavor! Wow, this sub ohm tank is up there in terms of our favorites, like the Crown and Freemax Starre. Vapor production is also very impressive without being too warm.
60W – A much warmer vape now, but the flavor is just outstanding and with even more vapor!
70W – Massive clouds, but the vapor is now quite hot, not unbearably so, but definitely on the warm side. The tank itself is doing a really good job of keeping cool though.
80W – Too hot now for my liking but the flavor is gorgeous.

I have the ELeaf IJust2 and love it. I am running it at 60W. Nice taste,and cumulus nimbus clouds. I have been using it for a month now with the original coil.
If you are getting dry hits it means there is a problem with E-Liquid getting to the cotton wick. "chain vaping can cause this" or its a bad coil. once its burned it tastes gross no matter how much fluid is on it. So I would take the tank apart for inspection, a good cleaning as well. Q-Tip the mess under the coil, and then replace the coil. Let the coil soak for 5 to 10 minutes before use. You can not rush perfection, and coils are to expensive to play. I am careful when installing a new coil to never touch the e liquid to wick ports on the coil, it may or may not be a mute point by your skin does have oils on it and this can effect the wick.
Good Luck, Hope things turn around for you.
Matt
Clearwater, Florida

Theplague99

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here is the review on the E-Leaf, IJust2 from Vape360. http://vaping360.com/eleaf-ijust-2-review/

30W – Not much yet in terms of clouds, but already surprisingly good flavor.
40W – I think this is what the battery should fire at that comes with the kit. Amazing flavor at 40W and lovely clouds of cool vapor.
50W –Amazing flavor! Wow, this sub ohm tank is up there in terms of our favorites, like the Crown and Freemax Starre. Vapor production is also very impressive without being too warm.
60W – A much warmer vape now, but the flavor is just outstanding and with even more vapor!
70W – Massive clouds, but the vapor is now quite hot, not unbearably so, but definitely on the warm side. The tank itself is doing a really good job of keeping cool though.
80W – Too hot now for my liking but the flavor is gorgeous.

I have the ELeaf IJust2 and love it. I am running it at 60W. Nice taste,and cumulus nimbus clouds. I have been using it for a month now with the original coil.
If you are getting dry hits it means there is a problem with E-Liquid getting to the cotton wick. "chain vaping can cause this" or its a bad coil. once its burned it tastes gross no matter how much fluid is on it. So I would take the tank apart for inspection, a good cleaning as well. Q-Tip the mess under the coil, and then replace the coil. Let the coil soak for 5 to 10 minutes before use. You can not rush perfection, and coils are to expensive to play. I am careful when installing a new coil to never touch the e liquid to wick ports on the coil, it may or may not be a mute point by your skin does have oils on it and this can effect the wick.
Good Luck, Hope things turn around for you.
Matt
Clearwater, Florida
Thank you for the breakdown and explanation I've been running it between 40 and 50watts with small pauses between longer hits and I havent had to replace the coil since

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Two things that would probably help --

1) Vaporesso cCELL coils. Truly, a "game-changer" (as stated on the package or somewhere). I'm using the 0.9's and going through juice like it was coming out of a faucet. Can't even imagine the -- uh... 0.3's? 0.25's? Whatever they are.

C) Poking the cotton -- So far, I've only had a few eLeaf or Atlantis coils that lasted me more than a couple days without massive dry-hits that basically ruined the coils. And I wasn't running them hard at all. Ran into a vid or two talking about poking the cotton through the side ports. DON'T POKE THROUGH -- You'll ruin the coil. Just sort of "poke" at it. Atlantis coils, you'll feel that only two go through and the other two are just for extra wicking (without being excessive). Concentrate on those. I can't even remember if the eLeaf coils are all open or not, but it doesn't hurt to grab a safety pin and poke away. You're just "breaking up the fibers" -- They wick MUCH better now.

4) If you're not already, start low - really low - maybe 15W. "Puff-puff" and go to 17W. Puff-puff and 20W, etc. That slower break-in has helped me quite a bit.

That said, I'm just ordering more Vaporesso coils at this point. And more juice. But it's the most flavorful juice ever now. And even at 0.9, doesn't mind running 40+ (although I tend to stay somewhere in the 35-38 range).

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape by taste, not charts. Start low and work your way up...

VU Sponsors