Become a Patron!

Burnt Ceramic Coils..Help!

Hi,

I'm still new to vaping. I now have 2 Pico's both with a Melo 3 tank.
I am a MTL vaper. More throat hit, the better.
I seemed to be doing great using my Pico with the .3 or .5 coil that came with them. I was vaping at around 45 watts with the airflow closed. It was perfect.

A few suggested I buy the Vaporesso .6 ceramic coils as they're supposed to last longer, better flavour, you can "fix" them if they burn etc. So I bought some.

Most of our juice is 3 or 6mg & hubby adds a bit of PG in for me which has worked well.
The problem may have started when we were given a fruit flavour to try. First few vapes it was delicious then burnt. That was at about 30 watts. I started at around 12 watts and slowly increased as recommended with ceramic coils. Now every ceramic coil I've used is burnt. I've just put my last one in with a custard flavour and it's at 33 watts. If I go over that, burnt. At 33 watts it's not enough of a throat hit.
It's been suggested ceramic coils aren't any good for chain vaping which I do. It's also been suggested fruit flavours don't like high wattage.

Please excuse my bad memory. In short, I have 6 year old twins, care for my husband full time and am seeing a neurologist in December partly because of my memory problems.
Therefore I am a little vague and confused when it comes to the juices I'm using. I do know we started with 70%VG/30%PG. Then hubby added a bit more PG for throat hit. I understand this lowers the nic content but that doesn't worry me.

Hate my memory! I think I was better with the original .3 and .5 coils that came with my Pico's.
I've also ordered Eleaf .75 ECML coils as they're supposed to be better again for throat hit. I have none of the original coils left so it's not an option to put one of those in. Where we live in Australia, there's only one vape shop who doesn't sell the coils I want to go back to.

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated. I'm vaping at 33 watts on my last ceramic coil and it's terrible.

Thank you for reading.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to say, I wasn't a fan of the vaperosso coils but do like coilart's ceramic but it has a larger bore so maybe not the best for mtl style vaping... don't know, didn't try.

If you have found a coul that works, I say go back to it... if you can get them in Australia... not sure.

It kind of seems like you are trying to get more out of the ceramics than they can provide. Tastes good but not enough throat hit so you turn up the power. Then the power exceeds what the coil can handle and it get burnt.

6mg juice will have more throat hit than 3mg so maybe stick with that and go back to the pico coils and call it good.

Edit:
For reference, the coilart coils are CTBVC. If the vaperosso works in your melo3, these will too.

http://www.smokstore.us/Coilart-CTBVC-Monster-Kit

Last edited:

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the vaporesso .9 coils in a Tobeco Super Tank Mini, and enjoy them. However, I couldn't get them to flow/wick properly in the Melo 3, with the same 70v/30p juice I use in the STM without issue. I think that the chimney covers up the coil too much, and too closely, and allows air to be trapped to impede flow. The Super Tank Mini has no chimney, and has the coil's feed holes unimpeded and fully visible in the tank.
Where did you find the .75 coils available, may I ask? I've been looking for them to become available.

I use the vaporesso .9 coils in a Tobeco Super Tank Mini, and enjoy them. However, I couldn't get them to flow/wick properly in the Melo 3, with the same 70v/30p juice I use in the STM without issue. I think that the chimney covers up the coil too much, and too closely, and allows air to be trapped to impede flow. The Super Tank Mini has no chimney, and has the coil's feed holes unimpeded and fully visible in the tank.
Where did you find the .75 coils available, may I ask? I've been looking for them to become available.

Thanks so much for your reply.
This is where I'm getting them from but they're not in stock at the moment....

https://www.fasttech.com/products/5487600

VU Sponsors